• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

File Splitter to Recommend?

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry if I may be posting in the wrong forum, but does anyone have any recommendations for a great file splitter? I am looking for a powerful tool that can essentially split *all* file types, mainly for video and audio. Free or paid does not matter for this request; my OS is Windows 10. Thank you in advance!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ not a problem! :)

I don't do a lot of splitting, so I'm probably not a lot of help, but have you tried something like TSSplitter? I don't know the likelyhood of finding something that will split literally anything, beyond zipping up a file and splitting that.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
^^ not a problem! :)

I don't do a lot of splitting, so I'm probably not a lot of help, but have you tried something like TSSplitter? I don't know the likelyhood of finding something that will split literally anything, beyond zipping up a file and splitting that.

I have not, but thank you very much for the recommendation!

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've noticed that most DLC files on .info are split into many parts. I want to share fanedits with .info using DLC files, created from videos on MEGA, but at the moment I get a single video file within the DLC. Is there an advantage to splitting a video into many parts? And if there is, how do people typically do this?

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've noticed that most DLC files on .info are split into many parts. I want to share fanedits with .info using DLC files, created from videos on MEGA, but at the moment I get a single video file within the DLC. Is there an advantage to splitting a video into many parts? And if there is, how do people typically do this?

The reason is that mega has a max file size of 200mb. Otherwise you could simply host the entire thing.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda said:
The reason is that mega has a max file size of 200mb. Otherwise you could simply host the entire thing.

Not sure what you mean. I thought max storage is 15GB. I have uploaded entire fanedits to MEGA, and shared them with .info, but am concerned they will be susceptible to takedowns, or perhaps can't be downloaded. I've personally had no issues downloading, with or without a VPN.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heavysyde said:

The easiest way to do this is to create your video file and then use something like 7zip or WinRAR to create a split archive.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
The easiest way to do this is to create your video file and then use something like 7zip or WinRAR to create a split archive.
I'll try that, thanks.

Top Bottom