• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

File Restoration

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've noticed it has been difficult to get quality deleted scenes from older movies. Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the quality. The restoration software I can find is either expensive or my computer isn't strong enough for it. For example Viva has a free version but my card isn't strong enough.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can't do much. Even AI upscaling is just a little upgrade from what I've seen.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Topaz have a free trial, which I used once and the results were reasonable. Probably varies depending on the source. If your computer doesn't have the spec though it doesn't have the spec. You might be able to find someone on the forums willing to do it for you though.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Topaz is a powerful tool and offers a lot of potential but as @The Scribbling Man says the source file is important. That said patience might bear fruit here since the algorithms for Topaz are constantly learning as more and more people use them. So, theoretically the more it's used the better the results. Regardless it is definitely worth trying out various algorithms and settings while always keeping realistic expectations.

Top Bottom