version 4.1 out now
small glitch fixes, audio levels redone.
-isolated score track
-no score track
Please find me on the Fanedit.org discord server; username Nostromo777
The 12th James Bond film is a favorite of mine. After the silly Moonraker, the film makers decided it was time to return to a more serious tone, with a traditional spy plot. The film mostly succeeds, but there are a few missteps that have always bothered me. My goal is to make FYEO a more “classic” Bond film.
The big idea is to tighten the film in nearly every scene, remove silly stuff entirely and replace the Bill Conti score with classic John Barry music from other Bond films.
the editing of scenes was a big process, but the music replacement is by far the biggest undertaking. There a too many changes to list them ALL. the trims and changes number in the thousands. The music editing and placement is extensive. Hardcore fans are sure to recognize some music from other films, but a casual fan might assume the music was scored especially for this film. It just... sounds like James Bond music. Its all timed to work perfectly with dramatic moments within the film. I'm quite proud of the work Ive done.
FE.ORG ACADEMY REVIEW
"Here is my Academy review of "For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut":
'For your Eyes Only' is one of my top-5 Bond movies, it's one of the few that does a near-perfect balancing act between serious and fun (plus Melina is the strongest and best ever Bond girl ever IMO). It has a few moments of silliness though and while I do love the Bill Conti synth score (he has done some beautiful scores), I have always wondered what a more traditional Bond score would be like. nostromo777 has made the dreams of everybody who has wanted a fanedit of FYEO, come true. The re-scoring is better than even my wildest dreams. I thought I'd miss some moments but even beautiful pieces of scoring from Conti such as when Melina's theme plays (after her parents are murdered) are replaced with a Barry passage so similar in tone and feel that I was amazed. The moment when Bond says "You left this with Ferrara I believe" and then you add a slow arrangement of the Bond theme, was so, so cool (I had to rewind and enjoy that moment quite a few times!). Where did you find that new piece of beautiful piano for the end scene, genius! At many points, I found myself forgetting that the score had been replaced (which I mean as a compliment) because you replaced it with pieces so natural to the scenes. "
6/28/18 UPDATED CHANGELIST
there a too many changes to list them ALL. the trims and changes number in the thousands. here is a broad overview.
- UA/MGM LOGO. replaced with 1981 UA logo
- Original pre-credits opening with graveside scene and helicopter removed. new opening is the sinking of St. Georges,murder of the Havelocs
- opening title/song re-synced and pitch corrected with the original album version Sheena Easton’s song
- toned down MI6 chief of staff’s disdain for 007
- identigraph scene dramatically shortened
- motorcycle attack on Melina removed
- hockey player attack removed
- submarine attack removed
- Bond and Melina’s afternoon shopping removed
- Margaret Thatcher removed
- nearly every scene in the movie has tightened editing, multiple rear projection shots removed during ski chase, multiple "underwater" effects removed
- some new explosion sound effects, new underwater sound effects
- color timing changed on a scene-by-scene basis to make it feel more “cinematic”
- Conti score replaced with Barry score
- Gun barrel effect added: when transitioning from the gun barrel opening to the first shot of the st. Georges, an optical iris effect has been added
- Bill Conti's on screen credit during the opening credits has been digitally removed and replace with John Barry's.
- Pre-movie and post movie credits added to reflect edit work
The film’s original running time is 127 mins.
New running time is 99 minutes.
editing using Adobe premiere, audio sourced from the original soundtracks
alternate smaller file release
5.1 384 kbps