• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fear and Loathing in The Star Wars Holiday Special

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, amazing. Gotta love the '70s. Modern artists depicting people tripping can't even touch this stuff in the '70s made by artists who were actually tripping!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit said:
My review from IFDB. I gave it a 10 for enjoyment:

What a truly horrifying experience. Once I started watching, I couldn't avert my eyes. I became mesmerized by this gratuitous spectacle that is "Fear and Loathing in the Star Wars Holiday Special." The editor called it, when he said this "comes off like a terrifying acid-trip nightmare." No horror movie ever made can do this justice.

Watch at your own risk, however do check your health insurance coverage for psychiatric care before so.

Your review was great, written in the spirit of the edit. Thanks

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Your review was great, written in the spirit of the edit. Thanks

No problem. Just promise me you will put better warning labels on the next one. I think I'm irreparably scarred. :-o

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I laughed so hard that I burst in to tears. This is amazing. This is best anti-spice propaganda in Imperial space!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
I laughed so hard that I burst in to tears. This is amazing. This is best anti-spice propaganda in Imperial space!

:lol: Great to hear! Leave a review if you get a chance. Been tryng to think of another 'Fear and Loathing' subject for a mini edit.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be sure to post some proper reviews to the DB in the near future. Got quite the backlog.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
coming soon...
The Star Wars Holiday Special (Expurgated Version)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this your own completely separate edit from scratch, stomachworm, or are you cutting down TMY2C's edit?

If it's totally your own, you should start a separate thread so that everyone gets a chance to take notice of it! :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to [MENTION=5400]tranzor[/MENTION] for the review (And all the others who've so far passed comment). People seem to have really got into the spirit of this crazy little edit. I liked when tranzor said..

"Sneak into your favorite club or Rave and slap this sh*t on as the background visual" :-D

and

"An excruciating painful watch, unless you like damaging your cerebrum" :lol:

Other highlights of the reviews so far...

"All the crazy sh*t from the Holiday Special mashed together incoherently"

"I found myself laughing hysterically to the point of tears"

"A truly horrifying experience... I couldn't avert my eyes. I became mesmerized by this gratuitous spectacle"

and my favourite...

"Viewing may lead to cerebrospinal fluid leaking out your nose" :pound:

^ Enough for one of those Oscar film posters that feature all the best quotes.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news. 'Fear and Loathing in the Star Wars Holiday Special' is back online after going AWOL for a bit (I know one or two people had wanted to view it, or show it to friends and couldn't).

(Password: fanedit.org)

May the fish be wth you!

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Or to quote TM2YC:

Young-Frankenstein1.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just added this to YouTube (So no Vimeo password or other restrictions placed on the video :)) and this time it uploaded fine (It's blocked in Germany though, so bad luck my teutonic friends).

Task Gazer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has been awesome. I laughed so hard. Very nice to watch this after spending much time with the material myself and seeing that you took it in excatly the opposite direction, making it even more insane. Thanks for this, I enjoyed it a lot.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit should come with a food & drug administration warning (or an equivalent applicable to the country in which you live).

cheers to tm2yc for a wild edit!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Task Gazer said:
This has been awesome. I laughed so hard. Very nice to watch this after spending much time with the material myself and seeing that you took it in excatly the opposite direction, making it even more insane. Thanks for this, I enjoyed it a lot.

Good times. Leave a review on ifdb if you get time.

ssj said:
This edit should come with a food & drug administration warning

Yeah probably... but then again, so should the unedited version.

Top Bottom