• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friday the 13th Part X - Jason in Space

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hi i am working on a fan edit of jason x,
i am trying to tighten up the editing and cut some if not all the bad over the top acting,
change the music from what it is to what it was going to be, as the soundtrack was changed 3 weeks before release
i want to darken the movie a bit and give it a bit more contrast, i always felt that some were in the movie under all the cheese and bad acting and bad editing that there is a real Friday the 13th film in there.
i have heard that there is a bootleg with more violence in it and a few more scenes not in the final cut floating around the internet, does anyone know if this is true or not

thank you
reaper18783x

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] knows a lot about horror workprints. I'm sure he could help with some info

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have this bootleg and iirc it's about 3-4 minutes longer than the theatrical cut which is on the region 1 DVD. I never compared the two but a friend of mine did and he said that there was nothing new in it. I'll try to find my copy and I'll take a look for you. According to the commentary track though there was very little that had to be trimmed in regards to the deaths. The only ones I remember them mentioning is the scene of Adrienne's head being smashed, after being dunked in dry ice, and the scene of the guy impaled on the giant screw. They only had to cut a few frames from each though. The IMDB also lists "A less bloodier take of Dr. Wimmer's spear through stomach scene."

I couldn't find any information regarding the score being changed at the last minute. There are also no deleted scenes on the DVD. So even if an unused score exists, and by chance this bootleg does contain scenes not in the theatrical cut, you wouldn't be able to use them for your edit because they haven't been officially released. Unless you're not planning on releasing your edit here that is.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
...and by chance this bootleg does contain scenes not in the theatrical cut, you wouldn't be able to use them for your edit because they haven't been officially released. Unless you're not planning on releasing your edit here that is.

This is correct. Here is the Own The Source rule.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
got 20 mins in to doing it and it was going good, but every time i try to edit it so it is more scary it just don't work, it would be better as an horror action so that is what i am going to go for. so now it is time to start again as soon as i ave the first 20 mins done again(except audio) i will have it up to be veiwed in it work print form

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i am just rendering the first 5 mins of my edit, it is very rough and has not had the new soundtrck added or little fixes to the editing,
but i hope it can give people an idea of what i am going for, i would like some info on how it is coming out as i am open to changes and love to know new ideas you would have, this is my first edit so please don't be to harsh

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
his is the first 5 mins of my fan edit of Jason x i have not finished the audio yet but it gives you a look at were i am going with it, sorry about the PQ as i am doing it with a bluray version and i had to lower the quality to make the file small. this is a part of my work print and little bits will be different, Ps. if anyone has any ideas please feel free to share them, and if anyone knows how to remove the music from the voices then please help me out with it
thank you
reaper18783x

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, you've misspelled "scammed" on your "warning" screen. Secondly, why is this 4x3 instead of 16x9? If you're using the blu-ray as your source it should definitely be 16x9. Even the DVD is 16x9.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
First off, you've misspelled "scammed" on your "warning" screen. Secondly, why is this 4x3 instead of 16x9? If you're using the blu-ray as your source it should definitely be 16x9. Even the DVD is 16x9.

looks like the video is squished, so either the render settings were messed up, or he used the DVD source and didn't correct for anamorphic widescreen

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
looks like the video is squished, so either the render settings were messed up, or he used the DVD source and didn't correct for anamorphic widescreen

I feel bad about saying anything given most of the posts in this thread...but you missed a capital letter and a period. :p

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes there are spelling mistakes and it is rendered wrong, i had 3 kids at my feet when i was setting it up, how is the editing

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have two kids. My suggestion: don't edit when they are awake.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah thats the plan from now on, iv been finishing it off.
i changed the jason x title and made it like the old school friday the 13th titles and am using the virtual crystal lake theme from the sound track .....and i fixed the selling problems lol:)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
yes there are spelling mistakes and it is rendered wrong, i had 3 kids at my feet when i was setting it up, how is the editing

The editing was fine. I didn't notice any hard audio cuts or jarring video cuts. Do you have a cutlist of what you've done so far?

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i removed were the opening credits were, speed up all the action/kill scenes, cut little bits here and there and rearranged the door closing locking Jason and the girl in the room, but there are lots of little changes and lots of the dialogue is cut out, thanks for telling me the editing is good.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The action/kill scenes definitely looked a lot shorter. Why did you do that? Will you be uploading the updated version of the opening?

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah they were sped up a lot, i was after the feeling that Jason was not going to stuff around and was going to get the job done.
i have been thinking on weather or not to slow them down a bit from what they are but if a was shooting at Jason who wanted to kill me i would be doing it pretty fast.

yeah i will upload it when i put the finishing touches on it, and all of the new credit sequence.
but the rest of the movie will be under lock and key till i have finished it

i wanted to ask a question, i am changing the music threw out the movie to stuff like rammstin and drawning pool and stuff like that, do you think that is a good idea?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
yeah they were sped up a lot, i was after the feeling that Jason was not going to stuff around and was going to get the job done.
i have been thinking on weather or not to slow them down a bit from what they are but if a was shooting at Jason who wanted to kill me i would be doing it pretty fast.

I think the action/death scenes should be left at the same speed. This is a horror movie after all. ;)

reaper18783x said:
yeah i will upload it when i put the finishing touches on it, and all of the new credit sequence.
but the rest of the movie will be under lock and key till i have finished it

Cool. I look forward to seeing how it looks with the old school title sequence.

reaper18783x said:
i wanted to ask a question, i am changing the music threw out the movie to stuff like rammstin and drawning pool and stuff like that, do you think that is a good idea?

I don't know. I've always thought the score on these movies worked pretty well. But replacing it with metal songs could be interesting. And "Bodies" by Drowning Pool was used in the trailer, but was absent from the film itself iirc.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
for arguments sake the full uncut version was supposedly released on the Spanish dvd edition (possibly region 2, but def PAL) that came out many years ago way before the US edition

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
for arguments sake the full uncut version was supposedly released on the Spanish dvd edition (possibly region 2, but def PAL) that came out many years ago way before the US edition

According to DVD Compare the Spanish DVD, which is Region 2, contains the R-rated theatrical cut. The listing for the Spanish DVD over at DVD Aficionado , however, lists that it has the compete screw death scene. But if you listen to the commentary track on the Region 1 DVD they mention that they only had to trim it by a frame or two. Not really worth it just for that if you ask me.

Top Bottom