• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Farscape

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another scifi show that seriously rocks. i haven't seen a awful lot of it... but what i have seen i loved.

it's one of those shows that really confused me until i saw the pilot episode. i had no idea what was going on or who these people were... i thought it was cool, i was just confused. so when i did see the pilot, i really fell in love with the show. great sense of humor, fantastic characters, a great premise, and wonderful animatronics by the jim henson company (always love to see their stuff, nobody does it better). and i love that the main character (john crighton) makes jokes and references to things that we (the audience) get but the rest of the characters in the show don't understand.... because of course he is from almost present day earth.

the series sets are too expensive, so i haven't seen a lot of it yet, mostly just episodes in season one, but still i'm hooked. (sorry but $100 to $120 is too much to pay for one season of any tv series).

any other fans of this show?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"and the most wonderful things about tiggers is... i'm the only one... yes.. i'm the only one......"

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
come on guys.... i can't be the ONLY fan of farscape on these whole boards...... witty dialogue... great scifi action/adventure.... wonderful creatures from jim henson's creature shop......
pilot_season1.jpg

moya1.jpg

gallery02_big.jpg

rigel.jpg

Simcoe2A.jpg

farscape_2.jpg

CPFC1.jpg

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw the show years back in german tv. but as with most american tv shows the main actors had bad german voices.

I did like the overall look of it all. With this organic space ship and the beautiful jim henson puppets (i dig this look since ?the fraggles? :) )

dunno, but crighton always reminded me a bit of buck rogers...

and yes, it was a neat idea to have the main man constantly say things the viewer gets but the rest of the cast doesn?t.

somehow i lost track of it. today?s tv entertainment such as lost or 24 or dexter (which i found to be absolutely great) has you on the hook with a continuing storyline where you can?t even miss a single episode. i guess i saw most of the first two seasons of farscape and it deserved more of that. some big story that makes you want to follow it...

maybe i?ll give it a chance again if i see the boxes somewhere for a few bucks...

Skeksis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
one of my all time favourite tv shows, it has a great mix of excellent creature designs, practical and CG effects, great acting, characters and is also damn funny at times

i was absolutely devastated when i watched the final episode of season 4 where it ended on a cliffhanger, but was increadibly relieved when The Peacekeeper Wars was released and it didn't end up like a lot of great shows that never had some form of an actual ending

surrealised

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the best show on telly in years. Get through the first half of the first season and you'll be hooked. Great characters, stories, action, effects, laughs. Shame it ended so soon, though there's talk of a rebirth in 2008.

Ktar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
come on guys.... i can't be the ONLY fan of farscape on these whole boards...... witty dialogue... great scifi action/adventure.... wonderful creatures from jim henson's creature shop......

I love the show. Have watched it through a number of times. I loved the characters and the odd stories. You never knew what to expect. It was smart television. Not the cookie cutter junk you see so often. I appreciate the Peacekeeper wars being done to try and wind up the series.

K'Tar

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
damn! this was my favourite ever sci-fi show!!!!!! top notch comedy (anyone see the cartoon episode???) and the emotional content was pretty damn good as well.

i really really loved the way characters all bonded and looked after each other, a real shame the bloody sci-fi channel cancelled it :(

anyone have any info on the possible resurrection next year????

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well... there's good sci-fi

and then there's stuff like this

there's an audience for it, but that audience doesn't include me

it's kinda like my dad hating good sci-fi and only watching horrible sci-fi

so i understand you guys! no worries ;)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Joebshmoe. -5 good taste points :)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey joebshmoe, put it in context. whats "good sci-fi "?

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well... i've finally seen the whole series now.... just finished "the peacekeeper wars" last night...
wow...
what a great ending to the show.... one of the most satisfying endings to a series i've ever seen.
:)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still have to see season 4 and the final! Great show, one of my fav.

Dreamfever

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Farscape has to be one of my all time favourite sci-fi shows. It has colour, story arcs that really hold you and I love the way the characters are developed. Real frelling shame it only ever had 4 seasons. I'm glad I came to the series after the Peacekeeper Wars were made and was able to watch everything back to back. That season 4 cliffhanger would have been way too much otherwise. If ever a show needed to be resurrected, this one does. It's up there with Babylon 5 for me.

Favourite characters, anyone? Mine has to be Chiana..

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like pretty much all the characters but I have a crush on Zhaan, played by Virginia Hey. You may also remember her from... Mad Max 2!

By tmbtm

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Talk about resurrecting a thread, not a single post in over three years - Good thing I searched before starting a new one.

I just wanted to chime in and express my undying love for Farscape; in my opinion it stands up there with the all time greats in TV science fiction such as Star Trek TOS & TNG, the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, the first 7 seasons of The X-Files, and currently Fringe.
I have spent the last couple of months rewatching the whole series on BluRay and it has been a great experience to experience it again, there was so much I had forgotten over the years and it all holds up so well. If the whole series was 16x9 I wouldn't be able to tell its age; and saying that makes me feel old :p

Bottom line: highly recommended to any scifi fan.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked this show a great deal as well. The first 3 seasons were great. Season 4 was a misfire creatively for the most part, in my opinion. But then The Peacekeeper Wars wrapped the series up with one of the most satisfying finales ever.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I liked this show a great deal as well. The first 3 seasons were great. Season 4 was a misfire creatively for the most part, in my opinion. But then The Peacekeeper Wars wrapped the series up with one of the most satisfying finales ever.

Funny, in my opinion season 3 is when the series hit a series of bumps with quite a few experimental episodes in the middle that almost made me lose my interest - lots of out of sequence done in ones, lots of drug-induced hallucinations... the weirdness of some stories at the time cannot be fully expressed with words, specially animated Road Runner inspired one.

But then season 4 came along to correct the course forging the uneasy Crichton / Scorpius alliance and the much anticipated visit to Earth to wrap things up with the great 3 episode finale to set up the Scarran war.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
See, I loved "Revenging Angel" (the animated episode). I enjoy it when series take creative risks and do things that are outside of the box. I don't want the same old, same old every week - I want to be surprised!

Season 4, especially after the return to Earth, was a lot of heavy-handed, obvious politicizing - and it was illogical to boot. It just annoyed the crap out of me. YMMV.

Worth noting is that David Peckinpah was brought on board as an executive producer for Season 4. Peckinpah is the same executive producer who ran Sliders creatively into the ground for the last 2 1/2 seasons it was on the air. He took a funny, intelligent sci-fi show and turned it into a movie rip-off of the week, with the "characters" constantly behaving out of character. It's some of the worst hack writing I've ever seen.

Mind you, that wasn't the problem with Farscape Season 4. I kept an open mind when watching it. It was bad in completely different ways!

OK, rant over. :)

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
See, I loved "Revenging Angel" (the animated episode). I enjoy it when series take creative risks and do things that are outside of the box. I don't want the same old, same old every week - I want to be surprised!

Season 4, especially after the return to Earth, was a lot of heavy-handed, obvious politicizing - and it was illogical to boot. It just annoyed the crap out of me. YMMV.

Worth noting is that David Peckinpah was brought on board as an executive producer for Season 4. Peckinpah is the same executive producer who ran Sliders creatively into the ground for the last 2 1/2 seasons it was on the air. He took a funny, intelligent sci-fi show and turned it into a movie rip-off of the week, with the "characters" constantly behaving out of character. It's some of the worst hack writing I've ever seen.

Mind you, that wasn't the problem with Farscape Season 4. I kept an open mind when watching it. It was bad in completely different ways!

OK, rant over. :)

Yes, I did notice David Peckinpah featured as a new addition in the credits for season 4 (Is he Sam Peckinpah's son or something?) - I had no idea about the Sliders connection, and that's a show that I never really followed but know how it really went down the drain fast. Guess its our good luck that his tenure here was short lived.

About the visit to Earth I do agree that there was a lot of preaching going on in there, yet I have to say that if somewhat heavy handed the overall message is something that has been looming in the background for decades in the real world.
Now in terms of the series, I sure did prefer how things were handled here than the usual cliche of how the hero(es) at the end of their journey reach their destination as they intended and are content with what they find - Crichton came back at a somewhat random point and after a while realized that he had changed so much that Earth was simply not home anymore and going back to the Uncharted Territories to be with Aeryn was the right thing for him. This was somewhat groundbreaking in TV for its time.

As for the rest of season 4: a true threat looming from both Scarrans and PKs factions over the one person in the galaxy with the knowledge to topple a sure to come war is a much better direction than the apparent aimlessness of my less preferred episodes, and the three episode that finally brought the conflict to the front really made things interesting IMO.

Top Bottom