• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friday the 13th Part X - Jason in Space

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im not changing all the music just some of it, as it had a good score but just putting some new music in it like drowning pool and rammstin from the trailer and big dumb face darkness becomes because it has a nice dark sound in the middle of it.

i am only speeding up some of the action.

i hope people like the new title sequence, i look forward to showing people

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
According to DVD Compare the Spanish DVD, which is Region 2, contains the R-rated theatrical cut. The listing for the Spanish DVD over at DVD Aficionado , however, lists that it has the compete screw death scene. But if you listen to the commentary track on the Region 1 DVD they mention that they only had to trim it by a frame or two. Not really worth it just for that if you ask me.

There was a lot running around in the early 2000's about overseas versions, but a few places (diabolik, xploited) were also selling the Spanish disc as being uncut. It should be noted though that the first Spanish release in 2002 was not from Columbia tristar but released by another company. Spain had a few releases for this clunker of a film

Best of luck with your edit, though not sure if anything could be done to save this terrible film

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor do you think it is at least a little better in my cut with the tighter editing and faster action scenes.
i would like to know what you think of it

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
tranzor do you think it is at least a little better in my cut with the tighter editing and faster action scenes.
i would like to know what you think of it

From how I remember the film I would so say, though the beginning where they do capture him (when they show it) I actually liked. However not seeing it and picking it right up after his is caught does work well too.

How about this, I liked what you did and it seemed to work. The only issue was some of the music and the way it fades out super quick, it had that "I know it was shortened" feel to it but it was not distracting, however I could still tell. I know you mentioned wanting to re-score, but seeing what you want to re-score it with is not something I would be into, but this is your edit, not mine.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry there has been no activity from me lately, me and the family got really sick but im getting back in to it tonight, hope to have the first 7 mins up soon

Stars1100

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have bought the new Crystal Lake Memories the Complete History of Friday the 13th and in the documentary it was stated by an executive who used to work for Paramount when they owned all the rights at the time did state that while there are a few deleted UN-finished and number coded scenes for "Some of" the movies to which those unfinished scenes were shot on a different type of camera with less quality film stock shot as tests for effects, the Picture quality was terrible, the actual finished shots were all deleted and cut out do to the MPAA ratings that were not in favorite of these movies or the gory kill scenes and kept making them cut stuff out. When Paramount lost their ownership rights do to legal proceedings they ended up destroying their entire archive of all the extra finished scenes that were cut from all the films, all that remains are the theatrical cuts of all the movies, Fans will never be able to see an uncut version as the directors intended them to be those finished extra shots are lost forever. The only Friday the 13th movie that contains additional footage is the first movie that was not owned by Paramount. It was released on DVD as Friday the 13th Uncut.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BloodLust said:
I have bought the new Crystal Lake Memories the Complete History of Friday the 13th and in the documentary it was stated by an executive who used to work for Paramount when they owned all the rights at the time did state that while there are a few deleted UN-finished and number coded scenes for "Some of" the movies to which those unfinished scenes were shot on a different type of camera with less quality film stock shot as tests for effects, the Picture quality was terrible, the actual finished shots were all deleted and cut out do to the MPAA ratings that were not in favorite of these movies or the gory kill scenes and kept making them cut stuff out. When Paramount lost their ownership rights do to legal proceedings they ended up destroying their entire archive of all the extra finished scenes that were cut from all the films, all that remains are the theatrical cuts of all the movies, Fans will never be able to see an uncut version as the directors intended them to be those finished extra shots are lost forever. The only Friday the 13th movie that contains additional footage is the first movie that was not owned by Paramount. It was released on DVD as Friday the 13th Uncut.

The Deluxe editions of Part 4, 6, 7, and 8 all include deleted scenes as extras. And if I'm not mistaken the bonus disc in the "From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" box set may contain some deleted scenes that aren't included on the Deluxe Edition DVD's.

Stars1100

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are correct, they do contain deleted scenes but as I stated they are not the finished scenes that were originally apart of the movies before they were forced to cut them out, these deleted scenes are just the test prints that are shot simultaneously with a different camera, why they did this was never explained and most of them a really bad in picture quality, that can not be reasonably be repaired and reintegrated into the movies, some of those shots don't have any of the effects on them. The only other 13th movie other then the first one was 13th part 7 New Blood which had one extended scene kill in tact which was the killing of Mellisa when Jason hits her in the head with a hatchet and throws her across the room. Sadly the actress who played Mellisa had passed away in 2009 from cancer. A close friend of mine who is a casting director for Paramount Pictures has confirmed to me that all the finished scenes that were deleted from the films have been destroyed and no longer exist ONLY the test prints that are now being called the deleted scenes, there are NO plans to even try and repair them but if you own any DVD's with those test prints then you can use them for your edit as those test prints have been release on some of those DVD's. But I don't think you will be able to repair them to a good quality.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BloodLust said:
You are correct, they do contain deleted scenes but as I stated they are not the finished scenes that were originally apart of the movies before they were forced to cut them out, these deleted scenes are just the test prints that are shot simultaneously with a different camera, why they did this was never explained and most of them a really bad in picture quality, that can not be reasonably be repaired and reintegrated into the movies, some of those shots don't have any of the effects on them. The only other 13th movie other then the first one was 13th part 7 New Blood which had one extended scene kill in tact which was the killing of Mellisa when Jason hits her in the head with a hatchet and throws her across the room. Sadly the actress who played Mellisa had passed away in 2009 from cancer. A close friend of mine who is a casting director for Paramount Pictures has confirmed to me that all the finished scenes that were deleted from the films have been destroyed and no longer exist ONLY the test prints that are now being called the deleted scenes, there are NO plans to even try and repair them but if you own any DVD's with those test prints then you can use them for your edit as those test prints have been release on some of those DVD's. But I don't think you will be able to repair them to a good quality.

Iirc the only ones that aren't completed, i.e. including set-ups and what not, are the ones from Final Chapter. The ones from Jason Lives and New Blood are time-coded if memory serves me right. And the ones from Jason Takes Manhattan are very much completed. The scenes were shot as part of the film and were included in the film when they submitted the finished films to the MPAA for a rating. The scenes as included on the DVD's as deleted scenes were taken either from dailies or a workprint of the film. Except for the deleted scenes included on the Jason Takes Manhattan DVD. Those deleted scenes are very much fully completed and are shown in anamorphic widescreen. I don't know why you think they shot these deleted scenes simultaneously as a test with a different camera, because they didn't. They shot them to be part of the finished film. It's only because of the MPAA that they weren't able to be included in the finished theatrical film.

Stars1100

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well you maybe right on some account but this is what was said in the Crystal Lake Memories by some of the producers directors and various crewman especially the director from part 7 new blood who worked on the films. While there maybe some finished deleted scenes the majority for all the films accept one from part 7 new blood the extended Malissa scene all have been destroyed and I can tell you that when I asked my friend about this a while back she did confirm that is true about them being destroyed because she asked Frank Mancuso Jr. who was executive producer on many of them she is friends and has known for many years he has confirmed this to her when she asked him for me. As far as them filming with a separate camera simultaneously that is what they said in the documentary, it is possible that was done during a rehearsal or run through as directors sometimes do to block a scene which will later have an effect shot as and actor on many sets I have scene this done many times, before the shoot the actual scene with a professional camera, its perhaps the way they stated it that may not make any sense. But feel free to say I am wrong and that my source of information is wrong that my friend got the wrong info from the executive producer. I don't know what else I could tell you accept what ever footage they do have finished or otherwise they are not planning either now or in the future in putting them back in the films.

Frantic Canadian said:
Iirc the only ones that aren't completed, i.e. including set-ups and what not, are the ones from Final Chapter. The ones from Jason Lives and New Blood are time-coded if memory serves me right. And the ones from Jason Takes Manhattan are very much completed. The scenes were shot as part of the film and were included in the film when they submitted the finished films to the MPAA for a rating. The scenes as included on the DVD's as deleted scenes were taken either from dailies or a workprint of the film. Except for the deleted scenes included on the Jason Takes Manhattan DVD. Those deleted scenes are very much fully completed and are shown in anamorphic widescreen. I don't know why you think they shot these deleted scenes simultaneously as a test with a different camera, because they didn't. They shot them to be part of the finished film. It's only because of the MPAA that they weren't able to be included in the finished theatrical film.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're the one who brought this whole thing up, not me. I am aware that they destroyed the original negatives, so it would be impossible for them to release unrated cuts of the rest of the franchise, but the way what you said came across to me is that the unrated kill scenes were only shot as tests, and that the kill scenes in the finished films were the real ones they shot. You can understand my confusion.

And while the deleted scenes included for parts 4, 6, and 7 aren't in the greatest condition, the ones for Jason Takes Manhattan are in pretty decent condition. All they'd have to do is some restoration work to them and they could release an uncut/extended version of that film. I actually tried my hand at an uncut/extended cut of Jason Takes Manhattan a few years back, but gave up because I was having audio issues.

I may have to give Crystal Lake Memories another viewing. I bought it in September when it came out and watched the whole thing in one sitting. Great documentary, and although it's 6 hours and 40 minutes long, I would have loved if it was longer. :lol: Did you order directly from the CLM site? If so, did you order in time to get the bonus DVD with 4 hours and 20 minutes of extended interviews?

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im just uploading the first 10 mins on to you tube now then i will post it on here.
i am going to put 2 up in the next few days, one is the finished one and the other is one i was playing with, it has rock music for the first action scene but i felt that it just did not work, but if you guys feel it does then i will finish that one

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
im just uploading the first 10 mins on to you tube now then i will post it on here.
i am going to put 2 up in the next few days, one is the finished one and the other is one i was playing with, it has rock music for the first action scene but i felt that it just did not work, but if you guys feel it does then i will finish that one

You might want to upload to Vimeo instead as YouTube is famous for deleting clips from here.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i would but i need pro and the wife said no to paying for vemo so i had to find another way.
i would have loved to see the Jason takes Manhattan uncut it woud have been sick

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, you can always try YouTube to see if they allow it.

Second, you don't need Vimeo pro to upload clips, it just limits you on how much you can upload in a week.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah i have 500mb on my vemo basic, i need 1.2 gig so i went with you tube thanks TV fink
i didn't wont to drop the quality (to much it was from a blu ray) and Sony Vegas 12 wont render the footage small for some reason,
i think i will go adobe premier next time Sony Vegas don't work to good on my pc for some reason

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;VxO1EKeQWFg]

Here is the first 10 mins i hope you guys like it.
Remember i am a beginner so yeah there are probably some stuff ups but im hoping it is all good
sorry for quality that would be you tube as it looks crystal clear (pun intended) i will be doing it on dvd so good quality then.
sorry guys

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So what do people think of it? Im looking forward to peoples opinions.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey reaper...

Firstly, I'm a huge F13th fan, so any fanedit of the franchise will have me interested (even if I don't post on threads as much as I should!). Jason X is like one huge guilty pleasure of a movie to me. At the time of release I loved it, as it was the first F13th film to be granted a proper theatrical release in the UK since maybe Part 4. Of course, the movie has problems and your edit appears to be one which will address some of these (the ham-fisted humour etc).

In regards to the opening 10 minutes, I would say that I really like the idea of intercutting the titles with Jason being discovered many years after being frozen and taken back to the spaceship. However, the execution could do with some refining if I'm being honest. The idea to utilise some of Manfredini's original "classic" F13th music from the Paramount movies is fine in theory. However, if you are going to use it I really would urge you to smooth out the music/audio transitions. Even from the New Line logo, there's a sharp audio fade which just feels like it could be smoother. Then, the bits where the credits start to appear as Jason is being salvaged, again the change from modern F13th music to classic F13th needs some work, as the audio transitions just stand out too much.

The font you've used for the titles I would change too. It's far too, shall we say... cheap-looking. Although I made the same kind of mistake in my Smallville edit, something I would definitely change if I went back to it.

Other than that, it all looks good. Visually, no bad cuts at all. It's really the audio side of this edit which will make or break it I think. So, if you're willing to spend some time on this aspect (the most challenging side of fanediting for my money), then I'm sure you'll end up with a very impressive edit.

Look forward to seeing more :)

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thank you for your opinion last survivor i completely see what you are talking about, the wind tunnel theme and the old school just don't go together that well but the jason x soundtrack dont have th eold school che cha's that i was after.
this was my guilty please to i wanted it to be so good and in the end it felt like a TV movie, i was so shattered, but there is always something that keeps me coming back, i am hoping to fix that mistak.e i will tinker with the sound a bit more and see how it goes

thank you
reaper18783x

Top Bottom