• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

For A Few Dollars Less

thepotatoparadox

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm taking the recent 4K release of this classic and removing unnecessary dialogue and scenes. The character motivations will remain the same, it's just a matter of removing the fat. Would you watch this?

Cut List:

- Removed Indio smoking after killing Tomaso (Indio's Traitor)
- Removed Manco checking into the hotel
- Removed Manco kicking Martinez from his room
- Removed Manco enteering in his hotel room
- Removed Indio getting woken up by a the church bell getting shot
- Removed the boy telling Manco 4 of Indio's gang have arrived at El Paso.
- Removed Manco visiting the Prophet.
- Removed Indio's first flashback.
- Removed everything from the bank robbery to Indio letting the bountyhunters escape, so that the bountyhunters go directly to Aguas Calientes to hunt the bandits.
- Removed a line when Groggy confronts Indio, so that Groggy is the one that betrays him.
- Removed all scenes of Groggy holding Indio hostage.
- Trimmed the rape scene to make it less awkward and remove Mortimer's sister's unrealistic suicide.
- Trimmed final shootout.
- Removed shot of Manco retrieving the money from the tree

Last edited:
Do you have a cut list and examples for members to view to get an idea of what your edit would be like?

I love that film, and would be very curious as to what you would remove! Would you happen to have a list of what dialogue / scenes / interactions you would remove?

I'd certainly watch. Big Leone fan here! Looking forward to finding out more about the project.

I love that film, and would be very curious as to what you would remove! Would you happen to have a list of what dialogue / scenes / interactions you would remove?
- Removed Indio smoking after killing Tomaso (Indio's Traitor).

- Removed Manco kicking Martinez from his room.

- Removed Indio getting woken up by a the church bell getting shot.

- Removed the boy telling Manco 4 of Indio's gang have arrived at El Paso.

- Removed Manco visiting the Prophet.

- Removed Indio's first flashback.

- Removed everything from the bank robbery to Indio letting the bounty hunters escape, so that the bounty hunters go directly to Aguas Calientes to hunt the bandits.

- Removed a line when Groggy confronts Indio, so that Groggy is the one that betrays him.

- Removed Groggy laughing like a stereotypical villain.

- Removed Groggy's second search scene for the money.

- Removed Indio's proposition to Groggy.

- Trimmed the rape scene to make it less awkward and remove Mortimer's sister's unrealistic suicide.

I finished the v1 recently. I can send you a link if you want.

You've made some interesting editing choices! I'd love to see your edit. :)

Gotta love that title and trailer.

Last edited:
Alt title suggestion: 'For a Few Dollars Less'

Back
Top Bottom