• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friday the 13th Part V: Jason's Legacy by Last Survivor **View on Vimeo**

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mtuDr6.png

Original title: Friday the 13th - A New Beginning

Fanedit title: Friday the 13th Part V - Jason's Legacy

Studio: Paramount
Faneditor: Last Survivor
Originally Released: March 1985
Fanedit released: Friday 13th February 2015
Original running time: 92 minutes approx
New running time: 66 minutes approx
Cut time: 26 minutes

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

Terror is reborn!

Jason Voorhees is dead - killed at the hands of 12 year old Tommy Jarvis. Now, 6 years later an institutionalized Tommy is plagued by nightmarish images of the psychopath he killed. He is taken to a Pinehurst Halfway House in an attempt to reintroduce him into society. However, when a spate of murders starts up around Pinehurst, it looks very much like the work of Jason. But Jason is dead... isn't he?

Jason's Legacy is an attempt to streamline a movie which suffers from characters who are introduced solely to be killed off straight away. The idea is to refocus the killings on the inmates of Pinehurst as much as possible. Heavy colour correction also attempts to paint the film in the same way light as Joseph Zito's excellent preceding chapter, The Final Chapter. Happy Friday the 13th!

Cutlist:

Sorry, not time for a detailed cut list on this one, but suffice to say I've tried to trim as much bad dialogue as possible, in addition to keeping the kills edited down to the characters who have some relation to the story, rather than ones purely introduced just so they can get killed.

Special Features:

None at this time. If I release this as a DVD file, I may add a commentary.

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. NTSC. MP4.

Dolby AC3 Stereo.

Software Used: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Audacity, PgC Demux, VirtualDub, Adobe Photoshop, HeadAC3he.

Special Thanks:

Sophie Welch, Nadia Quarcoopome.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A heads up... this will be available very shortly via Vimeo. I'll post the link as soon as I can.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, hope you have a great Friday the 13th... here's my fanedit, Jason's Legacy... Enjoy :)

asocialjester

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, this is great. I also agree that the Friday the 13th series was best 1-4, so getting to see part 5 (which, admittedly, I enjoy) that's closer to the spirit of part 4 (my favorite installment), is a real treat. I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might I suggest putting the vimeo stream on the first post as well, so people don't have trouble finding it later?

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Might I suggest putting the vimeo stream on the first post as well, so people don't have trouble finding it later?

Good call Frink.. done ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A short trailer has now been added... Bonus Jason points for anyone who can tell me the music I've used ;)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you.
Advise if you proceed with audio commentary.
Always interested in those.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Thank you.
Advise if you proceed with audio commentary.
Always interested in those.

Thanks Vultural... almost certainly will record an audio commentary.

Hope everyone had a fun Friday the 13th.... I ended up watching Parts 4, 5 (my fanedit of course;) ) and Part 6 with my wife and a friend of ours. Was great fun, even if whilst watching this fanedit a subliminal flashframe of the Paramount logo appeared towards the end!! So, big apologies to anyone who watched it on vimeo and also saw this. I am re-rendering the edit again and the corrected version will be uploaded soon. It's literally just one flashframe, but I'm so sorry that it slipped through the LS quality control ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Corrected version now uploaded on vimeo... again, apologies... the corrected version can be located in the original post on this thread. Enjoy.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
loved it, I noticed that the so called "camp" in the franchise never really had alot of kids
it was generally older teenagers. Probally at some point youd think that parents would send their kids to another camp
or the city would condemn the camp and tear it down.
But overall like the edit, i will try to write review when things slow down.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
loved it, I noticed that the so called "camp" in the franchise never really had alot of kids
it was generally older teenagers. Probally at some point youd think that parents would send their kids to another camp
or the city would condemn the camp and tear it down.
But overall like the edit, i will try to write review when things slow down.

True, the camp has never been a fully functioning camp as such and indeed for many chapters the film is based in the vicinity of camp crystal lake and not the camp itself.

However, I'm glad you liked it and I'd love to hear a review once the edit is up on IFDB.

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I honestly love Part V as a sleazy slasher film, its probably the most Friday The 13th film in terms of what people expect from the series. It has some of the most brutal kills and probably the best tits, and a great lead performance. The rest is a little ridiculous, but I enjoy those elements on a so bad they're good level. I'm definitely interested in seeing this tho, especially considering you've modeled it after Part IV, which is my favorite in the series.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dustin6595 said:
I honestly love Part V as a sleazy slasher film, its probably the most Friday The 13th film in terms of what people expect from the series. It has some of the most brutal kills and probably the best tits, and a great lead performance. The rest is a little ridiculous, but I enjoy those elements on a so bad they're good level. I'm definitely interested in seeing this tho, especially considering you've modeled it after Part IV, which is my favorite in the series.

Hey dustin6595... yeah, Part V us always defended as a guilty pleasure due to its sleazy nature and I totally get that. As much as it's one of my least favourite entries of the series, I can't deny that there's still a sense of fun to be had with it. I think I always saw it as a missed opportunity though. John Shepherd is excellent in the central role, but the film just has too many kills and is a real mess in terms of its focus. I wished they had gone the whole way and just had either Tommy as the killer, or that even at the end we're never sure whether he did it or not. But hey, I hope you enjoy the edit ;)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Derek Derek said:
Gonna watch this soon!

Excellent! Hope you enjoy it and if you get a moment please do let me know what you think.

Oh, and Vultural, thank you so much for your kind review. I've posted a reply on IFDB.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Highly entertaining and more enjoyable than what was released at the drive in.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Entertaining fanedit. It made me thinking if it's possible to re-imagine Friday the 13th franchise or to create something fresh from parts 1-4.
Highly recommended film :)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
Vultural, thank you so much for your kind review. I've posted a reply on IFDB.

I read that and noticed you edited out that teensy error.
I still have the original, however, because it will doubtless be worth big Big BIG money one day.
The one of a kind version!
Like postage stamps of the Queen wearing an eyepatch.
Antiques Roadshow - if I live long enough.
Collectors item.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zagadka said:
Entertaining fanedit. It made me thinking if it's possible to re-imagine Friday the 13th franchise or to create something fresh from parts 1-4.
Highly recommended film :)

Thanks Zagadka... glad you had fun with it. Re-imagining the Friday the 13th franchise huh? I've had lots of thoughts about trying just that, even with a possible "silent film" style edit to really restructure how the story plays out. Maybe one day I'll have a shot at doing it ;) Btw, if you get a moment, how about a little review on the edit on IFDB? ;)

Vultural said:
I read that and noticed you edited out that teensy error.
I still have the original, however, because it will doubtless be worth big Big BIG money one day.
The one of a kind version!
Like postage stamps of the Queen wearing an eyepatch.
Antiques Roadshow - if I live long enough.
Collectors item.

Lol, good luck with that. Maybe if my name was Steven Spielberg and you had the first workprint of Jaws which suddenly has Dennis Weaver turning up in a truck... then you'd be onto something :)

Top Bottom