• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

freeze frame? (still)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
how can you freeze a frame and elongate it/duplicate it other than cutting and pasting frame by frame in vegas?

edit:
youtube helped me, I took a snapshot of the frame and then you can manipulate it to a set length w/ ease.

thanks though... :)

Just be careful to get it the same size as your movie. I tried this the other day and all was fine in the preview window, but once it was rendered the pic showed up much smaller than the rest of the video.

cut one frame, copy/paste it. Then you should be able to select the two: copy/paste, then 4 and so on until your desired length.
Power DVD makes good screenshots that can be used as well, navigating with power DVD is a bitch though.
Virtualdub screenshots are also good.
In Ulead I have the option to slow down a scene, either constantly or continuously starting at 100% speed and stopping at whatever I like. I am sure Vegas has that too.

Yep, Vegas has that too, that's what I ended up doing.

boon23 said:
cut one frame, copy/paste it. Then you should be able to select the two: copy/paste, then 4 and so on until your desired length.
Power DVD makes good screenshots that can be used as well, navigating with power DVD is a bitch though.
Virtualdub screenshots are also good.
In Ulead I have the option to slow down a scene, either constantly or continuously starting at 100% speed and stopping at whatever I like. I am sure Vegas has that too.

thats what I tried first, and it worked fine for a freeze frame, but I need to fade out on it and I couldnt extend the fade through multiple frames since each was a seperate event to vegas.

spelledaren said:
Just be careful to get it the same size as your movie. I tried this the other day and all was fine in the preview window, but once it was rendered the pic showed up much smaller than the rest of the video.

The size is fine for me but the resolution takes a hit....

edit - ah ha! the res took a hit because its based on the settings of the preview window. if you max them out (best - full) you get a decent image :)

if you want to fade on a freeze, just create a new video from the freeze and include it in your edit. This way you can fade it like a usual image sequence.

could you be more specific? I accomplished it w/ a still image but how would I do it your way? Thanks!

copy the still image.
start a new movie in vegas.
paste the still image several times (to gain the length you want) for the freeze.
create a movie from it.
insert this movie with the freeze frame into your original movie project in vegas.
use fade or transition effects.

oh, that makes perfect sense.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom