• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fifth Element: ALPHA

So...... Fifth element: Prime Evil is finished

Now is faster, little bit serious.... and Tucker dont talk anymore (but appears)

..... next project ......

BLACK HAWK DAWN: Cease Fire Edit

It will be my best fanedit, probably.... but anyone will want to see it......;)

voodl said:
So...... Fifth element: Prime Evil is finished

Now is faster, little bit serious.... and Tucker dont talk anymore (but appears)

:-( i for one thought tucker was the best part

i cant wait to see this. admit that I am not a fan of tucker here

will be available through boon..... I hope :smile:

yes. I am currrently uploading the real deal for voodl's village.

Here's a quick little review/list of suggestions.
I'm not posting this under reviews since I feel some of these problems can still be fixed and addressed by the editor.

First the good -
This was great fun.
I can't believe you could cut a major character and the movie works.
Not only that, it's superior to the original. Ruby was such an over the top obnoxious part of the film.
Good job.
5.1 audio: thank you, always a pleasure.

The Bad -
I wish you hadn't cut:
The intro and preparing the temple at the end (it explains things a bit better).
Leelo putting on makeup (it just felt missing when she suddenly has clown face later).
The full scene of retrieving the stones (you aren't sure Corbin actually got them. It felt strange not being there.)
What happened to the Captain? (Suddenly the underling was in charge.)
The explanation for why they know there is a bomb in the hotel (they are evacuating because of a bomb, but no reason they should know it's there.)
The Credits (um, why?)

The Ugly-
Re-encoding 100% of the movie destroys the closed captioning. :(
Breakup blip early in cab chase (sorry don't remember exactly where.)
Is that an audio cut just before the Diva changes the song's pace? It seems a bit too long.

Hard cuts:
At end Leelo says how to open the stones, Corbin says "What does that mean?", and priest says "I think that uh..." CUT
Just before Corbin lights match (maybe a little Ruby is needed here to smooth it out).

And the big one:
There is bad compression/re-encoding artifacts throughout that are usually indicative of Womble Video Mpeg Wizard's encoder.
If that is the case... Don't use MVW's encoder, it blows REALLY REALLY HARD.
Go to options, export tab, check the box that says "No re-encoding for bit rate change over VBR files."
Cuts will now be direct stream copies. Reencoding will only happen if you do a filter, crossfade or wipe (which you shouldn't do in Womble... build these elsewhere and import them).

Don't get me wrong.
I really liked this edit, these are just suggestions.
As it is, it just misses a space on my video shelf.

My Rating:
Edit (quality and story): 4/5
Video: 2.5/5
Audio: 4.5/5
Total (not an average): 3.5/5

Really I'd like to see a version 2 that addresses these issues since this is the most I have ever enjoyed seeing this movie.

/me shakes his fist @ Womble's encoder. Why? Why waste such a good tool/editor on crappy encoding!?

I previously emailed them requesting if they won't improve their editor to at least allow plug-in to external encoders such as CCE.

DoctorM tnx for review.......

You probably woud like first version of this edit (5th element:Shout your mouth Ruby - only tucker cutted) but for me it was not enough.....

Hard cuts.....yeah I know. in both Ruby is reason......

Tnx for encoder advice. Im not expert in technical stuff

It's fine voodl, I still use Womble myself, even though it doesn't always do what I want it to. It's still the easiest editor I've found. :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I use Womble too.
You just have to check before you output that it'll direct stream copy 100% of the video.

My Matrix edit (especially v1) is a prime example of what happens when you let Womble do what it wants: variable bitrate and vertical compression artifacts. Sigh...

I really found your review positive, DoctorM!

So, marking "No re-encoding for bit rate change over VBR files." solves problem?

I really need help in that kind of stuff.......

When you go to output the final version, make sure you check to see if it actually says 100% Copy... otherwise you might have to tweak things, but yeah that should fix your problem.

ok......after abyss and id4 I will do 3th version of 5th element......

I will fix "hard cuts", "the big one" and I will add credits.....that's all....

I still think that there's no need to explain everything and it's nice to be in movie some "unknown".....so, egipt intro will be out.....

I like that you go back to fix what bugs you. Respect. Lots of others don't.

Tnx.....I think this means fanediting if you know what I mean;)

Back
Top Bottom