• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fifth Element: ALPHA

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yes I do!! :)

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what means " tweak"? I cant find this word in any dictionary....

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tweak means to change something a bit.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I'd describe 'tweak' as 'to fine tuning settings'.

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i dont want to sound pessimistic but i think that this project is a big nono, i think that Chris Tucker aka Ruby Rhod has a big role in this movie, its like fire and water and so on, 2 things on each end of a scale...
if you take away one of the elements the scale colapse...

sorry but thats what i think....

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maybe...but what Ruby brings to the story?.....I can do without him.....

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not only did I not miss Chris Tucker from this edit, I had a hard time remembering why he was even there.

Any chance the 5th element:Shout your mouth Ruby edit will see the light of day?

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the casting of Chris Tucker is possibly up there with some of the stupidest decisions ever made.

He is an incredibly annoying actor and I felt he brought nothing to the film.

I understand he is there for comedic effect, but why that was needed is beyond me - because not only did the film not need it, it didn?t work anyway.

Saying all that, I have held off getting this edit as I just love watching my DTS DVD. But I might take a look at some point.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any chance the 5th element:Shout your mouth Ruby edit will see the light of day?

probably no.....Im preparing something big...and I did clean up ma HD......

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah, i have no love for chris tucker in this movie

gekko

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.doubleviking.com/real-men-lo ... 198-p.html

Ruby Rhod

Chris Tucker should have ended his acting career after The Fifth Element. And not because his other movies suck (though they do), and not because he would prove himself to be an insufferable douchebag (which he has), but rather due to the fact that Ruby Rhod, an intergalactic superstar radio host, was literally the role of Chris Tucker?s career.

While Tucker?s loud voice, bugged-out eyes, and ostentatious personality are usually a liability in most of his other film roles, they are a perfect match for the spastic, over-the-top character of Ruby Rhod. From the first time we meet Ruby as he slides across a floor, dancing, shouting, and giving a huge group of Japanese girls his ?autograph? (?autograph,? in this context, meaning that he dips a paintbrush into a can and runs it over all of the girls? photos of him while walking past them), to his awkward handling of an action scene (?Korben? Korben? Korben, my man? One of em comin?aw, shit?three comin, Korben?), to his whining bitchiness near the end of the film when a medic pulls a splinter from his hand (?OW,? he yells, slapping the medic on the head. ?WHAT?S WRONG WITH YOU! HURT!?), Ruby Rhod is an incredible character, and represents the absolute only time Chris Tucker?s insanity is used to a positive effect.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I couldn't agree more to gekko.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well...... I know people who really loves Jar Jar ;)

If someone likes to watch guy non stop yelling have original dvd :D

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't have any problem with Chris Tucker in this movie. I think he had a very solid take on his character. Performance wise, my problem was with the Gaultier models and the President.

I always felt the movie suffered because of some of the attempts at humor, which felt like Luc Besson was trying to emulate the type of jokes found in big budget American movies (especially the gag about Korbin's mom calling- talk about lame!) Overall, 5th Element seems to be trying to go in too many different directions to totally work. Chris Tucker may be annoying, but you can't deny it's a standout performance, love it or hate it. I think he's the least of the film's problems.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For a good attempt at a foreign take on the American action genre, check out Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Hmm, BotW edit....

Top Bottom