• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FE Appreciation Thread.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In this time of chaos at FE, I'd like to just say thanks to all the mods behind the site.

Boon23
Ghostcut
ThrowgnCpr
AvP
Heinrich

THANK YOU!!!!

I know this community will go on after this temporary setback, and I know that it is mainly because of the hard work of these guys (and gals in GC's case :wink: ) that it will go on. Please let them know how much you appreciate their work in this thread.

Posted in the other thread, but for the record:

"Well this is just awful. I loved fanedit.org because it not only introduced me to fanedits, but gave me an easy and free (and presumably legal) way to obtain fanedits through rapidshare. I'm not surprised this day has come, but I'm very disappointed.

Thanks to all the talented faneditors that offered up their work for public consumption, and thanks to boon and all the others who kept things running, gave tips or advice, and so on.

I salute you!"

Thanks for all the good work on this great site, all of you.
Boon23 and Ghostcut are actualy credited in the thank list of my first edit, not only for running this site, but aslo for given me good tips for improving my work when I needed it.

Just thought I'd take a moment here to thank all the admins and moderators for how much effort you guys put into keeping this site thriving. I'm really thankful to have a great place to find alternate and in many cases, preferred, versions of movies that we all love; and I know that none of it would be possible without you guys continuously working to keep the site going and for new fans to discover old projects. A big thank you to TM2YC, TMBTM, njvc, Neglify, [MENTION=6348]TV's Frink[/MENTION], Gatos, reave, @Dwight Fry, MCP, ThrowgnCpr, and all the rest (I'm sorry if I missed anyone--just typing off the top of my head) from the community.

Cheers guys. You're awesome ;-)

Thanks! And [MENTION=3]MCP[/MENTION] will really be happy for the love. Who knows, maybe he'll even post here.

Here, here. You guys are awesome and deeply appreciated. :applause:
Especially MCP. ;-)

TV's Frink said:
Thanks! And MCP will really be happy for the love. Who knows, maybe he'll even post here.

I, for one, welcome our mechanical overlords.

But seriously - kudos to the admins and mods. Top notch work, folks.

ranger613 said:
Just thought I'd take a moment here to thank all the admins and moderators for how much effort you guys put into keeping this site thriving. I'm really thankful to have a great place to find alternate and in many cases, preferred, versions of movies that we all love; and I know that none of it would be possible without you guys continuously working to keep the site going and for new fans to discover old projects. A big thank you to TM2YC, TMBTM, njvc, Neglify, TV's Frink, Gatos, reave, @Dwight Fry, MCP, ThrowgnCpr, and all the rest (I'm sorry if I missed anyone--just typing off the top of my head) from the community.

Cheers guys. You're awesome ;-)

Thanks for the love. I'm glad to see that folks are having a great time here. I've been on a quasi-hiatus while I get my personal shit together, but I would like to also thank the rest of the crew for keeping this ship afloat. I miss you lot.

Let's resurrect this thread and spread some platonic love :)

Thank you @"TVs Frink" for showing me the ropes on the nightly patrol. Your moderating skills are out of this world.
5a8cf6a86ee8aaee14226d7297472886--batman-tv-show-batman-tv-series.jpg

Indeed! A big thank you to you all. I'm very happy to have stumbled upon this resource and it's community. May it continue to thrive as new (and old) generations of editors continue to contribute. 

Out of curiosity, what were the horrific circumstances that initially gave birth to this thread? Was fanedit.org about to close? I nearly had a heart attack until I saw the date on the post!

Thankyou one and all for having the patience to sit through some real turds from me before I struck the occasional gold to approve :)

I was trying to remember the other day what actually brought me to the site, apart from the existence of the breaking bad movie I had no idea fanedits were even a 'thing' in terms of a whole new art form developing around them. Such a cool site, lots of rules to get used to but all for the greater good. I occassionally forget some of 'em so bear with me please. Brilliant community here guys!

Sinbad said:
Such a cool site, lots of rules to get used to but all for the greater good. I occassionally forget some of 'em so bear with me please. Brilliant community here guys!

