• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Extended Edition

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The next JJPotter Extended Edition from the Wizarding World is now in progress. I am working on creating my own extended version of Crimes of Grindelwald. There are several scenes that were not used in the official Extended Cut which I plan on incorporating into my EE. This will add another 5+ minutes of footage. My cut will also not have “Deleted Scene” in the bottom left corner of any of the scenes. As I complete inserting the deleted scenes, I will post previews.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exactly what I was waiting for you to do!  My wife and I can’t wait to see your edit when it’s done!

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Initial cuts/insertions have been made and demo clips are available. I'm quite pleased with the new intro, despite the clips with unfinished special effects.

https://vimeo.com/album/5916167

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you cutting anything or just adding? I was not a fan of the movie, as there felt too many forced reference to the Potter movies ..... and the ending was quite bad.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am not cutting; only working deleted scenes back in. I know the movie isn't everyone's favorite by any stretch of the imagination, but the more I watch it, the more I enjoy it. My edits have always been about adding as much back into the films as possible. I am sure there will be other edits by other editors that may cut things and move things around. That isn't the goal with my edits though.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I'm getting close to wrapping this edit up. I've been tweaking the new beginning of the film and have added in a couple of new parts.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
really excited for this JJ! love all of your previous EEs and can’t wait for this. :D

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As the release of Crimes of Grindelwald Extended Edition is nearing, I have made a decision in regards to my edits. I will no longer be producing a 5K bitrate version of my edits. The 10K version is a sharper version and is the one most are downloading. I realize that for those with slow connections it will take longer to download the films. I only have so much space on Mega and the 5K versions are taking up space that I can use for future edits.

5K versions will be taken down this Sunday, June 23.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry I haven't posted lately. My father has been in poor health and recently passed. So real life has been kicking my rear lately.

I plan on releasing Crimes of Grindelwald Extended Edition over the Labor Day weekend.

Flounder

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
I'm sorry I haven't posted lately. My father has been in poor health and recently passed. So real life has been kicking my rear lately.

Aw, that's rough. I'm really sorry.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:

I plan on releasing Crimes of Grindelwald Extended Edition over the Labor Day weekend.

My condolences, my friend! This made me sad. I'd do something for you if I could. Please tell me if I can!

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:

i'm sorry to hear about your loss.i'm sure everyone on this site is thinking of you and your family at this time.

JJPotter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the messages of encouragement. They mean a lot.

I am pleased to announce the release of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Extended Edition. The edit adds 11 minutes of footage, including a completely redone beginning sequence with 2 deleted scenes added along with one custom created segment.

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
congratulations on finishing the project, JJ. hope you’re doing fine, friend. be strong. and my condolences.

“do not pity the dead, harry. pity the living.”

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now on ifdb. Thread moved. Izzy, wizzy, let's get busy!

Top Bottom