• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

Fanedit.org 4.0 slider

ThrowgnCpr

Staff Member
I meant to put out a call for this a while ago, but never got around to it with everything else going on with the new website. Anyway, you're probably noticed that there is a slider pinned to the front page of Fanedit.org. This is an opportunity for us to advertise edits, and we want to be able to update this with as little effort as possible to keep the site dynamic. To help accomplish that, we've built a slider that features a simple screenshot and text that is built into the app (not photoshopped onto the image).

Use this space to post images for your fanedit. The screenshot needs to meet the following requirements:

• 355x200 pixels
  • no overlays or design work. just a frame from the edit
  • be simplistic enough to allow for us to place a text overlay with the edit title and editor name (notice in the examples below that there is usually some open space in a quadrant of the frame)

^ That's it!  Here are some examples:

Murder House  (by thecuddlyninja):

slider_murderhouse.jpg

X-Files: I Want to Believe (by ThrowgnCpr):
slider_xfilesiwtb.jpg

THX 1138 hybrid (by TM2YC):
slider_thxhybrid.jpg

Simian Flu (by Uncanny Antman):
slider_simianflu.jpg

Godsmacked (by ssj):
slider_godsmacked.jpg

^these were all edits I happened to have on my hard drive when we built the site. Let's get some diversity on the front page!

thecuddlyninja

Faneditor
The Hand of the King Slider 
28720927225_2699be5b0f.jpg

Independence Day: No Family Edition Slider
28643197591_2627679bc9.jpg

Natural Born Killers: The Tarantino Cut Slider
28615085402_b107210fed.jpg

The Bride in Black Slider
28720927105_c1bc2dfdb6.jpg

The Man with Fire on his Face Slider
28643197071_4edbb190a0.jpg

Turing Test Slider
28643196981_12f40344d9.jpg

EDIT: The Bride in Black one may not have enough space and/or clash with other writing so let me know if you want me to pick a different frame.

ThrowgnCpr

Staff Member
I was surprised it took this long for anyone to jump in.  They all look great, except:

thecuddlyninja said:
The Bride in Black Slider
28720927105_c1bc2dfdb6.jpg

EDIT: The Bride in Black one may not have enough space and/or clash with other writing so let me know if you want me to pick a different frame.

yeah... Something with a little more open space, and preferably not with any letters.  Otherwise, these are just what I was looking for. I'll have them all added soon.  Thanks :)

maniac

I think this is a nice idea.
So this is the first one from me:

The Ultra Violence slider:

6Kjp69k.jpg

Back in my place next week there is more to come

maniac

Some more sliders:

All Work and No Play:

0xegXRr.jpg

The World is Yours:

jPecRtX.jpg

Eternal Memory:

QEGPKJ4.jpg

Visions:

zP28lVr.jpg

Possession:

MrBOiIh.jpg

Lone Wolf:

avRI9L2.jpg

The Siege:

ZwEmwuA.jpg

Revenge:

O6jjSoV.jpg

And Judgment Day:

gTEX1PU.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

Staff Member
ThrowgnCpr said:
The screenshot needs to meet the following requirements:

• 355x200 pixels
  • no overlays or design work. just a frame from the edit
  • be simplistic enough to allow for us to place a text overlay with the edit title and editor name

^

ThrowgnCpr

Staff Member
that is more better :)

I'm traveling at the moment, so it may be a little bit until I can get it added. Thanks!

Top Bottom