Indeed. I love how everyone chips in to help, offering advice, constructive criticism, fan-art etc. - and of course with all these things you offer up large chunks of your time. I certainly appreciate it. I probably wouldn't have finished my edit if I hadn't seen the interest that was shown, and the little bits of feedback and encouragement make a big difference. 
The rules are well thought out and inforced and play a big part in making this place as great as it is. I know I've said it already, but... Why not again? Thank you!

DigModiFicaTion said:
Let's resurrect this thread and spread some platonic love :)

Thank you @"TVs Frink" for showing me the ropes on the nightly patrol. Your moderating skills are out of this world.
5a8cf6a86ee8aaee14226d7297472886--batman-tv-show-batman-tv-series.jpg

No problem!  And thanks for doing such a great job. :)

The Scribbling Man said:
Out of curiosity, what were the horrific circumstances that initially gave birth to this thread? Was fanedit.org about to close? I nearly had a heart attack until I saw the date on the post!

Wow...nine years ago?  My daughter was one at the time...no wonder I barely remember that.

But I don't even think I can answer the question.  @"ThrowgnCpr" do you remember?  Was that the C&D we were threatened with which led to us removing all links to edits from the site?

Yes, the day the thread was created we received a notice from our service provider and the MPAA. We pulled the cited edits immediately, but this ultimately prompted us to start changing the way FE provides information on fanedits. We received additional notices after that, and it was clear that we had to make some big changes for FE to remain alive into the future.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Yes, the day the thread was created we received a notice from our service provider and the MPAA. We pulled the cited edits immediately, but this ultimately prompted us to start changing the way FE provides information on fanedits. We received additional notices after that, and it was clear that we had to make some big changes for FE to remain alive into the future.

I see. That must be one heck of a day.

But now we celebrate a great community of amazing people, mostly nerds, geeks, and cinephiles and just overall helpful, friendly, just exceptional human beings. A certainly great era where we can share ideas, turn them into something people can enjoy, all because of this website.

(in no particular order)

@"TM2YC", I have to admit, reading through my PMs, we had a, let's just say, not very amicable chat about my edit. Although I gave you some crap there surely, you still were kind enough and understanding to approve my edit. Just putting it to you, one of the edits you made,  the Covenant Edition of KOTCS was the very first edit I watched, and that just sold me the idea of fan edits. So, thanks a lot. :)

@"DigModiFicaTion", you were one of the absolute best friends here, to say the least it began with Interstellar which I still don't know what to do with till today, but you were still with me, you know. In other places, sections, and you make me smile with your great humor. Thanks a bunch! ;)

@"Zarius", you were the first person to kinda be friends with me, and we share many favourite shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who so naturally we were destined to be friends here. Your edit inspired me a lot for my first edit, and that alone deserves a big thank you. Until now, we're still friends, give each other advice and many great things. Thanks. :)

@"TVs Frink", well here we are. One of the best humour guy 50% of the time and the other 50% is giving advice, being the great moderator/police around here. Thanks for that. :p

@"ThrowgnCpr", you've also been very helpful around, giving people advice and just do great stuff, so kudos for that. :)

@"MCP", you don't post much, interact much, but I know you do something good, so, thanks. :D

@"Q2", super helpful, especially with technical stuff around here, helps fix most of the problems here on FE.org. And I appreciate that. Thanks. :)

@"DominicCobb", being the person receiving all those PM from new editors must be really hard work, and I understand how busy you are, and stuff like that to not reply. Thanks for the work. :)

@"reave", you don't post too much either, but understanding that you pay most of the bills around here, thanks a lot for letting us share ideas and interact with like-minded people. :)

I know I didn't write a specific message to the rest of you awesome guys (and girls?), but all of you people, I just have to say, thanks a bunch for being part of the community, and also accepting me here. ;)

Just wanted to give a shout out to the community, especially all those who build each other up with constructive feedback and encouragement. You all are civility heroes!

I just want to thank everybody in the community. It's a fun little hobby but this place gives me much pleasure. I enjoy reading so many varied opinions on films, agree or disagree. This place gave me a lot of reprieve from real life BS. Thanks.

Hello, sorry for the off topic, but i just wanted to thank the fan edits community for all their dedication. I just discovered fan editing last week, and man, I'm enjoying myself like never before. So, a huge thanks and respect for all of you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom