• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Flash of Two Worlds, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An incredible edit that was able to save the movie for me. While this movie will never be perfect in my eyes this is probably one of the closest it will come to making the movie enjoyable. If you read my other reviews of Wakeupkeo you know I am a big fan of his DCEU edits. This one is no exception and it did a far better job honoring and concluding the dceu before the James Gunn reboot happens. Much like his other edits everything is tighter here, this one in particular since it was pretty much WB throwing in the towel and straight up trying to make a marvel movie, humor and all. Now this is the Flash so a more comical tone is fine but a lot of the jokes didn't land and were weird. (baby microwave 'ding') Coupled with a lot of serious scenes about ending the multiverse and you have a movie that is pretty inconsistent. Keo worked his magic and everything is much better paced, and just the right amount of humor and serious think Iron man. There were a lot of small changes that could go flying by but improve the movie like Keaton's Bat theme playing in his fights, removing unnecessary dialogue, and skipping over the awful cgi at the end was the right call. If I have to nitpick seeing the flash steal food still annoys me he is supposed to be a HERO! There was the odd break in continuity: the microwave randomly appearing on the stretcher, Super Girl carrying him over to a more uncomfortable place to lay down ect. I understand that these are unavoidable otherwise certain scenes wouldn't have made sense. The biggest and best change has to be the ending change, the "saying goodbye" hit much better I actually got emotional, changing the ending so he doesn't undue his arc of learning to let go by rearranging the soup so his dad looks up and having Bruce redo the security footage was the happy ending the movie needed, rather than him getting stuck in the George Clooney Batman and Robin universe for a cheap joke dumping on the character and his struggle. The ending credits Wakeupkeo did actually made me smile and showed far more love and respect for DC than WB's execs ever did it was a far more fitting conclusion to the last DCEU film before the reboot. Well done a big recommendation from me.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom