• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Faneditlover's Preservation Ideas

Faneditlover

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some of my ideas for preservations:

1. Puppet Master I-V Widescreen Versions

Intention/Purpose: To release Puppet Master I-V in their widescreen glory from the MonstersHD Broadcasts

Sources: Puppet Master I, II, III, IV, and V (taken from MonstersHD Broadcasts and official releases for extras as well as the original trailers reconstructed)

2. The Thief and The Cobbler Workprint Preservation

Intention/Purpose: To reconstruct Richard Williams' original workprint version.

Sources: The Thief and The Cobbler Recobbled Cut (main reconstruction source)

Extras: WB Marketing Trailer (Reconstructed)

3. Peter Jackson's Braindead (The Original 104 Minute Version of Dead Alive)

Intention/Purpose: To release Peter Jackson's original 104 Minute Version using the best sources.

Sources: Dead Alive (either the R1 DVD release or the MonstersHD Broadcast. The Trimark Pictures logo will be included.), Braindead (UK release for slightly better picture. Scenes will be sharpen, color-corrected, converted from PAL to NTSC, and matted to 1.78:1 widescreen. Germany release for The Queen Scene at the beginning.)

Extras: Anamorphic 1.78:1 Widescreen
English 2.0 Stereo
Original International Trailer (from Germany release)
US Trailer (reconstructed from MonstersHD Broadcast or R1 release and presented in anamorphic widescreen)
Bonus Trailer for Jack Brown Genius (reconstructed maybe)

More preservation ideas coming soon.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
to my knowledge both 2 and 3 are done. OCPMovie has a richard williams workprint version and Braindead is released uncut in PAL.

Top Bottom