• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fanedits combining unrelated films

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Discussion/ideas thread regarding fanedit mashups of unrelated films (ie standalone films, or not in the same franchise). I'm considering films which combine narratives from at least two different films. Existing examples include:
  • Armageddon (Deep Impact Edition) by Gekko (2007). Combines Armageddon and Deep Impact. Common theme: Disaster.
  • The Last Dawn by Tranzor (2007). Mainly based on Red Dawn, with scenes from 7 other films. Commen theme: The Apocalypse.
  • War of the Worlds: Independence Day by Gekko (2008). Combines War of the Worlds and Independence Day. Common theme: Alien invasion.
  • Wrong Turn Home by 3Raz0r (2008). Combines Wrong Turn with The X-Files episode "Home". Common theme: Inbred monsters.
  • Bateman Begins by Adabisi (2008). Combines Batman Begins (and a bit of The Dark Knight), American Pyscho, and The Machinist. Common actor: Christian Bale.
  • The Last Game of the Strangers by 3Raz0r (2009). Combines Funny Games US, The Strangers, and The Last House on the Left. Common theme: House invasion.
  • Memories Alone by Q2 (2013). Combines The Wrestler and Black Swan. Common theme: Psychological career films.
  • Cosmogony by TMBTM (2013). Combines a dozen different films. Common theme: History of the Earth.
  • Fallen Hero by Wraith (2014). Mainly based on Gran Torino with scenes from Heartbreak Ridge and a scene from Firefox. Common actor: Clint Eastwood.
  • In the Mouth of Event Horizon by RollWave (2014). Mainly based on In the Mouth of Madness with scenes from Event Horizon. Common actor: Sam Neill.
  • Dunkirk: Darkest Hour by FilmHacker (2018). Combines Finest Hour and Dunkirk. Common event: Battle of Dunkirk.
  • Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by ch0c0pie86 (2018). Combines Finest Hour and Dunkirk. Common event: Battle of Dunkirk.
  • Finest Hour by MapleFilms (2018). Combines Finest Hour and Dunkirk. Common event: Battle of Dunkirk.
  • Gigan - Ghidorah - Armageddon by Markus Bruckner (2018). Combines Godzilla vs. Gigan and Kinderarzt Dr. Fröhlich. Common theme: Hopelessness.
  • Nocturnal Visions by Josh Nitsche (2019). Mainly based on Nocturnal Animals with scenes from Demolition, Enemy, Visions, and Boardwalk Empire. Common actors: Jake Gyllenhaal, Isla Fisher, and Ellie Bamber.
  • Lovecraft Actually by JobWillins (2021). Combines The Mist, Deep Rising, and In the Mouth of Madness. Common theme: Tentacle monsters.
  • And Not To Yield by subjectzero (2021): Combines dozens of films. Common event: WW2.
  • The Fall of the Pacific by Murikamir (2021). Combines Pearl Harbor and Midway. Common event: Pacific Theatre of WW2.
Plus:
  • Star Wars - The Epic Picture
  • Glen or the Bride
  • When Universes Collide
  • Hitler: Memories of the Past
  • Stormtrooper Bladerunner
  • Ultra Violence
  • The Empire of the Mind
  • Risk / Citizenfour - Chronological Edit
  • Welcome
  • Vocal Dragon
  • Lazarus
  • Batman: The Intimidation Game
  • Merry Muppet Xmas - Starring The Cast of Star Wars
  • World War Z: Take Two
  • Driver
  • Cold Calling
  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day
  • Three 'Effin Beers
Shorts:
  • Depths of Darkness by Infodroid (2008). Combines Equilibrium and The Machinist. Common actor: Christian Bale.
  • Dead Awake by blueyoda (2009). Combines Aliens with scenes from zombie films. Common theme: Zombies.
  • (fe) la vie by blueyoda (2009). Combines a number of films. Common theme: Unknown.
  • Alien Elements by ThrowgnCpr (2009). Combines Alien vs. Predator and The Fifth Element. Common theme: Space.
  • (fe) la vie 2.22 by blueyoda (2011). Combines a number of films. Common theme: Unknown.
  • Chasing Trinity Part 2 by blueyoda (2011). Combines The Matrix Reloaded with a number of car chase scenes. Common theme: Car chases.
  • Rejected by blueyoda (2012). Combines Ninja Assassin, Rampage, and X-Men. Common theme: Superheros/Martial arts.
  • Iron Blood by TMBTM (2012). Combines Rambo III and Iron Man. Common theme: Unknown.
  • fel @ vie by blueyoda (2014). Combines a number of films. Common theme: Unknown.
  • Top 5 Break-Ups by Neglify (2016). Combines 6 films. Common theme: Romance.

Any I've missed?
Additionally, are there any other films with similar themes or the same actors which could be combined? I was thinking that Shutter Island and Inception could be combined due to both starring Leonardo di Caprio and having similar themes. The war films/series, as done by subjectzero and Murikamir, are a great idea, a lot of potential here. There's a lot of WW1 films that could be combined in the future, as well as Vietnam War films. Would be interesting to see a miniseries based off the Vietnam War segments of The Deer Hunter, Born to Kill, Platoon etc.

Last edited:
On IFDB there's an edit combining Deep Impact and Armageddon, I wanna say it's just called Armageddon: The Deep Impact Cut or something like that, can't remember who the editor was.
There's Marvel 24 combining several pre-mcu marvel movies into an episode of 24
In the same vein, off-site there was an Avengers edit in 2008 combining X-men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and Incredible Hulk.
I have an edit I've been working on that combines several Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Coen Brothers (to a lesser extent) movies featuring shared actors and similar props.

My In-the-works Machete fanedit will use footage from at least 6 or 7 unrelated movies. Common actors - Danny Trejo & Steven Seagal.

Memories Alone and Finest Hour are amazing as well.

Killer Horizon is mostly Event Horizon but has shots from Sunshine and The Exorcist and some slasher.

Finest Hour by Maple Films...based on The Darkest Hour and Dunkirk (Nolan), are unrelated...(at least as much as Fallen Hero is about a War veteran and his flashbacks). Finest Hour is a great edit and although it covers the same events, the movies came from completely different production stable with wildly differing intents...so I'd add that one for sure.

Finest Hour by Maple Films...based on The Darkest Hour and Dunkirk (Nolan), are unrelated...(at least as much as Fallen Hero is about a War veteran and his flashbacks). Finest Hour is a great edit and although it covers the same events, the movies came from completely different production stable with wildly differing intents...so I'd add that one for sure.
I was thinking that too, but felt the direct connection to the same events of WW2 was too much of a commonality to make it fall under the guidelines in the original post. But you make a valid point.

I was thinking that too, but felt the direct connection to the same events of WW2 was too much of a commonality to make it fall under the guidelines in the original post. But you make a valid point.
That might arguably rule out movies in narrow genres...e.g so let's not include horror mashups...coz it's just people running down corridors or thru forests....
Those two are standalone films and not part of a franchise. Would we exclude a mash up of say....JFK and The Parallax View (oooo there's an idea)..!

It does say "similar themes"...., well the events of Dunkirk tick the box? oops, just saw Finest already got a mention (too excited....read slower ...I will read slower)
BUT I hear you...

That might arguably rule out movies in narrow genres...e.g so let's not include horror mashups...coz it's just people running down corridors or thru forests....
Those two are standalone films and not part of a franchise. Would we exclude a mash up of say....JFK and The Parallax View (oooo there's an idea)..!

It does say "similar themes"...., well the events of Dunkirk tick the box? oops, just saw Finest already got a mention (too excited....read slower ...I will read slower)
BUT I hear you...
I missed that somehow, as well.

Pretty sure there was also one that combined Titanic with a mini series on Titanic to make a more history oriented film.
One I've always thought about was combining the 2 Iwo Jima movies that Clint Eastwood did to make one just focused on the battle.

On IFDB there's an edit combining Deep Impact and Armageddon, I wanna say it's just called Armageddon: The Deep Impact Cut or something like that, can't remember who the editor was.
Found it: Armageddon (Deep Impact Edition) by Gekko. That reminds me, he also made War of the Worlds: Independence Day. I've added both.
There's Marvel 24 combining several pre-mcu marvel movies into an episode of 24
In the same vein, off-site there was an Avengers edit in 2008 combining X-men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and Incredible Hulk.
I won't include those, as those are the same franchise (Marvel).
I have an edit I've been working on that combines several Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and Coen Brothers (to a lesser extent) movies featuring shared actors and similar props.
That sounds interesting, you have a thread for it?

My In-the-works Machete fanedit will use footage from at least 6 or 7 unrelated movies. Common actors - Danny Trejo & Steven Seagal.
Added.

Blueyoda is a real master of that. Just watch Dead Awake or Chasing Trinity, and that's just for starters!
How could I forget! I've seen both of those. I've added all of blueyoda's shorts to the list.

Memories Alone and Finest Hour are amazing as well.

Added both.

I mainly meant that they're not from the same franchise/film series. It's ok if they cover similar events or are from the same director. I added that stipulation to avoid Superhero/Star Wars/Alien mashups being listed, as those are more straightforward to make storywise due to the same characters appearing across different films.

Killer Horizon is mostly Event Horizon but has shots from Sunshine and The Exorcist and some slasher.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the additions made to that don't appear to be narratively signficiant, he seems to have mostly used additional footage for shots or minor changes.

Pretty sure there was also one that combined Titanic with a mini series on Titanic to make a more history oriented film.
One I've always thought about was combining the 2 Iwo Jima movies that Clint Eastwood did to make one just focused on the battle.
Couldn't find it on the list, you remember what it's called?

I’ve also thought of doing a super cut of those two Eastwood films on Iwo Jima a la Finest Hour. But it’s a long ways away.

That sounds interesting, you have a thread for it?
Nah, I've just posted a bit about it in my ideas thread. I'm trying not to make threads for projects until they're completed, because I keep jumping between projects and I don't want to make a thread for something that I might never finish.

As far as the Marvel edits I mentioned, fair enough that they're in the same franchise, but I personally consider the pre-MCU Marvel movies separate.

I've added a bunch more edits to the OP that I found on the Online Fanedit List that combine the narratives of two or more unrelated films.

thanks for the link. seems like it was only for a few shots, rathet than combining narratives.

My upcoming Machete edit is... well, a Machete edit with couple of scenes (and sometimes single shots) from other movies here and there (maybe 6-7 minutes total) rather than full-on narratives combining.

My Machete edit is also just a Machete edit with couple of scenes (and sometimes single shots) from other movies here and there (maybe 6-7 minutes total) rather than full-on narratives combining.
Definitely, the same with Killer Horizon but the bloody bathtub murder scene in the beginning does kind of change the direction somewhat, right?

I’ve also thought of doing a super cut of those two Eastwood films on Iwo Jima a la Finest Hour. But it’s a long ways away.
I also have unfinished business with “Blondieee….eres un hijo de la gran putaAaAaAaaa” …mwar Mwar mwar…

Back
Top Bottom