• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

Fantastic Adventures of Pulp Characters

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
The cover for the first book in the new ERB Universe line has been released....

EdgeofAllWorldsCover-small.jpg


For further details...
https://www.blackgate.com/2019/12/1...TUtlkYcc3Bh5Aaefa0OffrukuPI6pXE1g#more-407269
 

MusicEd921

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
54
Trophy Points
78
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out where I can go to purchase these when they start releasing.  Any tips?
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
musiced921 said:
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out where I can go to purchase these when they start releasing.  Any tips?

You can definitely purchase them directly from ERB Inc on their store website when they become available... as of now the first four Tarzan are up for orders.  The new ERB line does not have a specific release date other than Spring 2020 and when I last checked were not available for pre-order yet.

https://edgarriceburroughs.com/store/print-books/

Amazon US usually carries their titles too.
 

MusicEd921

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
54
Trophy Points
78
bionicbob said:
musiced921 said:
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out where I can go to purchase these when they start releasing.  Any tips?

You can definitely purchase them directly from ERB Inc on their store website when they become available... as of now the first four Tarzan are up for orders.  The new ERB line does not have a specific release date other than Spring 2020 and when I last checked were not available for pre-order yet.

https://edgarriceburroughs.com/store/print-books/

Amazon US usually carries their titles too.

Awesome!  Thanks!  I'll keep an eye out.  I'm thinking of starting with what's being released in the Spring so I can jump in on the ground floor of this shared universe.
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
Also coming out in 2020, TARZAN CONQUEROR OF MARS by pulp master Will Murray!!!!

Book cover artwork...

4upxmbfpd2341.jpg
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
musiced921 said:
bionicbob said:
musiced921 said:
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out where I can go to purchase these when they start releasing.  Any tips?

You can definitely purchase them directly from ERB Inc on their store website when they become available... as of now the first four Tarzan are up for orders.  The new ERB line does not have a specific release date other than Spring 2020 and when I last checked were not available for pre-order yet.

https://edgarriceburroughs.com/store/print-books/

Amazon US usually carries their titles too.

Awesome!  Thanks!  I'll keep an eye out.  I'm thinking of starting with what's being released in the Spring so I can jump in on the ground floor of this shared universe.

If you are a completist, the current CARSON OF VENUS comic by AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY is a prequel to the upcoming new book series.  

I have only recently discovered American Mythology comics, ordered their three trades from Amazon... The Land Time Forgot, Pellucidar and Fear on Four Worlds... all fun stuff and fully authorized by ERB Inc.
 

MusicEd921

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
54
Trophy Points
78
bionicbob said:
musiced921 said:
bionicbob said:
musiced921 said:
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out where I can go to purchase these when they start releasing.  Any tips?

You can definitely purchase them directly from ERB Inc on their store website when they become available... as of now the first four Tarzan are up for orders.  The new ERB line does not have a specific release date other than Spring 2020 and when I last checked were not available for pre-order yet.

https://edgarriceburroughs.com/store/print-books/

Amazon US usually carries their titles too.

Awesome!  Thanks!  I'll keep an eye out.  I'm thinking of starting with what's being released in the Spring so I can jump in on the ground floor of this shared universe.

If you are a completist, the current CARSON OF VENUS comic by AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY is a prequel to the upcoming new book series.  

I have only recently discovered American Mythology comics, ordered their three trades from Amazon... The Land Time Forgot, Pellucidar and Fear on Four Worlds... all fun stuff and fully authorized by ERB Inc.

Ah ok!  That gives me a good place to start.  I'm not familiar with Carson, so I'll check that out.  Also, that Tarzan on Mars sounds like a cool fusion of Tarzan and John Carter!
 

hbenthow

Well-known member
Messages
1,433
Reaction score
21
Trophy Points
43
The Doc Savage, Shadow, and Spider double novel reprints are now down to $3 apiece on Radio Archives. The latest Radio Archives email newsletter warned that copies of some of them might sell out in the next few days.

EDIT: Adventure House is also having a sale on Sanctum reprints of Doc Savage, the Shadow, the Spider, the Avenger, the Whisperer, and others. It's a Black Friday sale that's been extended until December 31. Most of the double-novel reprints are priced at $7.77, and the several superpacks and one Shadow multi-pack featured there are priced in the $23.97 - $29.97 range. This makes the individual double-novel reprints and some (but not all) of the superpacks a bit higher than Bud's Art books in and of themselves, but Adventure House also currently has a Black Friday free shipping deal, which can actually make your order cheaper than Bud's Art Books in some situations.
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
hbenthow said:
The Doc Savage, Shadow, and Spider double novel reprints are now down to $3 apiece on Radio Archives. The latest Radio Archives email newsletter warned that copies of some of them might sell out in the next few days.

