• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fanfiction?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally bit the bullet and started writing/publishing my first fanfic. Already 7 chapters and 9,000+ words in over the past 3 days. When you really get into it, writing can be pretty cathartic. I won't share it here, but it's just another self indulgent fluffy gay Smash Bros thing, the kind I've taken to enjoy reading lately. Go me for actually starting something! And yes I'm still typing on a flip phone (long story), with enough determination an artist can make use of any tool, or something like that. RIP my thumbs.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, here's my schedule

-Across July through to late September, try to complete the first storyline of the Unofficial Spider-Man Newspaper Strip (plots for the second and third storylines have been completed)

-Sonic The Hedgehog story, "The Lightfoot Brigade", an 'epilogue' to Fleetway's Sonic The Comic, due out later in the summer

-Get at least the first page done of "Spider-Man: The Rescue". Due to my artist's schedule, a new page might take an extra few months to come out. I don't mind longer gaps with this one because I'm focused on an audiobook version at the moment.

-At some point, prepare scripts for short seven-page instalments of webcomic continuations of Spider-Man: TAS and the Marvel Action Hour

-Oh, and do something original and not just with an established franchise. I have a few short stories that should fit the bill here.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wanna see some kind of story that takes the mechanics of Inception to deconstruct the Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis. No idea how it'd work specifically. Just a random thought I had earlier.

Edit: It just occurred to me that imagination is not the same thing as a dream, thus there's no real basis for this idea. Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Last edited:

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sharing something odd.

lfci7ozdxfaa1.jpg

I'm working on a pretty sizable fic that sort of combines Dissidia Final Fantasy with the horror film genre, 20k words deep.

Context: There are over a dozen Final Fantasy games, each one set in its own universe. Dissidia Final Fantasy was a 2008 action/fighting game that crossed over the first 10 of those FF games, with a sprawling storyline that focused on two Gods' never ending war, in which they summon warriors to fight for them, warriors summoned from the individual FF games.

Similarly, Praelium — Horror Fantasy is set in a distant world, known as Requiem, which is host to a never ending war between two equally powerful deities; Impius, the God of Discordia, and Iustus, the Goddess of Concordia, both of whom are locked into a stalemate with their otherworldly fighters. Now, in the most recent cycle of war, Impius has reached out to a small blue planet in the milky way to recruit a harrowing squad of monsters; Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, the Hell Priest, Chucky the Killer Doll, the Wishmaster, and the Maniac Cop Matt Cordell. All are extremely powerful, all are brutal savages.

Iustus likewise reaches out to the blue planet—not for monsters of her own, but for life powerful enough to squash the darkness within the hearts of Impius' Champions. She finds seven individuals, each of whom has a connection to Impius' seven; Dr. Samuel Loomis, Tommy Jarvis, Nancy Thompson, Kirsty Cotton, Andy Barclay, Alexandra Amberson, and Detective Sean McKinney.

Any interest? I'll link to my blog and my Ao3

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sharing something odd.

lfci7ozdxfaa1.jpg

I'm working on a pretty sizable fic that sort of combines Dissidia Final Fantasy with the horror film genre, 20k words deep.

Context: There are over a dozen Final Fantasy games, each one set in its own universe. Dissidia Final Fantasy was a 2008 action/fighting game that crossed over the first 10 of those FF games, with a sprawling storyline that focused on two Gods' never ending war, in which they summon warriors to fight for them, warriors summoned from the individual FF games.

Similarly, Praelium — Horror Fantasy is set in a distant world, known as Requiem, which is host to a never ending war between two equally powerful deities; Impius, the God of Discordia, and Iustus, the Goddess of Concordia, both of whom are locked into a stalemate with their otherworldly fighters. Now, in the most recent cycle of war, Impius has reached out to a small blue planet in the milky way to recruit a harrowing squad of monsters; Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, the Hell Priest, Chucky the Killer Doll, the Wishmaster, and the Maniac Cop Matt Cordell. All are extremely powerful, all are brutal savages.

Iustus likewise reaches out to the blue planet—not for monsters of her own, but for life powerful enough to squash the darkness within the hearts of Impius' Champions. She finds seven individuals, each of whom has a connection to Impius' seven; Dr. Samuel Loomis, Tommy Jarvis, Nancy Thompson, Kirsty Cotton, Andy Barclay, Alexandra Amberson, and Detective Sean McKinney.

Any interest? I'll link to my blog and my Ao3
I'm super interested. There are plenty of horror movie crossover fics, but I've yet to find one that really captures my interest. This one seems neat though, basing it around the story of Dissidia is a really cool idea.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Between writing & fanediting, I like to make little games in RPGmaker. I was thinking about making Praelium an actual RPG game.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm almost finished with a Zelda The Movie spec script I've been writing for fun, hope to finish before Illumination announces a Nintendo cinematic universe. I think that may count as fan fiction. The idea is just an attempt to write what a big budget Hollywood Zelda movie might look like, no parody or anything too goofy or grimdark, just trying to be faithful, mostly to Ocarina of Time but also bits of Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild. No one game is the inspiration, there's bits from everywhere. I hope I've done it justice.

Anybody interested? I have no idea where to even post it when it's done. @Zarius @Masirimso17 you're the only two I can think of who might be.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm almost finished with a Zelda The Movie spec script I've been writing for fun, hope to finish before Illumination announces a Nintendo cinematic universe. I think that may count as fan fiction. The idea is just an attempt to write what a big budget Hollywood Zelda movie might look like, no parody or anything too goofy or grimdark, just trying to be faithful, mostly to Ocarina of Time but also bits of Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild. No one game is the inspiration, there's bits from everywhere. I hope I've done it justice.

Anybody interested? I have no idea where to even post it when it's done. @Zarius @Masirimso17 you're the only two I can think of who might be.
As someone who made a Zelda fan film and wrote another, feature-length one myself, I would be beyond thrilled 😁 I think @Ray Danger would be interested too.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm no Zelda expert other than watching the cartoon back in the day, I don't know how useful feedback from me would actually be unless it had elements from that

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As someone who made a Zelda fan film and wrote another, feature-length one myself, I would be beyond thrilled 😁 I think @Ray Danger would be interested too.
It's complete, I send a message to you both. It's a little cheesy/corny/cliche but I mean, it's what I think a Zelda movie would be, and I think it's fun. If anyone else is interested, I can add you to the convo to share the link.

I'm no Zelda expert other than watching the cartoon back in the day, I don't know how useful feedback from me would actually be unless it had elements from that
I included you just in case, I just know you are into writing fan projects and fan fiction so figured you might either be interested in reading or have some advice on where I should put it. I have an affinity for the cartoon too, and snuck in a few references. Nothing really major though.

Sunflight

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Newbie here, joining the conversation. * waves hi* I've been reading a lot of fanfiction over the last year of so. It started with Good Omens then I branched out to Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the MCU. I've been writing again too - I wrote a fair bit of fanfic back in the early 90s (so long ago!) and it's been nice to get back into it.

Top Bottom