• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (A Homecoming FanFix)

darthrush said:
He didn’t cut it. It’s an after credits scene that works very well.

Was it in the after credits? I didn't remember that, I thought it was before. *face palm*

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I was referencing where that scene was in the fan edit, not the theatrical.

7 months after completing and uploading the edit, I've decided to revisit the edit and slightly update it. 

Planned new edits are;

- Regrade the film slightly to remove the yellowish tint as well as saturation and contrast
- Replace Spidey's "Hey Everyone" when he jumps out in the CW video footage to maintain continuity. Tony's line "Nice work kid" is used here instead
- Replace Mark 42 in the invisible jet leaving Avengers Tower. It was destroyed at the end of Iron Man 3, so it makes no sense to be here. Maybe use the Mark 43 or 44 from AOU
- Maybe something else

Here's a preview of the regrading

iC6dIGp.jpg
I3A5PiY.jpg
0xknjZI.jpg
dal6ONa.jpg
XB7TBnI.jpg
YLnZxI7.jpghttp:

And here's the "Nice job kid" line. Needs a bit of echo I reckon

Not sure how I'm gonna be doing the Mk 42 replacement. The 3 shots are pretty static with mild camera movement. Probably easy to do, but I don't really know. Help is always appriciated.

I like the grading in the last image.  In the first ones, not so much as it's less evident.  Nonetheless, I'm glad you're doing a V2 of the edit.  This could be the occasion to finally see the edit!

Pf29xk3.png

I liked Homecoming, I liked it alot. But there were some very minor issues I had with the film. So using a lot of the ideas from another thread on the site, I thought that I'd make my own cut of the film

GENERAL GOALS:
- Trim some of the mediocre jokes so that the better ones shines through
- Cut some minor nitpicks I had with the film
- Rescore some scenes for added emotional impact
- Fixing a major continuity issue (mostly)
- Very slightly adjusting the colour-grade (saturation and black values altered)

CUTLIST:
- Cut the "Actually, it's Native American, but whatever" joke by the Tinkerer
- Cutting straight to the Marvel logo after Toomes says "The world's changing, it's time we change too" to avoid the 8 years thing
- Cut both hot Aunt May jokes in the deli and resturant
- Cut Ned asks Peter a bunch of questions about being Spider-Man
- Replace “Oh Yeah” by Yello during Ferris Bueller gag with correct movie audio
- Cut Toomes saying “Does this work?” and "I thought this was the Anti-Gravity gun" after he kills Not Tom Hardy
- Cut Ned saying “That’s awesome” after Peter says he was almost vapourised
- Cut Toomes saying "8 years and not a word from the feds..." (need to figure out how to do this)
- Cut instant kill gag during ferry
- Cut Karen telling Peter where to web the ferry together and that he was 98% successful
- Rescored Tony saving the Ferry with the Iron Man 3 Theme
- Cut gum under bus seat joke during Shocker #2 fight after Homecoming
- Rescored rubble scene with some classic Elfman (Thanks to darthrush)
- Move Toomes in prison to right after Liz says goodbye to Peter
- Cut close-up of Audi dashboard on the way to Avengers Facility
- Cut Tony/Pepper proposal scene
- Replace end credits song with The Ramones Spider-Man theme
- Added credits for Bobson Dugnutt
- Replaced title card during credits
- New mid-credits scene

SOURCES;
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2017)
- Spider-Man: Original Motion Picture Score (2002)
- Spider-Man 2: Original Motion Picture Score (2004)
- Iron Man 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2013)

If anyone still has this cut, please PM me

Experimenting with making a version 2 of this edit, doing a few more radical edits, cutting a lot more Karen out, thinking about cutting the 2nd Shocker fight, cutting more jokes, better audio edits, the whole shebang.

Here's a clip of my new Washington Monument scene, taking out most of Karen's VO.

Last edited:
As in, cutting out more jokes. Masirimso17 showed me with his Responsibility Edition that there is a bit more than can be cut, as well as my own rewatch informing what should and should not be left in.

As in, cutting out more jokes. Masirimso17 showed me with his Responsibility Edition that there is a bit more than can be cut, as well as my own rewatch informing what should and should not be left in.
I see. And I didn't know Shocker was in this film!

Question, but this is a minor nitpick/request for Version 2 of your fanedit (if you do end up making it as you suggested), but would it be possible to splice the audio a bit to have MJ be called Mary Jane instead of Michelle. I’ve never been a fan of the fact that despite the fact she’s supposed to be the MCU MJ, they decided not to to go all the way with it and call her Michelle instead of Mary Jane. I get that Disney didn’t have the full rights of whatever by Sony to make her named Mary Jane Watson (for some reason), so they tried to be sneaky with it by having her be named Michelle Jones and therefore called MJ. Hell, Disney themselves even went on to ignore her being called Michelle, since Far From Home basically ignores the fact she’s called Michelle and only credits her as MJ in that films credits.

With that in mind, I’d be interesting to see a fanedit that straight up just makes MJ into Mary Jane in Homecoming. Most fanedits that touch on it just remove the MJ part, but I’d be interested in seeing the reverse, and removing the Michelle Jones aspect, and just straight up making her Mary Jane.

Since she’s only ever called Michelle twice in the film by the teacher, so you’d only have to splice the audio or whatever to make it sound like he’s calling her Mary or Mary Jane instead of Michelle. Then you’d maybe have to somehow edit her name in the credits if you want to go further.

It’s a weird minor request, and I understand if your not interested, but I thought I’d the very least ask, cause it’s something I’m curious to see.

Back
Top Bottom