• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FILMORA FINAL EXPORT 1SEC FRAMING PROBLEM

Koltes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi everyone,
first time reframing a film for a personal project.
Learning about compositon mostly so i used Snyders Justice league 4:3 cut
i had free acess to wondershare filmora so i used that, its only later that i discovered its a bit frowned upon but here i am withe finished project wit a ton of shots.
my filmora playback of the project looks perfect but when i export it, shots framing changes 1 frame before it cuts to the next shot. it happens on all the shots and i have a lot.
Any idea what causes this?
I have an image showing the issue but i cant post it, it seems.
Thanks a lot

You may be exporting it at a slightly different framerate than the original, aside from a bug in the software that's the only thing I can think that might cause different frames to pop up.

I'm not sure how Filmora handles your timeline, if it has an assigned framerate, but if you set that wrong that could be a similar but slightly different variation on the same problem. For instance if your source file is 23.976fps, your timeline for editing is 24fps, and then you're exporting at 23.976fps again.

First thanks for your reply.
The original file frame rate is indeed 23.976fps.
When i export it the auto settings were 24fps so i changed them at 23.976fps.

But im wondering now if when i created the project, months ago if filmora did not ask me if i wanted to set the project to 24fps.
hence why the export settings are automatically set it to 24fps but then i change it back to 23.976fps.
im going to try to export a small part of the video with 24fps frame rate and see what happens.

UPDATE i installed a new version of filmora and it shows that the framerate pf the project is indeed 24fps so i guess when i exported at 24.976fp to match the original video it created the bug. I exported some clips but they play separatly so i guess i will have to export the whole thing to check but i think thats it as I also had some jerky part in some clip and they are gone.

Last edited:
Yeah you'll need to change your project to 23.976fps to match your source video, and once you do that you'll likely be able to see all those rogue flash-frames in the editor itself, and be able to fix them.

If you try to paper over the issue by exporting at 24fps you'll get stuttering because it has to create an extra duplicate frame every 999 frames, or ~41 seconds. Which doesn't sound like a lot but it's a very noticeable issue, so I'd recommend adjusting your project and taking a time to fix the cuts properly.

To be honest I would just do it over with a different nle. I tried filmora in the past. It seems like it's fine when you're making it, but the export is simply never frame accurate. Doesn't matter the frame rate or settings, it just isn't frame accurate.

Well after trial and errors, reworking some parts I managed to fix it phewww I was on and off on this since 2022 lol so starting from scratch was a no go lol

of course when I was finished it gave me 2 last minute surprises lol kept the Italian dub instead of the English audio and it was just a big too big to fit a 50G blu-ray lol

Remuxed with the proper audio tracks, subs and reduced the bitrate so now I have a proper iso ready to be burned.

Dunno if I should share this fanfix there must be a few out there. Most did a center framing on most of the movie but it's not that easy. And the point of my take was to find the most Snyderian compositions ie the cool iconic shot and I think it works great.
Even have a BR cover ready.
How one would go sharing this should I post here in the forums? Reddit?

Again huge thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom