• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

For Your Eyes Only; 007 Cut; APPROVED

Do I have to have coverart in order to be listed?   If so, would someone be up for making it?

nostromo777 said:
Do I have to have coverart in order to be listed?   If so, would someone be up for making it?

What are you looking for as a starting point for your cover:

- Stay very close to the standard original poster (Bond, legs, not much else)?

- Incorporate that iconic image but less dominant? You could build off the Quad poster:
FOR_YOUR_EYES_ONLY_QUAD_master.jpg

- A different look and feel than the original poster? Look at fan art, or items like the comic book adaptation:
FYEO_Marvel_Comics_Super_Special_%28Issue_19%29.png

Once you settle on the main image, I'm happy to be a sounding board for you. I'll watch your edit this weekend, so I'll see your approach. :)

I like the 2nd. I want it to be more like therhe art of old connery Bonds, and the 2nd is more in that style

nostromo777 said:
I like the 2nd. I want it to be more like therhe art of old connery Bonds, and the 2nd is more in that style

Here's my interpretation of the comic-book cover:
For%20Your%20Eyes%20Only%20(1981%20v3.1).jpg

I'll let you know whether I still think this fits your edit of the film after I watch it. :p
In the mean time, feel free to use any or all of this.

(Sorry for the huge image, I don't know how to set a smaller display on the page).

lapis molari said:
nostromo777 said:

Here's my interpretation of the comic-book cover:
For%20Your%20Eyes%20Only%20(1981%20v3.1).jpg

I'll let you know whether I still think this fits your edit of the film after I watch it. :p
In the mean time, feel free to use any or all of this.

(Sorry for the huge image, I don't know how to set a smaller display on the page).

I love it!  thank you.

nostromo777 said:
I love it!  thank you.

You're very welcome. I look forward to settling down with Roger Moore one evening this weekend. :)

Wow! I just watched the edit (v3.1) and I am impressed!

The narrative changes make this a better Bond story. The bits I might have done different are few and minor.

The audio change is the big star of this edit. The name's Barry. John Barry.

Before I write my review, I have two questions @"nostromo777".

- The music during the 2CV car chase was quieter than expected during a non-dialog Bond chase. I watched this on my tablet, so I'm not sure: did you set this music part quieter than e.g. the ski / bike chase? Or is simply my tablet to blame?

- Do you plan on making a v3.2, or is 3.1 the final version? If you are open to further tweaks, I have some observations. E.g. the cut to black before the closing credits is longer than I'd expect, especially because the music doesn't continue through it.

All in all, congratulations on this tour-de-force.

lapis, yes, 3.2 is now complete.  the music/audio levels was the big issue with all prior releases of this edit.  it is now (hopefully) fixed.

Congrats on this release... even though I personally love Bill Conti's score, I will be very intrigued to watch this edit... always nice to see other Bond edits :)

LastSurvivor said:
Congrats on this release... even though I personally love Bill Conti's score, I will be very intrigued to watch this edit... always nice to see other Bond edits :)

I'm of the same opinion, Conti's score is awesome but wow does the new Barry score in this fanedit work!

Everyone keeps talking about the score...  I appreciate all the kind words.   Any thoughts on the edit overall?  nearly 30 mins are cut!   not just big scenes,  theres barely minute of the original film that isnt edited.

nostromo777 said:
Everyone keeps talking about the score...  I appreciate all the kind words.   Any thoughts on the edit overall?  nearly 30 mins are cut!   not just big scenes,  theres barely minute of the original film that isnt edited.

Have only just downloaded it and literally only watched the opening 10 minutes or so... Will endeavour to leave a review soon, but the new pre-credits sequence works fine... however, there is a "flash frame" edit which shouldn't be there as soon as the film starts... it looks like literally a frame of film left over from a previous scene that is present for just a single frame - it is distracting and if I was you I would go back and fix this (as this also happened to me on one of my edits).  However, other than that this looks good and I look forward to watching the rest of it

Regarding the flash frame LastSurvivor mentions, in the first 25 minutes I counted 7 flash frames. It's a pity because I'm loving the edit so far otherwise.

yads said:
Regarding the flash frame LastSurvivor mentions, in the first 25 minutes I counted 7 flash frames. It's a pity because I'm loving the edit so far otherwise.
Blimey, thats really not good. You can excuse one, but 7... This needs correcting and re-releasing

Ill send your refunds over right away.  ;-)  I asked for the feedback for exactly that reason. im sure there are some errors.  As I mention in the OP, there are literally thousands of edits.

LastSurvivor, im not asking to be excused, but here is what happened. they dont show up in adobe premiere in the workflow.  its only after I render a final MKV that I see them.   Ive been fighting premiere all through this project. 

Ill correct them.

exact timecodes will be helpful, but Ill do my best to keep finding them.  I know I saw one during the first Lotus scene.

I've taken the edit down from ifdb, until the problems are fixed. If you know flashframes are happening, then it's best to have a really careful watch through yourself, before letting others see it.

I don't remember seeing all these problems when I watched it a year ago, have you done something different since then?

In my experience flashframes never happen unless there is a framerate problem. For example: This is because when you make an edit ending on shot 26, which ends at frame 8614 in the original movie but because of the wrong framerate discrepancy Premiere is doing a bodge and showing shot 26 as ending at frame 8616 in your timeline, then you will be likely to see 1 frame of shot 27 between your edit when it renders. If frame 8614 is the same frame in your source, in your timeline and your render flashframes won't happen. Hope that makes sense.

Have you double checked that the source movie, your source file rip, your project and your final render all have the exact same framerate setting?

First flash frame in v3.3 is frame #2763 at 00:01:55.24. I compared it with v3.1. That does NOT have this flash frame. In v3.3, the end of the scene gets one extra frame (the flash frame) plus the next scene gets one extra frame (you can tell from the fluttering of the flag). So in v3.3, both sides of the transition show an extra frame.

What surprised me, is that v3.1 has 142367 frames while v3.3 has 142366 frames. Only 1 frame difference! So the extra two frames causing the flash frames must be compensated somewhere else by taking away an equal number of frames.

You wrote that the only change from v3.1 to v3.3 is improved audio. I see the video file got 10GB bigger (higher bitrate) but the quality difference is so small I only notice it in an A-B comparison.

My suggestion: merge the video of v3.1 with the audio of v3.3 (e.g. with Mkvtoolnix). That solves the flash-frames and reduces the total file size.

For a future version 3.4, will you bring the audio back to 6-channel? I see you did all the hard audio work to keep v3.1 in full surround, then you flattened v3.3 to 2-channel.

I get the convenience (really I do, I say as I bang my head against the wall from audio-editing frustration), but it seems a shame for all the effort you put into making it 6-channel all the way up to v3.1., to then "capitulate" to stereo just before the finish line.

the stereo thing was an oversight... will fix.  I have used MKVtoolnix before. hopefully this 3.3 version is just a fluke.  i didnt change anything from 3.2 to 3.3 other than to add some music.   so strange.  the flashframe scenes were not touched.

Im going through the edit now. holy shit there is a ton of flash frames. i feel like adobe premiere has a psychotic break on my PC. something happened to cause this issue. so annoying. im going through edit by edit (hundreds) to fix them. :(

Back
Top Bottom