• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fight Club “ The 'I am Jack's Laryngitis' Edit"

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: I am Jack's complete lack of narration.

original film name: Fight Club
new film name : Fight Club - The "I am Jack's laryngitis" Edit
New Runtime : Unchanged
Fanedit details: Edward Norton's voiceover has been completely removed, making this a much more introspective and "arty" film. I believe it puts you even MORE inside the head of the main character. It's kind of hard to explain, really. You'll have to check it out.

Your intention for this fanedit: Shortly after seeing Fight Club in the theater, a friend commented "Imagine how awesome it would be without any of the voiceover." He was right.

Your way to achieve your intention: The narration is completely in the center channel of the 5.1 mix, so I simply faded out any instance of it. I had to use the soundtrack to fill in a few musical holes, had to do a bit of foley work (new audio for the Ron Popeil infomercial on TV, whistling as Jack is leaving his job with the shopping cart), and had to trim a second or two off a couple of shots (very minimal and unintrusive).

Hardware and software information : Vegas

Time needed for the edition: Day or two

persons involved: Zach Action

maybe downloadbale from info

Post deleted.

Please read the rules at the top of the page. If you still have questions, PM an admin.

I'm a huge fan of Fight Club, I can't count how many times I've watched it over and over. I've also read the book that it's based on (incredibly short book I might add).

I've thought several times myself, "Jeez, does he have to narrate every little thing?!?"

So, this edit ought to be pretty good, can't wait to see it! :)

For what it's worth this thread was started over 6 years ago....so, yeah.

I already sent a PM to the editor. I'll upload the AVI for him. If anybody else wants to check it out, send me a PM.

-------------------

my IFDB review:

I was absolutely amazed how well this worked. The narration is so ingrained into this movie and yet when it’s gone it makes things... weirder and stronger. Theatrical Fight Club is still superior but any Fight Club fan needs to see this fanedit.

The editing was smooth overall but sometimes it got really noticeable when the center channel would go out. A lot of these awkward silences helped the scene though so no big deal.

A/V Quality - 9
Editing - 9
Narrative - 10
Enjoyment - 10 (original 10)

Recommended drink: Generic beer

Back
Top Bottom