• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

FEOTY 2021: Call for Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FEOTY%20banner%20in%20IFDB%20nominations%202021.jpg

Welcome to the 2021 edition of the "Oscars of the Fanedits"! Here is where we show our appreciation for those fanedits that positively stand out.

The annual FEOTY has multiple categories, different from the monthly FEOTM which is one category. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and vote!

nominations-changemakers.jpg

How to Submit Fanedits for FEOTY 2021

Approved Faneditors may submit entries for FEOTY categories. Post your submission(s) in this thread or PM me. You may not submit yourself or your own work. If any category receives fewer than 3 or more than 12 entries, FE Moderators will consider which, if any, fanedits get added or removed before voting starts.

A COMPLETE LIST OF 2021 FANEDITS, WITH LINKS, IS POSTED ON PAGE 3.

The eleven categories for FEOTY are:
a) "Fan Edit Of The Year". This is the big one! All FEOTM winners are automatically entered into this category.
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Extended Edition".
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
e) "Best Combination Fanedit".
f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
h) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
j) "Best Trailer Of The Year".
k) "Paradigm Award". An award for the fanedit that best shows the power and possibilities of fanediting. That makes you go "Wow, I hadn't realized you could do that / make that work."

images

Voting Rules

1) Active FE forum members may vote when they have been registered for more than one month before Nominations open today and have a minimum of 5 posts. FE's software doesn't remove ineligible voters from the poll, this is done by FE moderators, so poll results may appear different from the official score. Before you vote, please ensure you meet the criteria!

2) You may vote once in every category. You may not vote for yourself or your own work.

3) FEOTY nominations are open until 11 April. After that the voting polls will run for eight weeks, until 6 June.

4) In case of a tie, the winner will be the edit that got the most nominations for entry. In case of FEOTMs that are automatically entered, the number of votes as FEOTM count as nominations.

5) Good sportsmanship:
a) If you have a fanedit entered in a category, you may want to shout this from the rooftops. That's okay. Encouraged even! Just take care that you encourage others to vote for the category, don't solicit votes specifically for your edit. For example, this is good: "My Something_Amazing edit is one of the entries for FEOTY! Please remember to vote for the edit you like best." While this goes too far: "My Something_Amazing edit is up for FEOTY! Go vote for my edit!" Enthusiasm that crosses into the grey area of "is it or isn't it" will be evaluated by FE moderators on a case by case basis.
b) In the event of vote manipulation, such as soliciting votes or voting for yourself, the entry will be disqualified.

p044s79w.png

Last edited:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For category a) "Fan Edit Of The Year 2021", the candidates include:

Frank Herbert's Dune - The Spence Edit Revised by Spence
FEOTM-dec2021-837x390-1.jpg

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Edits by Stromboli Bones
Nov-2021-FEOTM-w-text-837x390-1.jpg

Child's Play: The Don Mancini Cut by Dwight Fry
Oct-2021-ChildsPlay-837x390-1.jpg

Wonder Woman: The Excellent Adventure by Wakeupkeo
Sep-2021-feotm-banner-WW-837x380-1.jpg

Split Unbreakable Glass by Wraith
Aug-2021-feotm-banner-wraith-837x390-w-text.jpg

Justice League Grindhoused by Gieferg
award-banner-July-2021.jpg

Superman II - The Expanded Richard Donner Cut by Bobson Dugnutt
award-banner-June-2021.jpg

The Dark Knight Returns: The Book Cut by BlueYoda
award-banner-May-2021.jpg

Memento: Parallel Cut by INH5
award-banner-April-2021-837x380pxl.jpg

Tron: Perfection by Wakeupkeo
award-banner-Mar-2021-837x380pxl.jpg

Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion (Survival Edition) by DigModiFicaTion
award-banner-Feb-2021-837x380pxl.jpg

Phase IV: The Evolution Cut by LastSurvivor
award-banner-Jan-2021-837x380pxl.jpg

Now post or PM your entries for the other categories!
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Extended Edition".
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
e) "Best Combination Fanedit".
f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
h) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
j) "Paradigm Award".

