• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Font used for Green and Red Band Trailer Title Card

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know a lot of editors like to put the green trailer title card at the beginning of trailers for their edits ("this preview has been approved for all audiences etc.").

Just FYI in case anyone is curious, the font usually used in the title card for theatrical releases is a condensed version of Helvetica Medium. The font for the "PREVIEW" and "AUDIENCES" is a slightly condensed Helvetica Black. It also looks like sometimes there is a slight shadow added to the font. In some recent trailers it appears that a different font is used. But Helvetica appears to be the "classic" one.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good info, thanks.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And for what it's worth, if you don't have Helvetica, the Arial family is very close. Most wouldn't notice the difference. :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to be adding a Downloads section soon (maybe a different name) that will include variations of these graphics, as well as the FE.org intro animation AvP created. Figure a section where editors can easily access these files would be good.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I'm going to be adding a Downloads section soon (maybe a different name) that will include variations of these graphics, as well as the FE.org intro animation AvP created. Figure a section where editors can easily access these files would be good.

Yep, I think that is a great idea.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One that's been around for a coons age and has just never come to be. Rest assured Q2 will make it finally happen :)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just added some Green and Blue Band Title Cards with the Helvetica font to the Resources Page (thread).

Top Bottom