• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Flappy Bird

10223691.jpg

I've just saw this game today. Seems like a cartoon version of 'Copter Mania' on Mindjolt where you just have to click the mouse to go up or down and avoid obstacles. Basically the same thing.

MWRK said:
This is perhaps the most recent popular casual gaming addiction out there.

Can't believe a simple game with a simple goal (get the bird between the pipes without touching them) could be the subject of this huge wave!

Anyone here been playing it? what's your highscore?

I haven't heard of Copter Mania. Will check it out though.

I'm sure Frink had something to do with ^that.

What the heck. here is my highscore so far:
dlqbo0.jpg

I'll stick with my Nokia 6303 :thumb:

matrixgrindhouse said:
So this is what I'm missing out on by not having a smartphone.

I just heard that the creator of the game "just couldn't take any more" and took the game down... I wonder if he was referencing the 50, 000 dollars in ad revenue daily that the game generated, the lawyer harassment from Nintendo over stealing the pipes from mario brothers, or from the makers of an IOS game called bad lands where you fly a bird through traps by tapping on the screen??

wayne.workman2012 said:
I just heard that the creator of the game "just couldn't take any more" and took the game down... I wonder if he was referencing the 50, 000 dollars in ad revenue daily that the game generated, the lawyer harassment from Nintendo over stealing the pipes from mario brothers, or from the makers of an IOS game called bad lands where you fly a bird through traps by tapping on the screen??

Or he finally decided to try playing his own game and got frustrated.

[MENTION=27007]wayne.workman2012[/MENTION] hah, he said the attention and popularity of the game was ruining his simple life. SMH *facepalm
[MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] reminded me of this video:

MWRK said:
[MENTION=27007]wayne.workman2012[/MENTION] hah, he said the attention and popularity of the game was ruining his simple life. SMH *facepalm
[MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] reminded me of this video:

With 50k a day, I can maintain the integrity of a simple life very easily.

I can bet you that the game being taken down was the result of several copyright infringement cases.

This story of his life being ruined is bologna and a cover to maintain reputation.

Wow. Thats. Hmm. I really don't know what to say. Are there people who'd really pay £1500 for Flappy Bird???
I mean, EVEN if the apks or duplicates were unavailable!

wayne.workman2012 said:
I read the article, since when do handheld developers not want to create an addictive game? Who turns down 50k a day for work that is completed already?
Agreed completely. Sounds like BS, especially when the game was, graphically speaking, one level of a Mario game from one of the badguys' perspective, or gameplay-wise, a total rip off of several other earlier games. I guarantee the developer got a Cease and Desist notice and complied immediately. This "It's too addictive and I feel guilty" is just him trying to save face after pulling it down.

Dem's my two cents.

Yeah I think the same too.

Back
Top Bottom