• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

FE 4.5 is LIVE

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fe-45-300x225.png

Every few years we take a look at what is and isn't working on Fanedit.org. Some changes are behind-the-scenes to make things easier for administrators while other changes are to add features users would like as well as remove those that users don't use. Previously these changes were pretty substantial such as complete refreshes of the site, a more engaging review and rating system for fan edits, etc. This years refresh isn't quite so radical.

For the last five years we're essentially been running three websites: the main front page news site, IFDB, and the forums. We have now combined the front page news portion and IFDB into a single system making it easier for the administrators to moderate the system. With this combination fanedit.org will now automatically redirect to ifdb.fanedit.org.

We've more tightly integrated Discord into the forum. You no longer need to request access to our Discord server; if you have a forum account you'll automatically be able to join.

Several users have requested a way to create lists of fan edits that they've either watched or want to watch. We've introduced a new feature call My Lists that allows you to do exactly that. They can either be private for public, your choice. Simply click on
my-list.png
in the fan edit listing and you can either add the edit to an existing list or create a new one.

We haven't given Cover Artists much attention these past few years, so we added a new Gallery for them. They can create their own albums and upload their fan edit covers to them as well as add tags and descriptions making it easier for users to find alternative cover art. Gallery is available to Cover Artists and Faneditors.

The most substantial change is the migration of our forum software from MyBB to Xenforo, one of the premiere commercial forum software out there. All threads, posts, private messages, user accounts, etc. have been ported over and you should be able to log in without any issues. It's also a much more responsive theme making navigating it on a tablet or mobile device much easier.

Registration is temporarily disabled while we continue to tweak settings. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you experience bugs or questions about the new system feel free to ask in the Sites & Suggestions area.

We hope you enjoy the changes to our community and welcome feedback.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loving the new setup guys, I think it’s amazing!

Gonna be annoying to try and learn everything but it probably won’t be too hard :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there an easy way to jump to the first unread post in a thread straight from the New Posts page? I see the "Jump to New" button within the threads themselves, but these only seem to take one to the newest page, not the first unread post. Thanks! :)

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@jrWHAG42 had the same question earlier on the Discord and figured it out:
So clicking on the thread title brings you to the first unread post, or last post if there are no new posts, it's just that it seems like the state of whether posts have been read has been reset with this update.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's all running smooth so far but if this is the thread for little tweak suggestions...

...is it possible to set the search tickbox for "Search titles only" to yes by default, like it used to. I use the search a lot and use it to look for threads, waaaaaay more than for posts and/or words in the posts. So having to tick that box every single time will be a hassle. Of course if most people use the search the other way to me, then keep it like it is and if it's not possible to tweak, well never mind, I think I'll survive :).

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew it was coming, but it caught me off guard when I logged in today. Awesome job to everyone involved! Thanks for always working hard to keep this community up and running and keeping things looking fly!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An awesome job by all concerned. Looks great!!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking awesome @Q2!

What a great community we have here. Thanks to everyone for chipping in time and money to make our forum even better than it already was.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can also upload a banner. Pretty snazzy stuff.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Liking the return of the different groups having different colored usernames.

Is there anyway we could have our personal banners faint behind our profiles on threads.

B6AC1CC1-6B05-4549-A5FC-B54411C803DD.jpeg

Ri~Lei

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Greetings ye, just ask, where within this new website-interface may I be capable of locating my private-messages; I have experienced great difficulty in locating them. ^^;

~Ice~

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Greetings ye, just ask, where within this new website-interface may I be capable of locating my private-messages; I have experienced great difficulty in locating them. ^^;

~Ice~
Top right, the envelope.

Ri~Lei

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Top right, the envelope
Thank you--I did check it before; however, it was during your-advised second attempt that I noticed the "Show all" option.

~Ice~

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few new things I'm digging...
- The blue arrows that now appear on the bottom right so you scroll up and down the forum pages in one click
- LOVE the way the reply box automatically increases in length as you type, unlike the old system where I had to manually drag it out for larger posts.
- The way the top menu bar follow the screen down as you scroll.
- The horizontal line break option is back (it's under the "more options" three dots menu above), so I don't have to use code to add a line break.
- Youtube video links are automatically formatted.

Top Bottom