• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fanfiction?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, was Mark blind before the fight or because of injuries sustained during the brawl?  Wearing pants in the shower and kicking over suitcases may suggest that he lost his vision at some point between the two stories.  What do you all think?

In today's chapter, we get the rematch of the century, improvised counterfeiting, and the true nature of an iconic character revealed at last.

They both down a lot of water and then we cut to another roof shot.
Denny crouches behind someone: it’s a man from that san francisco street.
Denny: ( sarcastically ): everybody look at me now wearing a tux. Are you crazy p***k? You shouldn’t commences play against god amid my f***ing dangerous night!
Chris: what are you smoking?!
Denny takes a bite of that man.
Chris is not okay.
Chris: you little p***k! I kill you tomorrow!
Denny answers except “wow” is it interesting. Denny turned on a box. There’s a door in to the hell in the world and somehow this is it. 

Chris is very dead and he still thinks the room is the symbol of our problems. Chris goes to find himself a truth: the room is fine and it will be recut to be a new terrible. It’s the room in a new situation.

Chris: denny tricky! Denny turned me! ( sobbing ): will help me?
Denny takes a drag and tediously installs a primitive man faces before he finally manages to talk right.
Denny: i’m about the hell. You have something for my pocket?
Chris: yeah man. I have something for you. Here you go.
Chris is not happy. He picks up a paper and somehow makes a good money. He offers it to him.
Denny takes it and he playfully hides it.
Denny: oh i know better. I need more than you think.
Chris: yeah man like... Maybe i got a sick baby.
Denny takes the baby from the golden deal. Denny materializes it. Everything goes wrong.
Chris is not happy.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And then we cut to some random building at night.
Claudette enters in time to see michelle and mike sleeping.
Claudette: homework my f***ing finger!
Mike takes a broom and hurls it over claudette.
Mike: what are you doing here? Claudette, this is my house!
Claudette exits downstairs confuse.
Claudette enters.

Claudette: what are these characters doing here?
Michelle looks pained.
 Michelle: what is going on? Claudette, come on! ( laughing ) stop it!
Claudette: oh god. Denny even confused me. Ahhh to help me crazy! ( incomprehensible ]: why didn’t johnny fight against mind of the hell?

Lisa approaches behind claudette and then proceeds to help her to go home.
Lisa: don’t you think you should leave? Both of you - humps about for me, hunh?
They make love with lisa and claudette seeing.
Lisa and claudette exit.

Cut to that better place, it’s the football shop.
Susan: real tricky night?
Steven: yeah babe i just needed ta deal with it.
Susan brings out all the angel rings.
Susan: denny turned on the lights to find johnny, but now he emerges from time to get involved with a different terrible night.

Steven is not talking.

Steven: i dunno what you mean.
Peter enters and then proceeds to stare.
Steven is not talking.
Steven: this is just getting worse.
Peter: you’re me.
Steven: no! I am you!
Everyone laughs hysterically. They shake hands.
Peter: look at you - if you want to dump, you can drop it anytime.
Steven: i feel like i am going.
They run to the bathroom.
Susan: you’re the psychological impact of what happened to johnny...
She rips open a football and tediously installs a primitive tape recorder.
Susan: catch you guys later.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This algorithm has really taken things in a... direction.

What they mean, i guess you know.

Cut to an alleyway shot.
Chris is sitting on an atomic bomb!
Chris: i can’t... Please don’t denny. It’s a deviation from the golden air.
Denny answers enthusiastically.
Denny: i swear to god, it’s about time somebody ganged up on you. Goodnight.
Denny takes the baby and exits.
Chris: well maybe johnny and mark dying ensues?
Denny materializes behind this creep.
Denny: johnny is approaching?! Cut!
Cut to later.

Chris is sitting on a chocolate car pulling onto a residential street.
Chris: what happened? Remember just being about to... Everything’s wrong. Denny turned me about. Denny answers to the other end of the hell.

Chris is safe, but somehow this leads to a bigger stuff.
Cut to his ass ( he is not wearing a lot )
chris: you devil, denny. 555 years ago denny turned eighteen. Half canadian, but somehow about halfway down onto the hell. I suppose even handsome people are a**holes. Men are changing. Lisa’s some symbol. I have to grow some drugs, but somehow i get my girl. Nobody else will.

Cut to panning shot of time.
Flashback to johnny and peter.
Johnny: you’re what they say: a mistake.
Peter shoves denny and ineffectively tries to push him off the earth. Denny materializes behind johnny.
Johnny: well maybe i know more than you think about everything.
Peter tries a little bit of pineapple.
Johnny: ha yeah. Denny do you have something else to do?
Denny is dribbling a football.
Denny: come back later.
Johnny exits. Peter also exits. Steven enters.
Steven: this is my house?
It is not.
Denny: yeah hi. Peter.
Steven: i agree. I am. Peter.
Steven is very secure.
Denny takes off his shirt and shatters a mirror. There’s a lot of water and he finally manages to dress himself again.

Cut to lisa reemerging from the movie!

Lisa: what’s going on here? The hell? This is very strange. Lisa enters the room.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Claudette enters the flower shop. Susan brings out a new dress amid indecipherable r&b.
Susan: real quick, isn’t it?
Claudette: well it is time somebody had eighteen dollars to get.
They both chuckle.
Cut to that house.
Johnny fires a gun in the kitchen.
Mark hands johnny the phone.
Mark: ha. Alright lisa. Sometimes we have plenty of time. All i know she doesn’t.
Johnny: oh hi lisa. I’m in hd for some reason.
Johnny is wrong.
Lisa ( recording ): signs come on in the world. Peter tries to go upstairs now. He will see that he is not dead. Yes he’s walking. I’m a tape.
Johnny: well maybe you’re lisa.
Lisa ( recording ): i’m lisa ( recording ).
Johnny: what size?
Lisa ( recording ): i don’t... I’m the tape recorder of lisa.
Johnny: can you come here?
Lisa ( recording ): don’t you know what i am?
Mark sighs.
Johnny: oh right.
Johnny puts the gun down onto the phone and shatters the phone with it.
Mark: what’s going on here?
Johnny: it’s a tape from the original.
Mark: what are you talking about? Everything’s complicated...
Johnny: it’s a lot. She’s lisa even though this is a dangerous tape.
Steven enters.
Steven: what are you doing this is my f***ing lovemaking sequence.
Peter enters before cutting to lisa in a hospital.

moviefan95

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not really a big fan of fan-fics, but I git done reading a fanfic a few days ago called "Fighting Crime, Spinning Webs." That fanfic is a continuation of The Spectacular Spider-Man TV series, and is so masterfully written, that I felt like I was actually reading an official sequel. The author really knows the Spider-Man lore. I almost don't want to see an official sequel to the show now.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter enters before cutting to lisa in a hospital.

Lisa is now okay.
Lisa: no guilt. Thanks to paying for another golden air in the world.
Claudette enters.
Claudette: well it is time somebody had sex with someone else. Michelle and mike. Mike puts a tape.
Mike approaches.
Mike: no! Claudette, come on. God you should be getting yourself a new deal.
Lisa: oh mom. Are you trying to ruin his birthday?
Claudette: yeah. Denny turned me crazy.
Cut to exterior daytime shot of pesto and michelle.
Michelle places the broom bottle against pesto.
Peter tries to open the football to find a little more. He just can?t.
Steven enters.
Steven: when is it mine? Why is this year in san francisco here?
Michelle looks pained.
Michelle: examine the football. Peter.
Steven is not talking.
Peter is.
Steven: i agree with that.
Peter: you know what they say: i understand anything as long as you know everything.
Steven: i understand life.

Cut to johnny and mark getting to the police.
Chris is there.
Johnny: you?re that psychological peanut butter cup with extra t**s!
Mark attacks enthusiastically!
Chris is not hit.
Chris: no! You two are very strange. You know people? Men are changing. Denny hurting our family. He hit me. Ahhh. Denny takes me dead and then proceeds to get my son. She was born yesterday!
Johnny collapses.
Mark: johnny! Hey everybody! Johnny seems to be getting worse!
Johnny knocks stuff off the floor and tediously tries to find some money.
Johnny: catch you guys later.
Johnny descends out of time.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ No offense/personal attack to anyone intended, but... I propose a permanent ban on all bot-generated content, "humorous" or otherwise. :p

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fed your response to the bot, to get its opinion on the matter.

Like that i need financial police chatter. You know better, and i did anything for my f***ng faults. Cut through the process of the room and i can forgive myself, and you definitely talk right.

I think that's a reasonable compromise.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should stick around for the shot of time tossing some secrets off the earth. Johnny enters out of this year and exits to find it later in the day. 
Johnny: i never really know what to do. Peter just chill yourself about, you almost brought the burglar of roses. 
Peter: okay.

Flashback to God sitting out The Room.

Chris is safe with Mark.
Mark: Denny even being a big terrible don’t do anything like night fight.
Chris: you sure you’re so flat mark?
Mark offers some drugs from sausalito.
Chris: hey i did that!
Mark: i know. I am something sirens play.
Chris: you’re a b***h?
Mark sighs.
Mark: alright don’t have any secrets. Goes always bugging johnny’s and lisa and claudette and mike...
chris: you’re a little finger!
Mark ( holding his promotion ): yet the leads in this world would take him to the police. I’m the symbol of san francisco street against generic police.
Chris is very struggling with this.
Chris: oh right now you betray me?
Mark hands off the paper.
Mark: come on. Johnny’s against denny. Where’s dribbling mark? Mark gets denny. You expect to find the police? I will help you.
Chris is very sensitive. It’s a good place to be alone with him.

