• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friday the 13th Part X - Jason in Space

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you leave the kills as they are in the film, or did you leave them shortened like before? Because they still feel sped-up. And I'm not digging the intercutting of the opening credits. Although that could be because the constant change of the score is really distracting. I also agree with LastSurvivor about the font. It looks really amateurish, especially given the colors you used and the use of a shadow. There is a Friday The 13th font if you're interested in using it, but I'd stick with a more basic font like one used for the rest of the franchise.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you for the friday the 13th font, i left bits of the action standed but the gun fire was a little bit sped up but deaths are normal.
i think i have a way to fix the credit music i will see how it goes.
if it dont work will probly find another theme for credits

thank you for the opinion as i will take it on bored and tinker with it, but was everything else good? as there are quite a few cuts in that first 10 mins

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
thank you for the friday the 13th font, i left bits of the action standed but the gun fire was a little bit sped up but deaths are normal.
i think i have a way to fix the credit music i will see how it goes.
if it dont work will probly find another theme for credits

thank you for the opinion as i will take it on bored and tinker with it, but was everything else good? as there are quite a few cuts in that first 10 mins

Everything else was good. :thumb:

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have a work print of the first cut, its not complete as the audio is not touched up it is still all over the place.
it would be good if some one would like to view it so i can get an opinion from someone else.

P.S. when im near the end of this edit i would like to add some trailers of up coming fanedits but that would be later as i dont know how long it will be till im finished

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i would like to know if you would like to veiw the work print as i would like your opinion as i have already cut 12 mins out of it and moved some scenes around, im just working on the audio and removed some fade out i put in the movie, im rearranging the credit music for new intro and going to darkin the movie just a bit so it looks more moody,

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's no need to post twice to make the same request.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i would like to thank frantic Canadian for all your help and opinions on the work print, it helped out a lot thank you

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i thought i would give an update as to how far off the project is.
i am up to fixing the audio and redoing some of the soundtrack reintegration, i have finished all the editing and slight changes and i hope to be done before the new year.
i tried to tern this in to a horror movie but it was just not scary, so i turned it in to an action film with a much quicker pace.
there are some scenes i did try to make a bit scary but we will see what you guys think

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
i thought i would give an update as to how far off the project is.
i am up to fixing the audio and redoing some of the soundtrack reintegration, i have finished all the editing and slight changes and i hope to be done before the new year.
i tried to tern this in to a horror movie but it was just not scary, so i turned it in to an action film with a much quicker pace.
there are some scenes i did try to make a bit scary but we will see what you guys think

Sounds good reaper... look forward to it :)

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just another update

Just finished the final cut, Im making menus for the DVD now.
The first 7 mins are the best i will get it, but im not to happy with it (it is my first time doing a fanedit), after that it is all good and i like how it turned out. hope everyone else does to.

I am having a bit of a hard time making the cover, nothing is going right with it.
but i will finish it.
I know what edit im doing next and im already in the first stages of that, now that i know a few tricks with editing and sound it should come out good.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i watched the final cut last night and there was something that bugged me about.
it was that it was to clear and crisp, so i spent all last night making it look dark and dirty.
when it was crisp and clear it just looked to cheap and the bad cgi stood out to much.
so i darkened it lot and made the movie look as dirty as i could. it looks like it is in between VHS and DVD and i like it a lot better.

i will be doing a version 2.0 some time but i have another fan edit im working on, maybe when i finish that one i will fix what people don't like about this cut.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i have the avi version done and dusted, it is getting uploaded as i write this, and i am still working out the DVD cover.
i am going to make it look old school (like the final chapter poster). as the last one didn't work out.

i have dropped the quality of the film as i was hoping to make it look like a Friday the 13th film i used to sneak up in the middle of the night and watch, some people may not like this but i did it to bring back some fun childhood memories.

its like in between DVD and VHS. i have put the wind tunnel theme when Vanessa dies 1 second off from the original music as i feel it ups the tempo, i tried many ways speeding up the score and other things but i feel it worked better 1 second off.

hope people like it and as soon as i get the cover finished i will submit it.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here is something i do to distress. it was going to be a feature on the DVD but i had a hissy fit and thought i would post it on here

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Unapproved fanedits.

And your submission has been received and I have notified the Academy it needs watching. Please be patient with us, we've been known to take our time. I'm sure you'll do fine, just keep in mind that when we criticize or point out flaws it's done with the intention of helping you craft your skills.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to it, reaper.
Being the holidays, the guys might take awhile.
Go bowling. Or phone one of the girls.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just finished some touch ups add a few thing and i just sent it to be approved or not.
now im nervous

Top Bottom