• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

FCPX Audio Problem Fix

Pedantic Contrarian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I managed to resolve the issue though as this is the Mac Guide Forum I may as well bestow the knowledge of the method I used to fix said audio problem in case anyone else using this software runs into the same issue.

When working on an edit I usually create three projects in FCPX the first being a rough cut of my edit the second being the 10 or 20 minutes of my edit that I am attempting to refine and the third for audio purposes, what I essentially did was paste the clips from my second project into my third projected and exported them as an MP3 than I went back into my third project and muted the clips than pasted the audio file beneath and exported it again and with that the audio was not only completely in perfect sync with what was occurring in the footage but the audio remained centred throughout.

There is likely an alternative method to solve what was previously my 5.1 Surround Sound Export problem but hopefully what I've posted will prove useful to anyone who uses FCPX or is considering using FCPX for there edits in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom