- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning The Final Cut
Original Title: Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: March 22, 1985
Original Running Time: 92 Mins.
Fanedit Release Date: TBA
Fanedit Running Time: 86 Mins.
Time Cut: 6 Mins.
Time Added: N/A
Brief Synopsis: The fifth installment in the Friday the 13th franchise follows a teenage Tommy Jarvis (John Shepherd), who still suffers from nightmares of the mass murderer Jason Voorhees—whom he killed as a child—and is institutionalized at a halfway house near Crystal Lake. However, Tommy has to face his fears when a new hockey-masked killer begins another series of violent murders.
Intention: After purchasing the Friday the 13th Deluxe Edition boxset from Scream Factory and marathoning the entire franchise in three days while in quarantine and fighting off Coronavirus, one film in the series stood out the most to me and that was Part 5. Part 5 is so different from the rest of the series that I wasn't completely sure how to feel about it, and giving it another watch recently, I realized that I was meh about it: I didn't love it but I didn't hate it like most of the franchise fans do. When I realized that, I had it in my mind that I was going to create my own personal version of the film to enjoy for future viewing.
Trimming away some of the film's sleaze, a conversation contradicted by the next film in the series, a few nips and tucks, and creating a new ending via more trimming, I managed to create a version of Part 5 that I could actually enjoy. Pleased with how it turned out, I decided to share it with you all here.
Additional Note(s): Additional color correction was done on top of Scream Factory's color correction to give the film an HDR-like look. There will be a Non-"HDR" version made available in the very near future. 5.1 and 2.0 audio included in final release.
Source(s): Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning Blu-Ray (from the Scream Factory Friday the 13th Collection)
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning soundtrack by Harry Manfredini
- 00:05:18:20: Cut insert of Billy the Orderly reading the porno mag in the front of the van, making the close-up on Tommy one shot.
- 00:08:41:05: Cut Billy the Orderly being an ass while Tommy stays in the truck.
- 00:08:43:11: Same reason as the previous change.
- 00:09:17:03: Cut Billy the Orderly being a sleaze bag after Pam gets Tommy out of the truck.
- 00:22:08:23: Cut the paramedic calling everyone "pussies."
- 00:32:08:14: Cut the rest of the scene with Ethel and Junior.
- 00:32:50:10: Cut shot of Roy at the back of the ambulance.
- 00:33:59:01: Cut Lana getting changed in the bathroom.
- 00:38:44:05: Cut the Mayor berating Sheriff Tucker.
- 00:41:38:07: Trimmed shot of Tina.
- 00:41:58:20: Trimmed shot of Tina.
- 00:50:45:01: Removed Demon and Anita's deaths.
- 00:52:35:23: Cut Ethel spitting in Junior's stew.
- 01:22:56:00: Cut everything after Tommy staring at Jason's mask in his hands. From here, it cuts to black then credits roll.
- 01:23:13:02: End credits music has been replaced with a truncated version of Ozzy Osbourne's "Shot In The Dark".