• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[fe] la vie 2.22 by blueyoda

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
felavie2banner.jpg

Here’s part 2, almost 2 years later.

A distorted mirror of the first chapter, [fe] la vie 2.22 is an outsider’s p.o.v.; flavie’s view of myself, who is now more than what she originally was. The person has become a symbol of so much more and on so many levels that I don’t care to count anymore.

Hope you enjoy this new fragment of my warped and damaged mind.

TAGLINE: They can’t hurt us anymore.

Original film name Not applicable
Film studio name Multiple Sources Film release date Not Applicable Original runtime Not Applicable Fanedit release date July 2011 New runtime 22 minutes Amount of time cut/added Not Applicable
EDIT DETAILS:
This is more of a stream of conscious and unconscious thoughts than a regular fanedit. Made from many, many different sources, it is a sequel to [fe] la vie but works just as well as a prequel.

CUTLIST:
This is what I call an assembly – that which others call a collage. A cut list is therefore not applicable.

Special Thanks
Very special thanks to Uncanny Antman who created the cover and banner for this project.

Release Info:
Single Layer DVD
AVI

Special Features:
The DVD menu tells a miniature story!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This sounds really fascinating! I have not seen the first one though, should i watch it before watching this one?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
This sounds really fascinating! I have not seen the first one though, should i watch it before watching this one?

The first one was released only as an AVI, and it is also present in a folder with this new release (the DVD one at least). So you don't have to download it.
You don't have to watch it first. but I liked the first one also. It's weird, to say the least but kind of fascinating experience, indeed.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This review is based on my opinions and my viewing experience. Nothing is meant as an attack. Spoiler warning.

This edit is pretty bad ass! It's all very innovative and stimulating :)

I loved the random percision of jumping from one thing to the next, these switches never really seemed abrupt or out of place and it pushes the experience forward just right.

There seemed to be an internal battle of wills, something i can relate to, i think this was handled nicely, it has a cool yet dangerous feel, on the edge, seemed a bit melencholy at times and was 100% awesome.

My one and only complaint is the changing aspect ratios, I dont like changing aspect ratios within a film. It didn't ruin the experience at all, but to me the edit is a bit incomplete because of this.

Audio was perfect on my stereo, no jumpy volume or nothing :)

Hilarious menu :lol: is that from a couple different movies, or just one?

9 out of 10!

Side Notes: I really really like this edit and found it very inspiring, thank's for putting it together, blue :) I think this should be required viewing among the community here.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Groovy. There’s no plot, per se, but there is a flow. In the spirit of an impressionist painting, this piece floats sound and images down the river of your mind.

I’m glad BlueYoda didn’t spoil the fun by listing the sources. It’s better to discover them as they happen. There are pleasantly surprising juxtapositions, some of which remind me of MTV when it used to play music videos.

This is the kind of collage your movie and music collection would create if the files began to talk amongst themselves and hook up. . . behind your back while you were sleeping.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
it's bugging me because I converted the video to avi and didn't actually watch it to see if there were credits after, so I'm trying to figure out where two instances of footage are from, one being the Opening sequence, stop motion teddy Bear with the cover of Modern Love, and the other is the kids in the Junkyard (which makes me think of an older Kurosawa film from the 1970's) who find the Jackson Puppet.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this a few weeks back. I loved it. Want more.

It's not for everyone, but if you go into it expecting a wild ride, you should enjoy it.

Recommended.

Top Bottom