Flashback to lisa tossing mark into a trashcan.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
I fed a transcript of The Room to Botnik to see if it could generate a sequel.  I believe its algorithm may be similar to the one installed in Tommy Wiseau's human-like biomechanical exosuit; it is stylistically similar, I think.

I thought it might be a fun exercise in losing one's mind to try to use this as a starting point for a real sequel spec script. It would incorporate everything generated, only changing minor things so the grammar sounds more like a foreign person with it and less like a computer, and with some additions to try to give the generated material context. But, I wouldn't outright remove anything. Here's the beginning:

The Room 2:
It's In Our Hands

EXT. A REAL PUBLIC PARK
It's San Francisco, a modern city, yet somehow stuck in time, as though the setting was captured years ago by some infernal device for the purposes of filming stock. Children and parents alike enjoy themselves at a public park.

However, today is no normal day. The traffic doesn't skip a beat as the clouds part, allowing a blinding beam of sunlight to pour forth into the green urban escape. Accompanying an innocently forced chuckle (which echoes through the wind) is a group of particles merging into a single form. From the clouds materializes a human shape, oiled and naked, equally wrinkled and muscular, some features seemingly sculpted by a professional auteur, intentionally asymmetrical, to evoke pathos and the struggles of humanity. And finally, flowing locks, shockingly black, erupt from the scalp to cover the new shoulders.

It is him. He has returned. JOHNNY descends out of the golden air. A passer-by misses the football she meant to catch as he falls into her view. She doesn't notice the football hitting her as she falls to her knees.

JOHNNY
Oh, hi, park.

She weeps. He places his palm on her forehead.

JOHNNY
I'm Johnny. And I didn't shot Johnny, I didn't.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Flashback to lisa tossing mark into a trashcan.
Mike approaches, fe****ing a gun.
Lisa: you are such a manipulative baby, mark.
Mike takes a bite.
Mark gets angry and ineffectively tries to get himself up.
Mark: you devil denny!
Lisa laughs.
Lisa: denny turned me crazy like everybody johnny wanted.
Mike puts the gun down.
Mark exits to talk to lisa ( she rips open his mind )
lisa ( attacking mark ): about that. Johnny really loved me. Lisa also need financial security while mark tossing the football around. Denny even giving me everything.
Mike opens some secret shop at the floor and he finally manages to get out.
Mark: how about johnny? Why did you bring someone else to bed? Johnny wanted to adopt honest with you!
Lisa picks up the stuff and shatters mark ( mark is going to be okay )
mark: i can?t! I heard it. I need to see! Lisa! This isn?t about pesto! Johnny fight denny!
Lisa ( laughing ): i know better. Denny answers and lisa loves the hell.

flashback over.
Mark: well that?s over. Sometimes they just have to finish.
Chris: can you be kidding me? Why is this happening? Lisa is flirting with jail and rose johnny? What are you trying to tell me?
Mark: denny answers to the hell. Denny barely inside and lisa is everywhere. Johnny is walking throughout this world. Johnny is walking throughout this year. Thanks to johnny descending the golden place, denny can give complicated situation. Denny joins play cards for god's.
Chris: yeah man. Maybe i didn?t listening?
Mark sighs.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh boy, a fanfiction thread! I love reading fanfics, though I haven't in a while. I have a bunch in my library that I really need to catch up on. Crossover fics are my favorites, so imaginative. My favorite story that I need to catch up on is based on the game Super Smash Brothers. I have so many ideas and stories I've started writing but abandoned.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I once bought a physical copy of someone's crappy Legend of Zelda fanfiction thinking it was official. It has since been removed from Amazon. When I was younger and naive and I first got it, I thought it was the greatest book ever. It's called The War of the Tri Force. At one point, Ganondorf called someone "turd for brains". I think that just about sums it up.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been over a year since my last Botnik Room session?  This must be rectified.  And so it is.  If it wasn't horror before, it sure is now.

Barista 2: okay um what do you mean that i need a book?
A man holds a bouquet of roses and gets in his car.
The doorbell rings enthusiastically.
Cut to night.

Barista: yeah i?m a little part.
Cut to another tracking shot of water.
 Patron 5: what makes denny do anything?
Denny: johnny wanted to adopt me. I suppose love by the hell is complicated. You can trust denny around the golden gown. Drink and abuse each other all days and tell me the truth of love!
 Florist: oh hi denny. I kill my mind.
Flashback to see her mind living. The computer is there. And it seems to be happy then proceeds to talk. " toss the problem of the f***ers. I?m a box of time. All i have to do is put you to your future ( laughing ) stop me if you want to play some secrets. "
johnny retrieves the tape from the original.
Cut to johnny mouth.
Johnny: ( removing sunglasses ) yeah. It?s on our hands.

Cut to an illuminated denny.
Denny: i mean you?re doing this for your mouth and then i don?t want to talk about noon. Mark and mike and michelle and claudette are straight. Speaking of course with the f***ers. Is there a secret rings? ( gibberish ) i?ll try on the mantle of the golden being. Where?s my future life ( holding his ass ) oh my f***ing mother of pineapple!
Doorbell congratulates denny.
Denny have a gun and falls up the roof and lisa is now struggling with him! Everything goes okay.

Lisa: i?m sorry. I don?t think you want to dump. You?ll tell me everything i don?t know.
Denny : okay um right. Maybe i lie awkwardly?
Lisa takes drugs and comforts denny.
Lisa: don?t worry about it. By the hell.
 She?s got a candles and then presents it to reveal a slice of time.
Denny is going to pull them apart. They both sing happy birthday to you because this scene is not true.

Lisa sobs enthusiastically on denim fruit. She unbuttons the doorbell and then makes out with the football.
Denny: what kind of movie are we anymore? There?s no god. He is not dead. I?ve always thought of him as my family. And johnny is clearly in the process of time tossing. I got ta deal with it later. There?s barely a minute to get into lisa. It?s clear for my business.
Lisa: denny denny denny do .
Barista: is that right?
Denny: i don?t study the matter in this world. She?s a stupid man. And i can marry her up on the mantle of the hilly san mark ( a good place ).
Lisa giggles except she?s a sociopath and opens a door to leave denny to be alone with that man.
Barista: what are you doing to me?
Denny: about that... I?m sorry. I have to finish you off. Sometimes i cut. You should feel the floor eventually. Let?s see what makes you dead.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's funny, I get a lot of people who favourite my stories on FF.net and leave kudos on them at Archive of My Own, but I barely get a whiff of actual reviews...just like I barely get reviews for my fanedits but get loads of requests for them. I'm a pretty paranoid individual and I often feel trolled by the universe...anyone else have this particular issue where on one hand you seem quite popular, but it doesn't manifest in actual feedback?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't say I relate, because I'm bad at putting out creative content.
I have so many ideas, but I'm bad at actually doing them, it's much easier to just sit down and read or watch someone else's works.
I used to be big on online role-playing, which makes me cringe whenever I mention it, but it was fun, and I met so many friends that I still talk to. That was the most writing I ever did. I much prefer the collaborative nature of the writing, if I could just write a full story with someone then I would surely have a ton of novels or fanfics under my belt, I'll look into that in the future.

As far as reading fanfics...
Last year I got into Undocumented Features. It is a long series of stories by different authors in one big universe, spanning hundreds of years. It's a huge space opera sci-fi series.
It started off with a couple WPI students in 1991 writing a joke fanfiction regarding a couple animes that they liked, just as practice before they write something serious. It featured in jokes regarding the college, and they wrote themselves and their friends as the main characters. The first story is kinda hard to read. But it became popular, and they shared it online, people demanded a sequel. That's where it starts getting good.
There are four Core stories by the original authors.
There are 4 sets of stories. The initial four Core stories, The Golden Age which takes place during a time skip in the second story, Exile which takes place between three and four, and Future Imperfect which takes place after the fourth story.
These stories have everything. Star Trek, Star Wars, Predator, Robotech, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Buckaroo Banzai, and so much more. It takes parts from these universes to build its own universe, to the point where I struggle to call it a fanfiction even though it is technically. You don't have to be familiar with anything referenced, I know nothing about Dirty Pair or Project A Ko, but the characters featured from them managed to become some of my favorites. Everything has a chance of being referenced even if it's not science fiction.
I'm working my way through in approximately chronological order.

I have no idea if I'd recommend this or not.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
It's funny, I get a lot of people who favourite my stories on FF.net and leave kudos on them at Archive of My Own, but I barely get a whiff of actual reviews...just like I barely get reviews for my fanedits but get loads of requests for them. I'm a pretty paranoid individual and I often feel trolled by the universe...anyone else have this particular issue where on one hand you seem quite popular, but it doesn't manifest in actual feedback?

I'm sorry, I am very guilty of this. I always get download links for fanedits I'm interested in while I know the editor is active, and then I often don't get around to watching them for months and then I forget to leave a review.

Top Bottom