• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FEOTY 2021: Call for Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about 2021 trailers for 2022 edits (or edits that haven't been released yet)? Is the release date of the fanedit the qualifying factor, regardless of when the trailer might have been made?
The release date in the IFDb listing is the only date that counts. It's clear, because it's listed, and consistent, because every released fanedit has one. No confusion, no ambiguity.

Excellent trailers first shown in 2021 for 2022 edits, can lead the charge in the Trailer category next year.

This thread appear under the FORUM tab in FRONT PAGE NEW, but it is not on the front page or NEWS tab directly (unless Im missing something). There could be more traction with a NEWS announcement?

Last edited:
This thread appear under the FORUM tab in FRONT PAGE NEW, but it is not on the front page or NEWS tab directly (unless Im missing something). There could be more traction with a NEWS announcement?

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Link

OK, here are my nominations for some more categories!

b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
  • I think its an obvious choice, but of course I am nominating @spence 's "Dune - The Spence Edit Revised" for an amazing TV to Movie Edit.
c) "Best Extended Edition".
  • @blueyoda 's "The Breakfast Club: The John Hughes Extended Edition"
  • And @Wraith 's "Close Encounters of the Third Kind: The Complete Edition"
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
  • @thebutcher 's "Psycho Too" was so damn creative, it definitely needs to be nominated
  • along with @Bobson Dugnutt 's "Escape from Colorado."
e) "Best Combination Fanedit".
  • @Zarius 's "Batman: The Killing Joke: The DCAU Cut" was a very interesting take
  • as well as @HeiseiGodzillaFan 's "This is Tokyo"
  • @Malthus 's "Infinity Thor" was a great combination
  • and @jobwillins 's "Lovecraft Actually" was a bonkers good combination.

I'll also nominate Robulon's Terminator the Hunt for Sarah Connor for the Paradigm award.

f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year"

These two will be tough, as there were so many great new editors this year. I've got my research work cut out for me on these two.

But skipping ahead to h) "Fan Editor Of The Year"
  • I'm sure I'll nominate more, but my first nomination here is @Dwight Fry . Not only has this editor released their own FEOTM winner last year, but they have also given valuable constructive feedback to almost my edits, and they are also credited on the majority of released edits in the special thanks for doing the same thing to a ridiculous number of other editors here. And to me, they exemplify what goodwill this community is all about (or at least strive towards.)

• Second up is @Heavisyde. Another editor producing some really great edits last year, while also working on other platforms to raise standards and build the community. I'm not sure everyone here sees all they do. Its amazing, people.

• And while not an official editor yet, I would like to give an honorary nomination to @ArtisDead for the amazing early reviewing they have been doing to help bring in new unapproved editors, doing a lot of early vetting and working to bring a lot of ITW edits up to par. Another factor in the great growth this community has had and the potential in the future.

I really appreciate that Keo! I'm glad to to know that others see the effort that I have put into developing new editors and improving the forum, in general. This forum has been a very big part of my life for the last almost year while I have had to be confined to home and undergoing medical procedures. I was originally going to devote that time to putting out some edits but instead chose to help others with their edits. I am very grateful to the established award winning editors like @DigModiFicaTion @L8wrtr @spence @Lapis Molari and @Wraith who offered to mentor me. 😁 You all rock!

It's been a very rewarding experience to see many of the changes that I have been involved in come to reality. It's also been amazing to be a part of the evolution of many new faneditors and helping a few established ones along the way.

But in all reality an editor like @Wraith or @spence would be far more deserving of such an award. I don't think people have any idea just how much they do behind the scenes to help new faneditors. They are always willing to help with technical details and challenging aspects of fanediting. Especially, @Wraith. Literally. I know because I was involved. At least two award winning faneditors, @Stromboli Bones and @INIGHTMARES were mentored and guided along their path by @Wraith and the many many long hours they spent mentoring them. I may have approved those edits but it was @Wraith who mentored them to award winning status. That's not to mention the tremendous output that @Wraith has put out in quality fanedits of their own. Many of which are receiving recognition outside of the forum and fanediting circles. They were also very instrumental in spearheading and implementing the new rule that established faneditors be allowed to review and approve new faneditors.

And people like @Heavisyde and yourself, @Wakeupkeo who also put much time into helping others. @Heavisyde should get some kind of award for unclogging the approval process with all of the new fanedits they have approved. 😁 they are an approval machine! Or @Malthus with their podcast and The Malthus Channel, so very cool! Or @Dwight Fry. Is there a new edit by an approved editor that they didn't preview?

But when it's all said and done, I believe that @Wraith should be nominated for faneditor of the year. If everyone knew what I know, it would be a logical hands down decision. This forum is a much better community because of people like them.

Last edited:
@ArtisDead, knowing a bit about your sharp eye for good edits, I have no worry that others on FE will share your opinion and will nominate those edits and editors. 😎

Last edited:
I'd definitely second ArtisDead's nomination of Wraith, not only for reviewing and approving edits but also for the outstanding work that went into both The Godfather restorations and Split Unbreakable Glass. Hard to believe those came out in the same year, along with a bunch of others.

I'd definitely second ArtisDead's nomination of Wraith, not only for reviewing and approving edits but also for the outstanding work that went into both The Godfather restorations and Split Unbreakable Glass. Hard to believe those came out in the same year, along with a bunch of others.
Semi-retirement=T.I.M.E.

@ArtisDead, knowing a bit about your sharp eye for good edits, I have no worry that others on FE will share your opinion and will nominate those edits and editors. 😎
I’m reading that only approved editors can nominate… hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m reading that only approved editors can nominate… hmmm
Correct.

But everybody is welcome to make suggestions for nominations, which can be helpful reminders for Approved Faneditors that "Oh yeah, that edit really stood out last year. Let's nominate it!"

We have a great list of nominees already. 🤩
Keep 'm coming!

I specifically want to ask you to give extra attention to our New Editors and their work. You know those new fanedits you've been meaning to watch but haven't gotten around to yet? Make time to watch them while the Call for Nominations is open. 👏

We have a great list of nominees already. 🤩
Keep 'm coming!

I specifically want to ask you to give extra attention to our New Editors and their work. You know those new fanedits you've been meaning to watch but haven't gotten around to yet? Make time to watch them while the Call for Nominations is open. 👏
Are there any lists already to see who is new for 2021? I am starting to research but it would be helpful! :)

For "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor" and "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year" I'd like to nominate @morrigan and her edit Morrigan Presents Batman Forever (which I just realized I've yet to leave a review for).

Will give nominations for the other categories... eventually.

Are there any lists already to see who is new for 2021? I am starting to research but it would be helpful! :)
No, IFDB has no option to search for that. I'll go through the 129 entries for 2021, check which ones are New Editors, and post the list here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom