• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (A Homecoming FanFix)

Updated first post with new cutlist and clips.

Current runtime: 2:10:58
Original runtime: 2:13:34

New ferry scene with Karen cut out and the background music rescored

Also, I've been struggling on how to cut out the "8 years and not a word..." line from Toomes. I've been racking my brains on how to seemlessly remove it. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Can you just cut him saying 8?

"Years and not a word"?

addiesin said:
Can you just cut him saying 8?

"Years and not a word"?

The line is in the middle of a long unbroken shit and tried doing that, but it just sounds really fishy.

^ I think you've experienced an autocorrect error. Otherwise you may have a problem there  ;)

Are you editing in 5.1? You can utilize the other channels. You may need to rebuild the sound mix for that scene.

DigModiFicaTion said:
^ I think you've experienced an autocorrect error. Otherwise you may have a problem there  ;)

Are you editing in 5.1? You can utilize the other channels. You may need to rebuild the sound mix for that scene.

That's an entirely different medical problem unrelated to fanediting I've got to get checked 

But yeah, I am editing in 5.1, but the centre channel isn't clean and the diologue bleeds over in the other 5. I've also tried cutting away to a TV during the shot or Shocker #2 punching the van, but both don't work well.

If by rebuild the sound mix, you mean isolate the centre channel and put some score in the background, I can certainly try that

Here's a test using a random track on the OST that sorta lines up

Needs some polishing, but its promising. Also maybe somehow fix his mouth saying "Eight" still

That's not bad! His mouth isn't moving much, and if you hadn't known there was an 8, you wouldn't really notice anything.

I still think the mouth might need to be fixed, its a fraction of a second and a couple of frames, but to be seemless it'll probably need to be adressed. Although, I have no idea how to go about doing that

It'll turn into an episode of Rick and Morty that way. I was thinking something more visual to fix it, like painting his mouth or something

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I was thinking something more visual to fix it, like painting his mouth or something

tumblr_ona61mpYhC1sarywjo1_500.gif

You may be able to superimpose his mouth from earlier frames if the camera doesn't move too much.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Here's a test using a random track on the OST that sorta lines up

Needs some polishing, but its promising. Also maybe somehow fix his mouth saying "Eight" still

If you can stretch out "Years" a little bit, I think that'll sound more natural and it allows you to place the start of "Years" over the mouth movement of the removed "Eight".

I doubt I would catch that edit when viewing the film for enjoyment, as opposed to scrutinizing your editing.

Okay so I've moved "Years" to when he starts saying "Eight" and slowed it down by 2% to stretch it out slightly, which looks better, but it still sounds slightly off. Might be the final version

I've also looked around for other recent movies in which he says "years" and he says it in Birdman, but he says "twenty years ago" which is worse if anything and The Founder has him saying "...for a few years" which could be better, but I don't have The Founder, but I've been meaning to see it for a while so I can't say if the line is useable.

Alright, I've fixed up the background score and polished it as much as I can. Think this might be final

I've only got one other cut to make and I should be finished

The second clip works almost perfectly.  Well done.  You might want to fade it a bit more but it works.

Sounds great!

The only thing that catches my ear now is the fact that Toomes' voice is more gravelly in this one line than before or after. But that's in the original, and I wouldn't know how to smooth that out without making it sound more unnatural.

Here's an off-the-wall (ha!) idea for a tie-in to the 2008 Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, which (also) focuses on young Spidey and his struggles to balance high-school and being a superhero. Password: fanedit.org
For musical consistency, the movie's original song here (The Ramones "Blitzkrieg Bop") is a better fit. But my kids sure would love the theme of their favorite Spidey cartoon in the movie! :D

I've now uploaded what might be the final version of the edit. PM for a link

Been working on a Criteron style cover based on the new Breakfast Club release, looks neat

UCAmk6x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom