• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fanedit release; decision problem - please help!

Should i include the shorter version?

• Yes, I think including both would be the best way to go!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, including the shorter cut sounds useless to me!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As this DVD set that i'm creating is still months from completion, i won't mention the title yet. But i do have a situation i'd like some advice with. I have to edits of the same movie. It's a film that was really cut up by the studio. The first cut is simply recut, with new footage added, but is a far cry from resembling what the director wanted. Now, this movie is decently story driven -- and on the 2nd cut, i've managed to restore about an additional 85% of the missing scenes through using a "newer" style of animatics that i have created. So the trade-off between the 2 cuts is that one really suffers from the lack of important missing story elements, while the 2nd cut restores nearly the full story at the expense of animated movie stills/music/subtitles.

( Note: The extended cut is approx. 23 minutes longer than the other cut -- a huge difference. )

This is my personal preferred cut as the story is too important to remain missing to me.. so i'm almost thinking to just release the long cut with a bonus features disc. So my question is, should i even include the shorter cut and make a 3 disc set, or just make a 2 disc set without it? Should i include both? I'll never watch the shorter cut again bewteen the two, but should i still include it as an option to viewers? If the first cut is overall useless, that's DVD-r's that i wouldn't need to "waste" on it. Any opinions greatly appreciated! :)

well, i think you should stick to your vision. So I am all for the extended edition only.

No way! All 3 movies.It's important to know and to learn fromwhat the studios deem apropiate for the paying audience. Also, how can we compare the to the new edit without the old?

Sorry, I once again mis-read the post, heh. I say include both versions.

3 discs.

Release both the first cut and the second cut with bonus disc as separate torrents.

The viewers can choose their own version to download, let them choose!

Back
Top Bottom