• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

First time building a DVD

Jeffery Crayon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've searched the net for tutorials on DVD Lab Pro 2, but have been unable to find any. I need to build a DVD, and I want it to have the following things:

Animated background on main menu
Music on main menu
Selected Scenes
Special Features: Which include- deleted scenes (with commentary), altered scenes, trailers

How do I go about doing this? I know with Womble DVD maker, I can make a DVD menu, but it seems to be too simple, as I am unable to add the special features and what not.

I'm really, really lost on this. Can anyone help me get started?

Yeah, I caught that one. But the problem is I don't even know where to start with this program. I know how to edit films, work with editing program for computer games, but this is REALLY greek to me right now. Where do I even begin?

you need to demux your video.

de.....what?
Separate video from audio. But DVD lab pro will do it for you when you'll import your video.

Why, it works good to me. (?)

having the dvd authoring program separate the audio and then remux it can cause sync issues. I've had this problem in the past. You should always import elementary streams into your authoring application.

You should also be sure to have an external video encoder do all of the encoding when you have motion videos for the background of your menus. All of the text, inset images, and selections have to be overlayed, and DVD-Lab Pro 2 is terribly fuzzy when you let it encode on its own.

Back
Top Bottom