• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
New 'sode talking about 3Raz0r's fanedit The Cell: Scary as Hell Edition just posted!

I really enjoy your podcast, and this episode was quite good. You are way better than I am at forgetting the original. You guys pointed out the numerous plot inconsistencies in this, which I didn't even notice being very familiar with the original.

Just wanted to drop in and say I dig the podcast, basically.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
I really enjoy your podcast, and this episode was quite good. You are way better than I am at forgetting the original. You guys pointed out the numerous plot inconsistencies in this, which I didn't even notice being very familiar with the original.

Just wanted to drop in and say I dig the podcast, basically.

Thank you so much!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the attempt to release episodes on each of the Star Wars films before VII is released, and due to a technical difficulty from Stitcher, two episodes posted today - Adywan's Star Wars Revisited and L8Wrtr's Episode 3: Dawn of the Empire. Link to the podcast below.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you were subscribed to the feed, you already know. If not, the last two Star Wars episodes are up. Happy New Year!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got to record an episode with a fellow fan editor! Feel free to listen to me and [MENTION=20849]thecuddlyninja[/MENTION] discuss his fanedit of Insidious, The Man With Fire On His Face! Link is in the footer below!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, what a great idea!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New 'sode of Feature This went live. Me and fan editor [MENTION=20849]thecuddlyninja[/MENTION] discuss Boone's edit of Pan's Labyrinth, Two Exits from Pan's Labyrinth!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
New 'sode of Feature This went live. Me and fan editor thecuddlyninja discuss Boone's edit of Pan's Labyrinth, Two Exits from Pan's Labyrinth!

You mean Boon23 (CBB)?
Be nice if you could get his thoughts and comments.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
You mean Boon23 (CBB)?
Be nice if you could get his thoughts and comments.

It totally would be cool.  @boon23, feel free to comment.  :)

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New Feature This Episode went up discussing BvS Dawn of Justice!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:

Am I missing something here? The latest Feature This episode I have is the Thor 2 one, and I don't see a BvS episode in the feed. Is it coming soon?

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
beezo said:

Am I missing something here? The latest Feature This episode I have is the Thor 2 one, and I don't see a BvS episode in the feed. Is it coming soon?

It's not entirely worked out yet, but the releasing of episodes is going to change and we're in a transitory phase.  So, the episode has been posted directly to www.featurethispodcast.com, but is not available on the GBTM stream. 

The issue is this - we've tried to have a balance between releasing Feature This episodes on the GBTM podcast so that the feed doesn't become primarily Feature This, and dilute the GBTM branding.  However, GBTM episodes take a lot more time and effort to record and it's creating limit on the amount of Feature This content that I want to generate.

The tentative plan for now is to continue releasing some Feature This episodes under the GBTM feed - primarily the ones that have GBTM cast and crew on the recording.  However, the other content that I generate that I want to get out will go directly to my website.  There will probably be a dedicated Feature This Podcast feed, but that's in development now.

I'll continue to announce new episodes here while the FT feed is in development.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I think that way makes more sense as any time two different podcasts are in the same feed it can be confusing for a newcomer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you please make this available as a download? I prefer to listen to Podcasts on the go.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
Can you please make this available as a download? I prefer to listen to Podcasts on the go.

I'll look into it when I get home tonight.

Thank you for the suggestion.  If anybody has any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the website or the casts themselves, I'm open to them and adjusting accordingly.

Thanks!

Solemn.Philosopher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just discovered the podcast and I like it so far. I like how Fanedit.org is expanding beyond their site and bringing the community together.

I agree with some others in saying that I think the podcast should be shorter. That being said, I listened to an entire 2 hour podcast just now, so I can’t complain too much. Perhaps you guys could split longer podcasts into two or three parts (45 to 60 minutes each). The sound was also uneven and low. I listened to it on a Bluetooth speaker and it was often a bit too quiet. I would also like to see an MP3 download.

My first listen was the Batman V Superman podcast. I am one of the haters of the film, though not for the reasons stated at the beginning of the podcast (ie. too dark, too much, trailer spoilers). Perhaps they did try to put too much in the film, but mainly I thought the character motivations and plot points didn’t make sense. I was initially disappointed to hear the podcast defending the film, but you guys had some excellent points.  

However, there was a lot of comic book knowledge and speculation to fill in the blanks. I think Batman V. Superman would be a much better film if the film had expanded and reinforced the plots and motivations that you explained (perhaps instead of the forced Justice League elements).  Never-the-less, I thought Batman V Superman had some great scenes. I am curious to see what faneditors can do with the film, especially using the extended edition.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solemn.Philosopher said:
I just discovered the podcast and I like it so far. I like how Fanedit.org is expanding beyond their site and bringing the community together.

I agree with some others in saying that I think the podcast should be shorter. That being said, I listened to an entire 2 hour podcast just now, so I can’t complain too much. Perhaps you guys could split longer podcasts into two or three parts (45 to 60 minutes each). The sound was also uneven and low. I listened to it on a Bluetooth speaker and it was often a bit too quiet. I would also like to see an MP3 download.

My first listen was the Batman V Superman podcast. I am one of the haters of the film, though not for the reasons stated at the beginning of the podcast (ie. too dark, too much, trailer spoilers). Perhaps they did try to put too much in the film, but mainly I thought the character motivations and plot points didn’t make sense. I was initially disappointed to hear the podcast defending the film, but you guys had some excellent points.  

However, there was a lot of comic book knowledge and speculation to fill in the blanks. I think Batman V. Superman would be a much better film if the film had expanded and reinforced the plots and motivations that you explained (perhaps instead of the forced Justice League elements).  Never-the-less, I thought Batman V Superman had some great scenes. I am curious to see what faneditors can do with the film, especially using the extended edition.

Thank you for the response and for listening!

Yes, I think it is a smart idea to break apart these longer episodes into multiple parts.  I will definitely look into that.

The volume level is low and inconsistent and I'll consider re-mastering this episode and re-uploading it.  I still haven't found a great way of recording through online means and that is certainly a work in progress.  Some shows are recorded with hand held mics and a mixer.  Some are just me with my headset.  Some are me and another person sharing a single mic.  With all the different set ups, I just haven't yet figured out how to make each approach sound great.  But I'm definitely working on it.

I think the speculation is part of the fun of BvS and the film invites it, knowing that it's expanded universe will address these issues eventually.  However, when viewed as a stand alone movie, the need for speculation to fill in the gaps is a vice, not a virtue.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wanted to let everybody know who wasn't already accessing the show through the Gary Buseytown Massacre feed that a new Feature This episode is currently available discussing TMY2C's fanedit Thor 2 - The Dark World - The Hard Forged Edition!

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see there is now a download link for the BvS episode, thanks. Will there be download links added for previous episodes, as well as new ones??

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
I see there is now a download link for the BvS episode, thanks. Will there be download links added for previous episodes, as well as new ones??

Hmmm.  I'm not sure.

To clarify, for the last year, Feature This episodes have been released on the Gary Buseytown Massacre Podcast.  Technically, those episodes are available through that stream.  In fact, the audio links on featurethispodcast directly pull from that stream.  Meaning, if you want to download all of the previous episodes, you can search for the Gary Buseytown Massacre Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher or whatever podcast compiling software you use and get them there.  

I'm not sure about making these recordings downloadable on my website because the point of the joint effort was to help bring eyes and ears to the GBTM brand.  Though I don't think my friends would mind, I think it might be a little inappropriate to make the files available on my site without directing users to the GBTM stream.

However, moving forward, as I create episodes independent of the GBTM stream, they will all be easily available and downloadable on my site.  And, as I overcome some technical hurdles, I will eventually have a dedicated Feature This stream on iTunes and the like.

Top Bottom