• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never seen Darkest Hour, and I saw Dunkirk once in theaters and very much enjoyed it. Narratively I felt that these films were interwoven seamlessly, despite their vast differences, with no audible or visual discrepancies. If I had not seen Dunkirk, I very well may have thought this was a "real" film, and not a hybrid of two different ones. I watched the digital, colored 1080p version. My lack of knowledge of the Darkest Hour source material may inhibit some of my ability to critique here, but overall I found myself enjoying the Dunkirk pieces of this edit far more than the Darkest Hour parts, and I felt myself just waiting for Nolan's boys to come back on-screen. The beginning and ending of this edit were fantastic, but I felt that the characters could have been fleshed out slightly more. Considering the length of the source materials, and while honestly I don't remember a whole lot of what was left out of Dunkirk, I feel that it could stand to be just a little bit longer, maybe even just one scene to flesh out the main characters in each movie. 15 minutes tops. I didn't share the characters' feeling of absolute DREAD as much as I did when I saw it in theatres. Nor did I feel as much weight from Churchill's dilemma as I imagine I'd have felt watching the original movie. Despite how well I felt these movies blended together, I can't shake the feeling that something was lost from each of them in the meantime. That being said, overall I think you did an excellent job here Dustin. And I hope you find time to bless us with another edit soon! :)

Continue reading...

Top Bottom