• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

FEOTM Reboot concern - split from the megathread topic

which edit did you like this month?

• edit 1

• edit 2

• edit 3

• neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it clearly is or this thread wouldn't exist. I'm relieved to hear that the motivation behind it is at least different now, but the behavior and whining and persecution complex is clearly still in effect. Not from you per se but clearly the mindset is still there. Glad it's at least for a different reason now, can't be arsed to keep up with what we're whining about currently.
How nice of you.

Sorry, let’s just move on.

@tremault , whenever you get back from your ban, this is from me and it is sincere: I responded to your initial comment flippantly and with sarcasm. You caught me at a bad time and I was moody, but as staff I shouldn’t have reacted that way and so I am genuinely sorry. Equally, I hope you can understand where I am coming from. If you had messaged me something along the lines of “I know you’ve made the polls live now, but would you consider….” then this could have been a whole other outcome. I would have listened, I may have even backed you on your suggestion when bringing it to the staff. But to cast your votes, declare them disingenuous, and insinuate that others would do the same and the whole thing be a waste of time… well, it really wasn’t the best way to go about it and it was the last thing I needed.
Thank you for saying so. I want to reiterate, I have a sincere appreciation for the work you put in and I acted hastily because I wanted to try and catch you early. I felt if I was quick, less people would be effected if you decided to amend anything. If I'd waited, I could have phrased things better but I made a decision and did so with the intent to reduce any perceived damage as much as possible.

Unfortunately, my brain doesn't work like most people. I wish I could phrase things right, but I need to prepare scripts for myself ahead of time, for different situations. In situations haven't prepared a script for, I can be brash and logical and may come across poorly, but please be assured, I only wanted to help you,

What Tremault presented wasn't necessarily the worst suggestion, but the suggestion itself was presented in bad faith, buried under disdain for the staff and literally causing more work for them intentionally, while declaring this particular user no longer has any faith in the system and that "others" agreed and would follow. By contrast look at the suggestion @unfair made, and how it was received.
Disdain, never. Frustration, maybe. Caring, definitely.
I was not really affected by the actions of ArtisDead. He didn't manipulate me at all and my edits don't generally get too much recognition, I mainly appreciate feedback, I don't need to be famous. I saw how this effected other members though and I am angry at how much strain the staff are now under and I've tried at every opportunity to support them. I can be clumsy with my words of course, but mainly, I act according to how I truly believe is right, to bolster the integrity of the site and how people view it. When I saw the polls my first thoughts were curiosity "I wonder if anyone voted for me" so I voted for people I respect, but who edited movies I didn't think many people would own. Then I noticed those had gotten many votes and I wondered if other people might do the same; vote for movies they thought would be unpopular, to try not to sway the results much... But then I thought, how can the results be authentic of more people do that, then I remembered that we had already brought it up previously as a way to improve the perception of the polls and raise trust in them, then i thought to myself, Scribbling Man has done a lot of work on this, and this could undermine his efforts, so I got frustrated at what I viewed to be quite the oversight, even though it was already brought up and discusssed, and I didn't understand, so i felt a bit annoyed, but at the same time I wanted to save the staff any future issues, since they had already been dealing with a loss of trust and I didn't understand how staf could overlook this, but I had to move fast to communicate the issues I could see.
So I moved fast to try and assist Scribbling Man, but I did so with the kind of annoyance you often see in a parent or a sibling. I don't have much of a filter, when I'm moving fast, this all happened within about 5 seconds.
I'm sorry I came across short, but I felt time was of the essence. I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, I was just pretty worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom