• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Father Merrin's P/T Star Wars Covers

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish I could help Throw but I don't have Super Channel. Any reason why the G4 versions were cut?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WTF, so there is a new release for this. 4 episodes. from the G4TV versions.... This is seriously one of the worst releases ever. The whole series uncut can fit on 2 DVD5s, and they are only releasing 4 of the edited episodes? They really aren't going to sell any of these things...

The preservation plans continue. :mad:

It may be worth waiting until after the official release comes out to include the intermissions on this complete preservation set.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't that basically what they did with the Clone Wars cartoon? Didn't they just recentley release 1 DVD with only 4 episodes from the first season that aired last year instead of releasing the complete season?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, I think they are releasing all the clone wars episodes, just not as a season at a time. Lucas likes to do these dinky little volume releases to get more money. I am pretty sure this is the only bit of Spaceballs that will get a release.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm wondering if he ever will release the full season. I mean he has yet to release the Ewoks or Droids cartoons, two that are high on my wishlist, so I don't know what chance Clone Wars has of being released properly. I'll probably just end up downloading the 720p MKV rips and burning them as data. Why does Lucas have to be such a dick to his fans? I know, retorical question.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not to get off track too much, but it looks like the complete seasons for Clone Wars will get a full release... Scheduled for Nov 3 in the USA. From Amazon.com:

clone-wars-season1.JPG

Product Description:
The "Clone Wars" goes back to the original Star Wars film when Obi-Wan Kenobi tells Luke Skywalker that he was once a Jedi knight the same as your father and that they fought together in the Clone Wars. Since that moment fans have been obsessed with what the clone wars were. This new TV series takes place immediately after the events of Star Wars-Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The series follows Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker and introduces us to some new characters such as Ahsoka Tano a girl Jedi knight as well as characters we already know. Features:

* 22 episodes, including seven director's cut episodes
* 22 behind-the-scenes featurettes including director and crew interviews
* Exclusive 64-page production journal with original sketches and artist notes
* Sneak peek of season 2

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
has anyone had a chance to check this disc out since its been released? I plan on checking it soon and coming up with a final list of contents (and what I am missing) for this preservation.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, I haven't checked stores, but I saw its available via Amazon. I rarely buy DVDs from physical stores. I know that doesn't do you any good, but I would expect it to show up in your local stores soon.

Top Bottom