• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

File size - Help

Agent Sam Stanley

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello. I recently finished my first fanedit, but the file size is way too big (14GB). The total runtime of the edit is 3h14, it's a long film, but I'd like to make it smaller in size and preserve a good quality. I'm using Adobe Premiere CC 2014. 
Any suggestions?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Use DVD Fab man

All my workprints done with adobe are around the 17 or 18GB
I convert that with fab and then you have a print of 4 or 5GB and AC3

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
Use DVD Fab man

All my workprints done with adobe are around the 17 or 18GB
I convert that with fab and then you have a print of 4 or 5GB and AC3

No, don't use DVD Fab, man.

If using an external encoder, I strongly suggest either of the two reave posted above (depending on if you are encoding to HD or SD-DVD). DVDFab is a good tool for copying disc folders to your hard drive, but I would never recommend it for encoding to a delivery format.

Agent Sam Stanley

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys, thank you very much for all the help. This took care of the issue for me:

I strongly recommend!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you try anything suggested here or just google it?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, well that sounds mysterious. I hope it works out for you.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, DON"T USE DVDFAB MAN

TO ME, it works great, always great quality and a good sound

So end of story.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No need to shout.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
So end of story.

k. 

I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive. DVDFab is a great tool for certain functions (extracting disc contents), but in my experience the encoder is inferior to other open-source solutions. MeGUI produces stunning results, and I always recommend that for outputting HD delivery formats. Even handbrake has produced decent results (and is lightning fast) in some of the tests I ran.

If you're happy with DVDFab, cool. But if someone comes to the tech section asking for help to improve their output quality, I'm going to make sure they are getting the best information.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I'm going to make sure they are getting they are getting the best information.

It's so the best, they are getting it twice!

Top Bottom