• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Friday the 13th part VII: The Splatter Cut (Remixed, Restored)

Mysterious1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Friday the 13th part VII: The New Blood, (The Splatter Cut)
Original Running Time 88 minutes, 16 seconds.
New Running Time. 87 minutes, 47 seconds.

The running time appears deceitful, since lot's of additional footage is added in The Splatter Cut. Three scenes are the main reason for the slightly shorter running time.

I removed two scenes from the theatrical version and replaced them with the original scenes that were shot, that turned out to be shorter than the theatrical re-shoots.

I also removed the opening credits, which omitted nearly 2 minutes from the running time.

The reason I removed the opening credits is because I always hated the score that plays over it, and I didn't feel like finding a score to insert over it. So, I re-created the credits myself(as closely to the original as possible in font size and picture placement) and placed them over the young Tina sequence.

I trimmed a bit of footage from the prologue of Jason and Tommy fighting in the lake. I never liked how the footage played out with the new score. It just drags. So, now it's more quick, Jason pops out of the water and cannonballs the boat breaking it down and dragging Tommy under water.

I also removed the narrators line "people forget, he's down there, waiting" from this sequence and moved it over the flashback scene with young Tina when the camera pans under-water.

I removed the ending score that runs over the first 10-20 seconds of the end credits, and replaced that section with my own music, something subtle I conjured up on my synthesizer which plays over the alternate extended ending I created before the credits begin.

The sleeping bag death features two additional bloody hits vs the one in the theatrical cut. So three hits now and it packs a punch. I sped the footage up slightly, since the uncut footage was in slow motion and it just doesn't work(and the uncut footage had like 7 hits which is just too much). Now it's a nice bloody death scene.

I added a party horn sound effect when Kate is stabbed in the eye with it.

I added some thunder effects to the original shed scene with Maddy and Robin's original death scene. I also added a brief bit of my own music to the original shed scene(that and the ending are the only times I replaced any original score with my own).

I had to blend the original shed scene into the theatrical scene once Jason enters the shed. So some trick editing, where I took a clip of Maddy walking backwards after looking around the corner and seeing Jason, and reversed it and slowed it down, so now it looks like she's walking forward to look around the corner curious to see see whose in the shed.

It's a nice suspenseful sequence in general, and now it's even better than the theatrical version( I never liked the scene that replaced the shed scene, with her walking into the woods alone and stuff, then running to the shed).

Bone crunching/blood splatter audio effects added to Ben's death. Axe hit sound effect when Melissa gets axed in the face.

Every deleted character moment is now included in the movie, with restored audio and effects.

A Not Rated rating bumper was added after the end credits.

The audio was encoded in 3.0 stereo surround.

Now the full impact of the movie can be felt with all the gore restored. The score finally makes sense and I've come to appreciate it now and understand what they were going for. In cut form, it becomes a parody of itself with the bombastic score building up to nothing. In uncut form, Jason is an unstoppable force that's tearing through his victims literally and there is no chance for them. And the music conveys that sense of force, and sets up Jason as a major foe for Tina. So, now it works and makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom