• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Favourite classical pieces?

FoolsFollowing

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't actually Off Topic as I am looking for music to use in Batman: Winter Sonata. What are your favourite classical pieces? For example, having spent a lot of time listening to it recently i've come to really appreciate Beethoven's 9th

Or for something more specific (as limiting C400 years of music to simply 'favourites' is rather blunt) what are your favourite 'dark' 'exciting' or 'sad' pieces?

Not exactly sure what to do with this thread, as you put it in off topic then said it's not off topic...

Moved to Music for now.

I was always a huge fan of 'Ode an die Freude' specifically, of Beethoven's 9th.

Ode to joy is utterly fantastic. I also enjoy, Requiem, Moonlight Sonata, Toccata & Fugue (Not the Vanessa May version) Ave Maria can be very good but depends on the singer. Bach was pretty handy as well.

Anything by Mozart, Bach or Beethoven and I'm hooked. The movie 'Amadeus' introduced me to alot of Mozart's music - spellbinding stuff.

Of modern composers I love Philip Glass and Arvo Part. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever listened to. We had this music at our wedding while guests were arriving.

I really like classical music. This one has to be one of my favorites that comes to mind right now

^^ I guess you didn't have a spectrum when you were growing up or that tune would be indelibly burned into your brain.

I could listen to Beethoven's sonatas for days on end. Preferably other ones than the Pathétique, Moonlight and Appassionata sonatas as they're overplayed and not as interesting (to my ears) as some of the others. (Actually the insane last movement of the Moonlight sonata is amazing.) Some of my faves are nos. 6, 15 ("Pastorale"), 21 ("Waldstein"), and the directionless (in the best possible sense) no. 32.

Back
Top Bottom