• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fear and Loathing in Fantasy Mssion Force

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"What? What is this?"

These are the words uttered by countless people who've dared to watch Fantasy Mission Force. Delving into Jackie Chan's filmography can be perilous. For every Drunken Master, there's a knockoff Drunken Fist Boxing. For every masterful Snake in Eagle's Shadow, there's a disappointing Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin. For every Police Story 3 Supercop, there's a "Jackie really just has a cameo" Supercop 2. But there's only one Fantasy Mission Force. Two if you count Fire Dragon, but that's another story.

This is the strangest movie I've ever watched. This is saying a lot. There aren't words in the English language capable of describing what happens in this film. This is the mind-melting sight inside the Monolith, guys. It's at once terrible and wonderful, hilarious and terrifying... and always, always confusing. It isn't safe for human consumption.
[MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] managed to create a brilliant distillation of the Star Wars Holiday Special. With his blessing, I set out to do the same for this monstrosity. Condensed to just over twenty minutes, I have not altered any of the scenes beyond their order, duration, and frequency. No speed adjustments. No cropping. No compositing, special effects, masks, no visual alterations. No changes to the music, dialogue or sound effects. This is simply an abridged restructuring of the movie into the drug-like hallucination it can easily be mistaken for. No DVD release, no commentary, no extras. Just a short streaming nightmare. IFDB post pending clarification from the powers that be on one matter.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh Jesus! I'm still having Vietnam style flashbacks to the mind melting insanity of watching the preview of this edit... but I can't wait to see it again when it's released! :-D

Remember guys and gals, when you watch this "Please keep calm".

thomp.jpg

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually, the preview is the project. After a lot of consideration, I decided against further alterations. But yes. Stick to General Telephone's mantra.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
All right - it's been prepared for release. If anyone's brave and foolish enough to want to see it early, just let me know.

TitusWhitus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for bringing this film into the light of day. I bought the DVD 12 or so years ago when I was on a Jackie Chan kick. The DVD says "Jackie Chan delivers non-stop action!" He is hardly even in the film but it doesn't matter, because the film is uniquely insane. I'm glad you included the banquet musical number near the end of your edit; I was definitely thinking that would belong in there.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TitusWhitus said:
Thanks for bringing this film into the light of day. I bought the DVD 12 or so years ago when I was on a Jackie Chan kick. The DVD says "Jackie Chan delivers non-stop action!" He is hardly even in the film but it doesn't matter, because the film is uniquely insane. I'm glad you included the banquet musical number near the end of your edit; I was definitely thinking that would belong in there.

Glad you enjoyed! Yes, that's the real hazard of the early phases of Jackie Chan fandom. Any movie he has a cameo in gets him front and center on the front cover. Or if he just choreographed the fight scenes. Or mentioned the movie in an interview once. Or if he has absolutely no involvement in the movie whatsoever.

Top Bottom