• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Firefly - Serenity

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Basically, this is just because Firefly rocks so good it needs it's own thread.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok. it?s like this: I?ve bought the box a while back cos everybody said it was so good and never watched a single episode. then I got my ipod as a birthday present. I converted all the episodes and mounted them cos I thought I?d watch them on the way to work. I only made it through 15 minutes of the first one and somehow it didn?t get me...

so guys, tell me some reasons to watch it finally...!

:)

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which episode did you watch? If you started with the un-aired pilot, you won't get a good feel for it. Watch "The Train Job" as that was the aired pilot. With all of Whedon's shows, they start a bit slow, but you eventually get tied to the characters. Give it a chance.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i actually liked the pilot way better than the train job.... as a first episode i mean. i thought fox was dumb to show the train job first... and probably contribute to the show failing so soon.

basically, heinrich... the show is like Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon meets Cowboy Bebop.... and it's amazing. the main character is like han solo, if he was a little more cowboy-ish. seriously... you can sit down and devote an hour and a half to watching the pilot. it will hook you.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
the main character is like han solo, if he was a little more cowboy-ish. seriously... you can sit down and devote an hour and a half to watching the pilot. it will hook you.

that?s big words. but if he is like han solo I absolutely have to give him a second chance...

:)

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
look on the imdb... (not that it is all knowing or anything)... but it is rated a 9.5 out of 10... with currently 8,392 votes. that's the highest rating i've ever seen for anything.... tv show or otherwise.... :) give it a chance my friend. i think it will win you over. i'd watch at least the first 2 episodes. the pilot, and the train job. the pilot will give you a great introduction to the crew and the world, and the train job will give you a taste of how fun the show can be.

and yes, i know they are big words... but it is very much a han solo, millenium falcon kind of thing... in fact the creator even admits that was inspiration for it.

segaflip

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i got hooked on this show when it hit HighDef, glad i watched the first one, I like the whole wild west in space feel.

Rotten Johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished......there are releaesing Serenity as 2 disc set with a boatload of special features.

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Too bad it won't be an extended edition. I recall liking most of the deleted scenes....

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmmm.... it says extended scenes clocking in at 6:45.... wonder if that means they are added back into the movie.... or that we are going to get to see an additional 6:45 worth of extended stuff on top of the "deleted" stuff on the first dvd release? would be super cool to get additional stuff on top of the original release.... super cool double extended cut ;) oh yeah

anyone know?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
6:45 sounds about right for the extended scenes that are on the R4 version but not the previous R1.

So I wouldn't hold your breath for them being reintegrated.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
are there any serenity/firefly fanedits?

i've never seen the series - hoping to start it off right ;)

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
neither the series nor the movie really need fanedits... they are pretty much perfect as it.... an amazing show..... the only thing a fanedit would do is to add the deleted stuff back in.... an extended version might be nice but hasn't been done as far as i know.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well i don't think an extended version of the movie has been made. there was a lot of talk about it before, but apparently there is a vast amount of extra footage that is not available via the current DVD release (or anywhere else i suppose). I am not sure how much of this footage is going to be on the new release that comes out next week.

Top Bottom