• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

FEOTY 2019: request for entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the 2019 edition of the "Oscars of the Fanedits"! Here is where we show our appreciation for those fanedits that positively stand out. The annual FEOTY has multiple categories, different from the monthly FEOTM which is one category. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and vote!

2019-award-winners-770x285.jpg

How to Submit Fanedits for FEOTY 2019

Approved Faneditors may submit entries for FEOTY categories. Post your submission(s) in this thread or PM me. You may not submit yourself or your own work. If any category receives fewer than 3 or more than 12 entries, FE Moderators will consider which, if any, fanedits get added or removed before voting starts.

The ten categories for FEOTY are:
a) "Fan Edit Of The Year". This is the big one! All FEOTM winners are automatically entered into this category.
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Extended Edition".
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
e) "Best Combination Fanedit".
f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
h) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
j) "Paradigm Award". An award for the fanedit that best shows the power and possibilities of fanediting. That makes you go "Wow, I hadn't realized you could do that / make that work."

keep-calm-and-submit-your-entries.png

Voting Rules

1) Active FE forum members may vote when they have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.
FE does not yet have an automated way to exclude ineligible voters; checking this is done by FE moderators, who cannot do this all the time of every day. As a result polls may be temporarily incorrect. Before you vote, please ensure you meet the criteria.

2) You may vote once in every category. You may not vote for yourself or your own work.

3) FEOTY entries can be submitted until 31 March. The voting polls will run for two months, until 31 May.

4) In case of a tie, the winner will be the edit that got the most nominations for entry. In case of FEOTMs that are automatically entered, the number of votes as FEOTM count as nominations.

5) Good sportsmanship:
a) If you have a fanedit entered in a category, you may want to shout this from the rooftops. That's okay. Encouraged even! Just take care that you encourage others to vote for that category, instead of specifically for your edit. For example, this is good: "My Something_Amazing edit is one of the entries for FEOTY! Please remember to vote for the edit you like best." While this goes too far: "My Something_Amazing edit is up for FEOTY! Go vote for my edit!" Enthusiasm that crosses into the grey area of "is it or isn't it" will be evaluated by FE moderators on a case by case basis.
b) In the event of vote manipulation, FE moderators may adjust the number of votes or disqualify an entry.

d32787_5e3e65c45c5d42898264b07c31340b54~mv2.jpg

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For category a) "Fan Edit Of The Year 2019", the candidates are:

Conquest of Jurassic World by @"jobwillins" .
feotm-banner-jan2019.jpg

Iron Man 2: At the Core of It by @"lapis molari" .
feotm-feb2019-banner.jpg

Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords by @"Andreas".
feotm-mar2019.jpg

Alien 3: Third Cut by @"15MaF".
feotm-banner-apr2019.jpg

Babylon 5: The Lost Tales - To Live and Die in Starlight by @"lapis molari" .
feotm-may2019-banner.jpg

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Value-Sized Version) by @"TheMilkmanConspiracy".
feotm-banner-jun2019.jpg

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-the-coaxium-heist/ by @"DigModiFicaTion".
feotm-banner-july2019.jpg

Spectre: The LS Cut by @"LastSurvivor" .
Banner-August-2019.jpg

Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by @"RoccondilRinon".
award-banner-Sep-2019.jpg

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition by @"Bobson Dugnutt".
Banner-Oct-2019.jpg

Passengers: Aurora by @"macmilln".
banner-November-2019.jpg

Avengers: Assembled by @"macmilln".
j90z6L3.jpg

Now post or PM your entries for the other categories!
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Extended Edition".
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
e) "Best Combination Fanedit".
f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
h) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
j) "Paradigm Award"

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In case anybody doesn't know, you can sort the IFDB by some of these categories:
b) TV to Movie

c) Extended Edition

d) Short

e) Can't sort by Combination, but I've made this list (let me know if I've missed any):
f) Again, can't sort by New Editor but I made a list (let me know if I missed any):
g) Refer to list f)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work @"lapis molari" ! :)

FYI everybody, if you look at the 'latest fanedits' on ifdb (https://ifdb.fanedit.org/latest-fanedits/) it will list all edits released in 2019 in order, so you can scroll through them. Handy if you want to refresh your memory of what was released this year.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And, for my votes...
b) Best TV to Movie Edit
c) Best Extended Edition
d) Best Short
Haven't seen any.

e) Best Combination
f) ...by a New Editor
g) Best New Editor
  • @"RoccondilRinon"
  • @"Possessed"
h) Fan Editor of the Year
  • @"DigModiFicaTion"
  • @"Bobson Dugnutt" 
  • @"TM2YC"
  • @"The Scribbling Man"
i) Cover Art
j) Paradigm Award

I love this place. So flattered to even be considered for FEOTY. Good luck to everyone!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yeah. RoccondilRinon/Scott Pilgrim might be the Bong Joon-ho/Parasite of my award picks too :D .

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait... @"lapis molari" did I do this right? Or am I supposed to submit multiple entries (3-12) for each category? Sorry, I'm terrible at reading comprehension.

EDIT: Okay, I've now submitted multiple entries. Huzzah!

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
Wait... @"lapis molari" did I do this right? Or am I supposed to submit multiple entries (3-12) for each category? Sorry, I'm terrible at reading comprehension.

Every approved editor can submit as many entries per category as they want.

If the total number of entries on 1 April (not a joke) is less than 3 or more than 12 for any individual category, then the moderators will evaluate whether to expand or reduce the entries for that category.

After that I'll post a Poll for each category. So March is for Nominations, and April-May for Voting.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
Every approved editor can submit as many entries per category as they want.

Great, that makes things easier when I don't have to make as many hard choices right now :D .