awards-season-2021.png

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
b) Best TV to Movie Edit - Game of Thrones: Redeemed -- almightycutie

e) Best Combination Fanedit - Lovecraft Actually -- JobWillins
f) Best Fanedit by a New Editor - Heat: The McCauley Cut -- Dawnrazor

h) Faneditor Of The Year - Is this exclusive to IFDb approved editors or any FE editors? As if it's the latter, I'd nominate Zagadka for their great work with Maniac in 2021 (The Great Red Dragon, The Woman on the Train, Jigsaw Endgame)
i) Best Cover Art of the Year - Tough pick, there were a bunch of really good ones, but I'm going with
Halloween (1978) The 2018 Prequel edit by lantern51. Honorary mentions to Phase IV - The Evolution Cut by LastSurvivor, Jason and the Argonauts: B+ Movie Edition by The Scribbling Man, Morrigan Presents Batman Forever by Morrigan, Alien: Covenant - The Appendix Cut by catferoze, and Looper: Extended by Wraith.

j) Paradigm Award - Memento: Parallel Cut -- INH5

Still have a handful more edits to watch before I vote on the other categories.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
h) Faneditor Of The Year - Is this exclusive to IFDb approved editors or any FE editors?

Still have a handful more edits to watch before I vote on the other categories.
A faneditor of the year candidate is expected to have their own approved fanedit(s) on FE. So yes, they should have their own edit(s) listed on IFDb.

Remember: you're not voting yet! First is nominations, next month we start the votes (with a poll per category).

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to begin my nominations with the close races for FEOTM this year.
For category a) "Fan Edit Of The Year 2021", my additional nominations are:

All of these edits had close races and deserve, at the very least, a bit more attention at what great releases we've had all year.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Due to life stuff, I haven't released any fanedits in 2021 and I haven't watched many fanedits either :cry: . Hopefully 2022 will be the year I get back into the fanedit game. So the only category I think I can really express an opinion on is coverart...

There has been a noticeably sharp and sad decline in the number of people making full DVD/blu-ray cover artworks in 2021. It's mostly just front covers now but @lapis molari has kept at it with beautiful full covers for all his edits. Undoubtedly my favourite cover this year is the pulpy glamour of...

The Shadow Knows by lapis molari

shadowknows_3dview.jpg

Some other "honourable mentions" from 2021 with interesting, unique and stylish art:

Jason and the Argonauts: B+ Movie Edition - The Scribbling Man

jasonbmovie-front-49-1639946578.jpg

Terminator - The Hunt for Sarah Connor by robulon

terminatorhunt-front-69-1636906721.jpg

Buckaroo Banzai: The VHS TV Edition by BionicBob

buckarootv-front-62-1628453597.jpg

The Problem with Synthetics: Episodes 1 & 2 by Wakeupkeo

synthetics-front-30-1626333411.jpg

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It’s a great trailer but this Edit is from 2022
Not 2021!
Or have a missed something?

Trailers is not even up to nominate (Yet)!

Correction: Trailer of the Year is the newly added category. They can be nominated within their category. Trailers are the hot-ness of 2021, I'm told. 👌

You are correct that trailers from 2022 fanedits are not eligible.

almightycutie

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Correction: Trailer of the Year is the newly added category. They can be nominated within their category. Trailers are the hot-ness of 2021, I'm told. 👌

Ah my bad, I've been watching this edit get made and submitted back in 2021 and just assumed the trailer was from then too, but it looks like it was made this year o_O

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe @Wraith should be nominated for their excellent trailer for Split Unbreakable Glass. It should also be pointed out that @Wraith also played a huge part in the creation of two excellent trailers that have already been nominated. @Stromboli Bones trailer for The Hobbit The Battle of The Five Edits. And almost nominated. @INIGHTMARES Godzilla King of The Monsters Dramatic Cut. Those awesome trailers are better because of @Wraith mentoring.

Last edited:

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

What about 2021 trailers for 2022 edits (or edits that haven't been released yet)? Is the release date of the fanedit the qualifying factor, regardless of when the trailer might have been made?

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What about 2021 trailers for 2022 edits (or edits that haven't been released yet)? Is the release date of the fanedit the qualifying factor, regardless of when the trailer might have been made?
I think to keep it simple, trailer release date...thus consistent with Fanedit's criteria, with an exception for this first year for trailers released in 2021 for edit that came out in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom