• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fight Club: Pull No Punches Edition

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dvdcoverfightclub.jpg

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): EE

Tagline : I am Jacks complete lack of censorship.
original film name : Fight Club
New film name : Fight Club: Pull No Punches Edition
Film studio name : Fox
Edit crew name : nOmArch Productions
Date Original Film Was Released : 1999
Date Edit Was Released : April 2010
Original Runtime : 139 Mins
New Runtime : 141 Mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 2 Mins Added

Cuts removed/added/extended

SCENES CUT/TRIMMED/EDITED

Redundent scenes removed.

SCENES ADDED

Marla Pillow Talk - Original uncensored line

Copier Abuse - alternate take

Rupert & Chloe - an actual proper deleted scene

Walter - Deleted voiceover reinstated

Tyler quits smoking / Jack quits work - two little bookends to the scene where Jack quits his job; helps to explain jacks motives for doing so.

Angel Face Fight - Darker and more brutal fight

Single Layer NTSC DVD with AC3 Stereo.
Static Menu

Extras

Edit info
Scene Selection

Your intention for this fanedit:

To add back in the censored material removed from the theatrical release

Your way to achieve your intention:

Added 6 of 7 deleted scenes back to movie.

Hardware and software information (waht did you use to create your fanedit):

AnyDVD
DVD Decrypter
VirtualDub 1.9.9
Womble MPEG Video Wizard 5
Audition 3
BeSweet
FFMpeg
Cinema Craft Encoder SP2
Paint Shop Pro x2
DVD-Lab Pro 1.6

Additional Comment:

Source converted from PAL to NTSC for maximum DVD player compatibility.

Massive Thanks to Elbarto1 as without his help this edit would probably never of been finished.

Not the hardest job in the world compared to other edits i have made, the deleted scenes were not in great nick and some of them were missing BGM and ambient FX which have been rebuilt, as usual i have done my best and they do look considerably cleaner than the raw scenes displayed on the original DVD.

Time needed for the edition: week or so, on and off.

persons involved: 1

download links: Rapidshare SL NTSC DVD & 2.1Gb Xvid, Torrent probably never.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice, I'll be snatching this asap!
this is one of the few films where when I was sitting in the theatre I said to myself "this is the best movie I have seen in a long while" repeatedly in my head.
I actually bought a bootleg VHS of it as soon as it was available back in 99, something I hardly ever did.
nice to have a EE of such a classic.

also, is the back image of tyler supposed to be flipped? (as seen in the backward soap text) I mean, you could always just cut and flip the text, unless it was intentional.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep intentional*, i really really dont like the desgin of the desc. text on the back cover though, so if anyone who actually has some artistic skill unlike me has any ideas then please let me know :)

*honest guv, no really... i thought it was in keeping with the head gamey sort of theme that fight club has.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
yep intentional*

*honest guv, no really... i thought it was in keeping with the head gamey sort of theme that fight club has.

I figured, since its such a obvious part of the image.
too bad theres not a way to make a hologram that flashes a single penis frame if you move it.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uploading links for the Xvid version then will get onto the DVD.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Links for Xvid are available now.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
who made the funky cover art for the fanedit.org site? just wanted to say thanks on an cracking job! 8)

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there ever going to be a DVD version available??? :roll:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now I've finally sorted out my Data server's PSU, Motherboard and three HDD failures I can now start thinking about getting the DVD uploaded.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch, I watched the AVI of this last night. It's terrific! I really enjoyed it. The added scenes are cleaned up rather well. I did notice the quality difference, but it was not major, and I know this film pretty well, so I would have spotted the extra material rapidly anyway. This really is a great extended edition. I cannot wait for the DVD, and will post a full review as soon as I have seen it.

There was one section in which the voiceover seemed rather quiet, and the background noise, rather loud. It was about 44 minutes in and lasted a minute or two. You might want to give it a quick look before the DVD is releaed.

Thanks for the cool edit!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks Cap'n I'm glad you liked it :)

Once this weekends sports madness has calmed down I should have time to get the doovd upped.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doovdé? No version for my Poospé? :smile: Never mind, at least I can watch it on my Lucdtoove!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube:3lxd6k0l]

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you wanna buy dvd??????????

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
There was one section in which the voiceover seemed rather quiet, and the background noise, rather loud. It was about 44 minutes in and lasted a minute or two. You might want to give it a quick look before the DVD is releaed.

Just checked this (AVI & DVD) prior to uploading and the audio is fine, its not even a bit of the movie that had any editing done to it so it is exactly the same as the original DVD.

just looking into File Hosts at the moment, once I've decided I'll get on with upping it.

Top Bottom