• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Final Fantasy X Ralpherized - The Series (reviews needed))

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final Fantasy X Ralpherized - The Series

tumblr_ne62m9wzWO1u02vego1_500.jpg

So I have been playing around with my Ralpherization technique. Some of my experiments have been hit and miss. Then I was playing the HD remastered version of FFX, when I realized that although they had redone the textures and some of the polygons, The loading time between scenes and even the beats between characters was awful. It was upsetting because FFX has a very good story and it is unfortunate to suffer from the new medium when it was very well (still not perfect though) on the PS2 Version.

Another issue I had was with the HD is the difference between the Gameplay and the Pre-rendered video was glaringly obvious. Yet, we'll watch tons of Anime with less resolution and be perfectly content and moved.

So this became an experiment in Less is more. Cutting the story into half hour episodes. Keeping the pacing going, and Ralpherizing the Video to give it that cartoon look.

Although Episodes 1 and 2 are on the burner, I wanted to start off getting peoples opinions on episode #3 since it has less deposition and more emotion/action. Think of it as a pilot episode.

Latest Episode: E02 The Aurochs

Vimeo Episodes:

Episode Guide:
E01 "From Zanarkand" - When Zanarkand is attacked by Sin, Tidus finds himself transported to a new world.

E02 "The Aurochs" - Washed ashore on the island of Besiad, Tidus makes some new friends and finds himself in a more familiar setting as the new star player of a Blitzball team.

E03 - "A Sending" En route to Luca for the Blitzball tournament, the Island of Killika comes under attack by sin. They voyagers must do all they can to help the people of Killika.
Other Info:
Poster Art:
tumblr_ndd6shyqqG1u02vego1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndigtw39la1u02vego1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndbnxlq2eI1u02vego1_500.jpg

Original footage:
Ps3 footage used for edit:
[video=youtube_share;83S_UX-yC9A]

Ps2 comparison footage
[video=youtube_share;Rxbt6R4QPWE]http://youtu.be/Rxbt6R4QPWE[/video]
Other Ralpherized Examples:

Cover Art:
tumblr_nfqqa7X2cY1u02vego1_1280.jpg

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't say that, it hurts my cheeks. Ralhperized rolls off the tongue.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Bakshified myself. If you say Ralpherized I think of a different guy...

Ralph_Wiggum.png

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I invented it so I get to name it, but we'll use Bakshified as a nick name.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If only it was possible. Tidus is the Jar Jar of the videogame world. Maybe the Phantom Editor could pull it off.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wanted to clarify to everyone that I'll be doing three episodes every other month with assembling the DVD on the alternate months.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Are you going to give Tidus a different laugh?

After doing some research it seems to be possible. There is a program which can rip the isolated dialog from the disc called MsxMC. Unfortunately, my computer is too advanced for the nearly 15 year old program. So I'm trying to see if I can find a windows XP computer with a DVD-rom. If I can do it or get a copy of the file from someone who has done it already, I can actually completely replace tidus' voice. But it also means more time between episodes as I would have to completely rebuild the audio for the entire thing from scratch. and in that case I'd want to try and fix the bad Japanese lip dub that they never bothered to fix.

"THEY CHANGED THE TEXTURES BUT THEY NEVER CHANGED THE MODELS!!!!"

poltergeist.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ken Poirier said:
After doing some research it seems to be possible. There is a program which can rip the isolated dialog from the disc called MsxMC. Unfortunately, my computer is too advanced for the nearly 15 year old program. So I'm trying to see if I can find a windows XP computer with a DVD-rom.

There are a ton of DVD rippers out there. Why don't you try a newer one?

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
There are a ton of DVD rippers out there. Why don't you try a newer one?

If you know of another program that can rip data from a Playstation 2 video game DVD that's encoded using a playstion 1 CD specific video/audio codec that is stored on the disc without and file header (called only by track sector) and knows the exact track and sector to search the disk at, please let me know where I can download it. :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My bad, I somehow missed that this was a videogame edit.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or the fact that I have to read every thread, which leads to a lot of skimming.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New Release: Episode #01 "From Zanarkan"

When Zanarkand is attacked by Sin, Tidus finds himself transported to a new world. Follow Tidus on this first adventure through the world of Spira.

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You misspelled the episode name in the file title.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do to the video limits in a thread, I'm going to put the youtube vids here for now:

Youtube Episodes
NOTE: Youtube may contain ads. These are placed by Square Soft, not me.

[video=youtube_share;DVkSyAvd_Do]
[video=youtube_share;ODNha2NHgmg]
[video=youtube_share;F89U96eK0yI]

Top Bottom