EDIT: Adventure House is also having a sale on Sanctum reprints of Doc Savage, the Shadow, the Spider, the Avenger, the Whisperer, and others. It's a Black Friday sale that's been extended until December 31. Most of the double-novel reprints are priced at $7.77, and the several superpacks and one Shadow multi-pack featured there are priced in the $23.97 - $29.97 range. This makes the individual double-novel reprints and some (but not all) of the superpacks a bit higher than Bud's Art books in and of themselves, but Adventure House also currently has a Black Friday free shipping deal, which can actually make your order cheaper than Bud's Art Books in some situations.
 I was going to order some of the Doc and Shadow superpacks today, but the shipping to Canada was around $100!!!  Too rich for my budget...  :cry:
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
Ended up ordering from Bud's Art Book, as their International Shipping was significantly cheaper.

Ended up buying...
 DOC SAVAGE CLASSIC SUPERPACK #1 THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE COLLECTION
 
  THE SHADOW SUPERPACK #2
 
  THE SHADOW SUPERPACK #1
 
  DOC SAVAGE CLASSIC SUPERPACK #2 ORIGINS AND ENDINGS

:D
 

hbenthow

Well-known member
Messages
1,433
Reaction score
21
Trophy Points
43
The Doc Savage, Shadow, and Spider double-novel reprints are now down to $2 apiece on Radio Archives (that's $1 per story). The 7-volume bargain packs are down to $12 apiece. And "Doc Savage Volume 18" and "The Shadow Volume 13" are $0.20 each if you order them through the Bargain Basement section of the website*. This all ends Tuesday at Midnight, and the latest email newsletter says that some volumes are selling out fast.

Pulp section:

https://www.radioarchives.com/Pulp_Book_Store_s/40.htm

Bargain Basement:

https://www.radioarchives.com/Bargain_Basement_s/178.htm

These two volumes are also currently available for $2.00 apiece in the regular Doc Savage and Shadow sections. The $0.20 copies are apparently in lesser quality than the $2.00 copies, as the email newsletter says the following about the former: "These copies have a minor wave in the cover and the 20 cent BONUS price is good while supplies last."
 

hbenthow

Well-known member
Messages
1,433
Reaction score
21
Trophy Points
43
"Doc Savage Volume 13" (featuring the first appearance of Pat Savage) is currently available for $0.20 in the Bargain Basement section of Radio Archives ($2.00 if purchased through the regular Doc Savage section). Also, if anyone still wants to order any Sanctum or Girasol reprints from Radio Archives or Adventure House, be sure to do it before midnight of Tuesday, December 31.

Bud's Art Books will still have their reprints available and on sale until they sell out.
 

hbenthow

Well-known member
Messages
1,433
Reaction score
21
Trophy Points
43
There are only a few more hours left for the Radio Archives and Adventure House sales.

On Radio Archives, Doc Savage volumes 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, and 13 and Shadow volumes 4, 11, and 12 have been marked down to $0.95 in the regular Doc Savage and Shadow sections. "Doc Savage Volume 13" is still available for $0.20 in the Bargain Bin section.

Also, the book "Doc Savage: The Lost Radio Scripts" (normally $22.95) has been marked down to $2.00.
 

bionicbob

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
6,865
Reaction score
96
Trophy Points
103
bionicbob said:
Also coming out in 2020, TARZAN CONQUEROR OF MARS by pulp master Will Murray!!!!

Book cover artwork...

4upxmbfpd2341.jpg
Now available to order from Adventures in Bronze! Should be on Amazon in near the future.
 

MusicEd921

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
54
Trophy Points
78
FINALLY!  Something for this character!

rx76kgc92twx.jpg
 

Rogue-theX

Well-known member
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Messages
6,890
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
81
Just read it now, that was fun!  :cool:

Looking forward to the next installments.
 

hbenthow

Well-known member
Messages
1,433
Reaction score
21
Trophy Points
43
bionicbob said:
It is becoming clear the reason Conde Nast withdrew their comic and book licences for all their pulp characters like Doc Savage and The Shadow, is they plan on relaunching the various IPs into modern media.

They could have still let Sanctum Press keep printing the original books, though. Print is a different medium from television. Of course, maybe they figure that a Doc Savage television show would renew interest in the books, and want to print the books themselves and receive all of the money from the sales.
 

I'm not sure what to think of this. If it even manages to get made, I'm worried that they'll try to modernize or otherwise change it.
 
Top Bottom