My nominations (obviously based on what I've watched, sorry to those fab edits and editors I've missed:

a) "Fan Edit Of The Year 2019":
- Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon
- For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777
- Ghost in the Shell 2017: Lean & Mean Edition by fairfriend
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage, by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock

b) "Best TV to Movie Edit":
- Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age by subjectzero

c) "Best Extended Edition":
- Scott Pilgrim vs The Editor by RoccondilRinon

d) "Best Short Of The Year":
- I've not seen any.

e) "Best Combination Fanedit":
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by Scott Sandrock/WalrusSAS

f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor":
- Ghost in the Shell 2017: Lean & Mean Edition by FairFriend
- RoboCop: TV Edit HD Restoration, by kchrules
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage, by WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- Dick Tracy: Trueheart Edition, by revstevens
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Editor, by RoccondilRinon
- Babylon 5 Project I: Dawn of the Third Age, by subjectzero
- Passengers: Aurora, by macmilln
- For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777

g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year":
- RoccondilRinon
- macmilln
- FairFriend
- kchrules
- WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- revstevens
- subjectzero
- nostromo777

h) "Fan Editor Of The Year":
- RoccondilRinon
- nostromo777
- WalrusSAS/Scott Sandrock
- fairfriend

i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year":
- Titanic (Restructured) by theryaney (two blu-ray covers with a stylish use of bold, modernist fonts. Making something this simple look this good, is hard work)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the Editor, by RoccondilRinon (really looks like a pro designed poster)
- Dick Tracy: Trueheart Edition, by revstevens (3 optional covers, all beautiful)
- Star Wars: The Coaxium Heist by DigModiFicaTion (a range of 3 posters that look better than the real marketing material)
- The Gill-man: Silent Jaws Edition by theryaney, DigMod and jswert (a clever homage to Jaws, with nicely handled text)
- Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Arkenstone Edition by kerr (looks as professional as his previous two)
- Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition by theryaney (two strong colours (red/blue+black/white) balanced to perfection)

j) "Paradigm Award":
- Shogun Assassin Chapter Two: Flaming Swords of Carnage by Scott Sandrock/WalrusSAS (Re-scoring and re-mixing two films into a sequel to 'Shogun Assassin' is cool, re-dubbing it all yourself to a (deliberatly cheesy) pro standard is next level fanediting)
- For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777 (A complete re-score is hard enough, one that sounds this natural is genius)

I've included 'For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777' because it's one of my all-time favourite edits, even though it's currently got some "technical difficulties". If they are not resolved in time for voting to begin, I guess it can be sadly removed from my nominations.

15MaF

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well it looks like you're on top of things nicely there Lapis. Just wanted to say good work putting everything together! Your enthusiasm doesn't go unnoticed. I've not been watching much at all lately, fan edits or otherwise. I've been working on a very time consuming edit and spinning other plates, so although I'm a bit absent, just wanted to wish all the best of luck :)

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
15MaF said:
Well it looks like you're on top of things nicely there Lapis. Just wanted to say good work putting everything together! Your enthusiasm doesn't go unnoticed. I've not been watching much at all lately, fan edits or otherwise. I've been working on a very time consuming edit and spinning other plates, so although I'm a bit absent, just wanted to wish all the best of luck :)

Thanks! The timeline for this year's FEOTY is 1 month for nominations plus 2 months for voting, precisely to work around busy lives. So no worries, you have time! ;)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also vote best cover art for Amazing Spider-Man Extended Edition for @"theryaney" !

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
REMINDER! Please send me your nominations for the FEOTY 2019 categories! Post in this thread or PM me.

Don't wait until you've seen every edit you'd like to watch: give your first nominations now, and you can add to that before 1 April.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yep. As always, if you've only seen one edit and you loved it, then nominate that.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only watched one edit last year and that was by @"macmilln" so I'm sorry I can't vote.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
I've only watched one edit last year and that was by @"macmilln" so I'm sorry I can't vote.

No, no, don’t be silly! It’s fine, you can still vote... Just remember you can only vote for the edits you’ve seen!
(please don’t ban me)

Also regardless I think the only people voting currently are ranked “Faneditors”, the voting for you normies begins later.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't realise how few I'd seen from last year... If I have time I will try to watch some more before the end of the month.

In the meantime, I nominate Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Value-Sized Version) by @"TheMilkmanConspiracy" for Fanedit of The Year.

Also, it seems "Top Fanedits" only shows so many results. Best to go to Fanedit Listings to make sure none are missed when browsing.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Also, it seems "Top Fanedits" only shows so many results. Best to go to Fanedit Listings to make sure none are missed when browsing.

How are there more "Latest Fanedits" (1450) than "Fanedit Listings" (1395)? I personally used the former, though I'm guessing the 55 difference is probably older - borderline ancient - edits, none from 2019.

And I'm gonna plug this again because it took a bit of time and nobody's even mentioned it  :( . I made lists for all the unsearchable/un-filterable categories:
macmilln said:
In case anybody doesn't know, you can sort the IFDB by some of these categories:
b) TV to Movie

c) Extended Edition

d) Short

e) Can't sort by Combination, but I've made this list (let me know if I've missed any):
f) Again, can't sort by New Editor but I made a list (let me know if I missed any):
g) Refer to list f)

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
... Just remember you can only vote for the edits you’ve seen!

.. I think the only people voting currently are ranked “Faneditors”, the voting for you normies begins later.

To clarify: we have no way to check whether you've watched what you vote for. If you magically divine which edit deserves your vote, you're fine and so is your vote. :)

And no, we have no distinction at FE between muggles and other people. If anything, I'd be a mutt in any qualification. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom