• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Final Judgement: A T2 Fanedit by Tubes

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final Judgement: A T2 Fanedit by Tubes

tagline: Put your leg down

original film name: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
new film name : Final Judgement: A T2 Fanedit
film studio name : Carloco
edit crew name : Tubes
Date Original Film Was Released : Summer 1991
Date Edit Was Released : September 2008
Original Runtime : 152
New Runtime : 144
Amount of time Cut/Added : 8 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

-Cut "Bad to the Bone". Almost a dead giveaway that Arnie is good this time. Without it, the T-800 still seems dangerous, at least until he tells John to duck.

-Cut Sarah getting force fed her medication. A pacing cut if anything.

-Trimmed Sarah's first nightmare. Dissolve to white just as she exits the corridor so that we don't actually see the playground. I feel that should be reserved for the second nightmare. Description still afterwards.

-Cut T-1000 getting another police car. He drove to the mall in one, he doesn't need to swipe another one.

-Cut Terminator bashing the pay phone for quarters. Robohumor.

-Cut Terminator standing on one leg. Robohumor.

-Cut "Why?" exchange. John now realizes the pointlessness of arguing with a robot, especially one that will do everything you say.

-Cut Smile scene. Robohumor.

-Cut Raging Waters. Focus stays on the Conners, as it should.

-Cut Terminator staying under the speed limit. John gave him an order to speed up, shouldn't he speed up?

Fanedit details: 852x360 h.264 .mp4

Your intention for this fanedit: To make a hybrid of the heavily cut theatrical version and the bloated Special Edition, as well as cut some of the badly placed humor to make T2 closer to the original Terminator film.

Your way to achieve your intention: Cutting, using crossfades, audio mixing.

Hardware and software information : Final Cut Express, MPEG Stremclip, DVD Studio Pro

Additional Comment: DVD on the way with some extras.
The .mp4 works on PS3. Hasn't been tested on 360 or any other systems.

Time needed for the edition: A week.

persons involved: 1

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet. A T2 edit. I'm down with it.

Dluppers

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i knocked up a quick cover for this
T23DDVDCOVER.jpg

download link
http://rapidshare.com/files/156278362/F ... _COVER.rar

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a question. If you remove "Bad to the Bone", how do you explain that Arnie got his shotgun (and the cool Harley Davidson)?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's really no need to explain them.

The "Terminator arrives and steals what it needs" routine is self-explanatory.

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So am I to understand you cut the scene right after the biker tosses his keys to Terminator? I was thinking you just took the music out of the scene...

That would be too bad, because my favorite moment in the movie is Terminator's quick grab of the shotgun from the bar owner's hands.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, its a good scene, but the music is teh suck. I am probably going to take a stab at a light edit of T2 sometime in the not-so-distant future. I'm going to try to rescore that scene with something that isnt completely ridiculous

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, that whole scene is great. Real shame to lose it.

If you do an edit, may I suggest using some of Brad Fiedel's mechanical "heartbeat" stuff? I bet that would work nicely.

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD:

uploaded to Rapidshare

jelio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How come there are no reviews or votes for this fan edit?

Its been around for a long time already ....

Does this edit also cut the cheesy stuff such as "i need a vacation" or the "thumbs up" moment?

-Jelio

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jelio said:
How come there are no reviews or votes for this fan edit?

Its been around for a long time already ....

Does this edit also cut the cheesy stuff such as "i need a vacation" or the "thumbs up" moment?

-Jelio

Both moments are still in it. I could never figure out how to cut "I need a vacation" out seamlessly. The Thumbs Up fits in context with the end, as the Terminator fully evolved beyond his programming to adopt human traits.

As far as why it's never reviewed, I didn't promote it very well and described it as more of an experiment with other editing techniques than a full fledged project. People probably didn't think it was worth their time or bandwidth.

jelio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm thats too bad that it was presented as experimental only,

you must realize that even now you come across as still not promoting your work, oh well.

I personally feel that there isnt a T2 fanedit out there yet that meets my own vision.
Specifically removing just the cheesy moments and leaving everything else as it was.

-Jelio

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jelio said:
I personally feel that there isnt a T2 fanedit out there yet that meets my own vision.
Specifically removing just the cheesy moments and leaving everything else as it was.

Maybe you should make one then ;)

jelio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
haha i know!

Maybe i will when my skills improve :)

-Jelio

Top Bottom